dells68

Rj clutch rod

dells68

Ok guys.  I'm to the point of making a clutch rod for my rj58.  The one that came on it was threaded on both ends with tie rod ends attached. I was wondering if anyone could get me a measurement of the length of a stock one please.  It won't be perfect, but I'd like to get rid of those hokey looking tie rod ends.  Also, how much bend or deflection should be in the rod from straight to allow it to clear the recoil housing?  Thanks for any help!!

• Like 1

peter lena

when I did mine over, I installed heim joints  https://www.zoro.com/qa1-female-stud-rod-end-rh-10-32-cfr3s/i/G6122995/feature-product?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvZXAzKXq3QIVEFYMCh3smQpGEAQYBSABEgJb4PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds  on my rod ends. you can easily find these on the net. I simply ground down rod end to a taper , and threaded it to match joint. I also installed these on my pto lever rod , for solid smooth /easy  operation. those hokey rod ends are one of the first things I change on a horse, they are never lubricated , and always need shimming to tighten up their function. this is only my own experience, for the w/h purist's its a no /no. but if you want a lever or rod to operate with smooth and solid angular function, heim joints are the way to go . pete

• Thanks 1