Sign in to follow this  
bc.gold

Tire Chains

bc.gold

I bought three singles from the scrap yard at $10.00 each, borrowed the chain pliers from the farm.

The chains were for an 11:00 x 22 tire, I had to remove a few side links and the third chain was completely disassembled for the cross links which were added into my chain set.

These chains have ice picks which is especially nice on ice and compact snow, for additional traction the tires are loaded with calcium chloride to protect the rims have installed the wet type tubes.

ch1.png

ch2.png

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

What tractor is hiding behind the chains?

• Like 2

peter lena

at 10 bucks a chain , that was definitely the deal, and sizing them down to your  wheel is easy. that single link between be tween the stringers  is also the most chain set up. I regularly touch up my chains with case hardened chain , to keep them fresh. good deal, pete

• Like 1

bc.gold
9 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

What tractor is hiding behind the chains?

"OTHER" Simplicity 9020, also have an Allis 720 with a fel and a blown hydro that needs some TLC.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Machineguy
4 minutes ago, bcgold said:

"OTHER" Simplicity 9020, also have an Allis 720 with a fel and a blown hydro that needs some TLC.

:WRS:

I see you’re new here! :text-welcomeconfetti:

9020 and it’s AC companions are great machines! 

• Like 3

bc.gold

One of my rims was badly corroded from a calcium leak, using one half from a Dodge 16" rim cut nice and neat with the farm plasma and their mig made it useable again

A brand new rim would have looked out of place on this old tractor..:D

When I had the tire shop refill the tires informed them of the welded rim so that they could decide to either reject the rim or if it was going to be a caged fill.

I also think the tractor has the original Goodyear tires installed at the factory back in 1975, I had the shop install wet tubes.

Edited by bcgold
  • Excellent 1

Machineguy
1 hour ago, bcgold said:

One of my rims was badly corroded from a calcium leak, using one half from a Dodge 16" rim cut nice and neat with the farm plasma and their mig made it useable again

A brand new rin would have looked out of place on this old tractor..:D

When I had the tire shop refill the tires informed them of the welded rim so that they could decide to either reject the rim or if it was going to be a caged fill.

I also think the tractor has the original Goodyear tires installed at the factory back in 1975, I had the shop install wet tubes.

My original rears on my 9020 are rusted out badly from calcium fill. It came with the 31x15.5 R15 Goodyear’s that are still usable but I’m gonna have to find some wide enough wheels for them. 

I might have to cut the centers out and replace them with some other wheels too. 

bc.gold
2 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

My original rears on my 9020 are rusted out badly from calcium fill. It came with the 31x15.5 R15 Goodyear’s that are still usable but I’m gonna have to find some wide enough wheels for them. 

I might have to cut the centers out and replace them with some other wheels too. 

My AC 720 has those on it, I'm not particularly fond of them I think the offset puts a bit to much strain on the axle bearings and the wheel studs. Which is evident on one of the rims which has the holes wobbled out of round.

Any 15" rim would make for a good donor for the beaded edges you could roll your own metal to the correct width then use your centers again.

• Thanks 1

Machineguy
2 hours ago, bcgold said:

My AC 720 has those on it, I'm not particularly fond of them I think the offset puts a bit to much strain on the axle bearings and the wheel studs. Which is evident on one of the rims which has the holes wobbled out of round.

Any 15" rim would make for a good donor for the beaded edges you could roll your own metal to the correct width then use your centers again.

I actually drilled Chevy K10 wheels for the rears and I’m using 32x11.50 super Swampers with washer fluid in them. I already had these laying around from an old truck of mine and it’s been a low buck solution that’s served me well! :handgestures-thumbupright:

I agree that the original wheels do have an extraordinarily wide positive offset. Might be helpful to stabilize the machine with a front end loader but for regular usage I like the narrower track width myself too! 

A11FF2C1-D876-4BB7-9AFD-979C6BA61A56.jpeg

• Excellent 2

bc.gold

Here's the tires from the 720, very deep offset.

Paid $500.00 with a blown hydro, the tractor came from Alberta and the seller and his Uncle delivered it to Manitoba for another $600.00. When I do the hydro rebuild will do a thread on it.

1tire.png

2tire.png

alllis.png

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

I love those tires!  Swappers and terra looking ones!