Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

Someone snuck a WH past me

jerrell

:whistle: i was surfing the CL list this morning and noticed a listing for a wheel horse garden trailer, in little rock, :thumbs: had my doubts but wheel horse is not a common name around here so i gave the man a call, young man said it was his dads, that he had had it for about 4 years after his dad passed, said it was in perfect condition even had 2 new tires, with a dump handel, and had very minor surface rust in the hopper, perfect metal, no dents or anything, said 55.00, my wife just called and stated she had it in the back of the dually and was on the way home with it. was it worth 55 ???? the man said it was the third listing and had droped the price from 125.00... was tired of moving it around his carport and never used it ..this is the first WH anything i have heard of around here, .. i think no one around here knew what he was talking about using the wheel horse name.. this one is sorta rounded not squared off like most dump carts, almost looks like a wheelbarrow bucket but a lot deeper.. will post a pic and numbers if there are any on it this PM.. i needed another dump cart anyway and the new ones are running around 175 at TSC

CasualObserver

Good price Jerrell. Looks like this, right?

ltd-244_1.jpg

I've said before that I thought in average shape they're typically worth about $100 +/- $25. I've seen them sell for more, and I've seen them sell for less, but either way it's a good purchase. They made that style for quite a few years starting in the mid 60s and going well into the 70s. The picture I posted is my LTD-244. Does yours have a model tag on it?

jerrell

:thumbs: Thanks Jason, your pic is the very same as mine so i won't post a pic, but mine looks exactly the same, it has wheelhorse written across the front along with a silver tag with two sets of numbers 827531 and 7 2211 6 .. it has red axel caps with white rims is that normal or add on?? looks sharp and i like the dove tail, with the dump cart i have now you can't pull it around the yard unless you are all bent over, with this one the dove tail lets you pull it around standing up.

And i was right , the man moved from Chicago down here 5 years ago and his dad passed away up there. so was part of an estate thingy...

d180man

Hi i look on cl 1 to 2 times a day to try to find some wh stuff like that but :thumbs: i dont fine alot round me :whistle: but nice find ! :whistle:

Buzz

Good find :thumbs: . You cart is model # 7-2211 and made from 1968-74. I guess that #827531 is the serial number. I'm not sure how or if the year could be determined by that number :whistle: