LengerichKA88

Mower deck (#50720): Sell or Keep?

LengerichKA88

This is the mower deck that came with our tractor when we picked it up in August. What we would like to know is how much it would affect the value of the tractor itself if we sold it separate, or kept it with. 

It’s missing the double pulley, and it’s a little rough, but we don’t want to end up selling it for 100 bucks (for wxample) and it take 250 off the value of the tractor (numbers for sake of discussion lol). 

Picture of tractor attached as well, as someone may want to see the tractor to answer the question. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

JAinVA

The deck adds value to the machine.How much is subject to market,condition and demand.If you ever plan to sell the tractor, the deck is something most would like to have on one when they buy

it.JMHO,Luck,JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2

Tankman
1 hour ago, JAinVA said:

The deck adds value to the machine.How much is subject to market,condition and demand.If you ever plan to sell the tractor, the deck is something most would like to have on one when they buy

it.JMHO,Luck,JAinVA

:text-yeahthat: Keep the deck, never know when you might like to mow-d-lawn with that Horse.

The Tuul Crib

You have to think also what's cheaper find a replacement deck with shipping costs or repairing the old one? I have to agree I think I would keep the deck with the tractor just my opinion 

rjg854

A tractor with an attachment is much more presentable and marketable than just the tractor alone. Trying to find attachments for a specific tractor can be expensive and difficult. So I would suggest keeping it even if you don't plan on using it.   :twocents-twocents: