71_Bronco

Fuel System Questions

71_Bronco

Okay, couple questions here.

First is regarding my K321 I'm working on. It has the stock aluminum housing mechanical fuel pump on it. How do I check it to make sure it is working properly? Put my fingers over the nipples and see if I can feel suction / pressure as I turn over the motor by hand? Or should i just take it apart and give it a good cleaning for good measure?

Second is regarding filters. What is a good source / brand / style for an in-line fuel filter?

Third, how about an in-line shut-off? Are the Brigs & Straton plastic ones from Home Depot any good?

And lastly, what about the fuel tubing itself? Has anybody used clear tubing rather than the black stuff to see the fuel in the system?

• Excellent 1

oliver2-44

Good 

questions, and I'm interested in the reply.  Especially any fuel line that is ethanol resistant.

pfrederi

you are not going to feel much of anything turning engine over by hand.  if you open it up you will probably wind up needing a kit.  There isn't really much to clean.  I would wait until you can spin the engine with the starter and see if it pumps gas.  Clear plastic paper filers 1/4" are all you need..  i use the red handled no name shutoffs with out a problem.  I bough a roll of tygon can't really speak to longevity yet.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2

ebinmaine

:text-yeahthat:

Plus 1 for the tygon idea.

I use fuel line I can see through.

Either tygon (yellow) or the clear/blue available from parts stores or a - z....