jnelkie

d160 lost all hydro

jnelkie

LJ fluid is a great wheel horse doctor, tell him the symptoms and he tells you the fix.

jnelkie
7 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Great that it is easily fixable!!!  Never would have guessed that as the problem

When I told LJ that I could push the tractor without turning the tow valve he said the retaining clip coming apart in the motor was the culprit because there was no pressure holding the pistons against the swash plate if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jnelkie

Got things back together and have some minor things to resemble but it lives again.  Thanks for all who had advice to give, this site is well needed for those who have wheel horses or those who have information and like to share it.

jnelkie

Put everything back together with new o rings and white spit back up rings and everything works. But than I looked for leaks and found out the white split rings they sent me were not supposed to be used but the black solid rings were to be used. I put the original rings back in on top of the orings and trying now to fix leaks from manifold and new gaskets.

• Thanks 1

pfrederi
2 hours ago, jnelkie said:

Put everything back together with new o rings and white spit back up rings and everything works. But than I looked for leaks and found out the white split rings they sent me were not supposed to be used but the black solid rings were to be used. I put the original rings back in on top of the orings and trying now to fix leaks from manifold and new gaskets.

White split rings are used on the tow valve.  the Manifolds use solid black backer rings.  if you need some i can send you a few...#018BU

• Like 1

jnelkie
21 hours ago, pfrederi said:

White split rings are used on the tow valve.  the Manifolds use solid black backer rings.  if you need some i can send you a few...#018BU

Thanks but LJ is sending me the right ones, its amazing how much you have to retighten after the new gaskets soak up alittle oil.

jnelkie

All done putting proper replacement back up orings on manifold and no more leaks and back to pushing dirt. It seems like the tractor has more power now, not sure if tearing everything apart made a difference or if taking the dozer blade off for repairs a loud it to pop wheels now.

• Thanks 1

jnelkie
Just now, jnelkie said:

All done putting proper replacement back up orings on manifold and no more leaks and back to pushing dirt. It seems like the tractor has more power now, not sure if tearing everything apart made a difference or if taking the dozer blade off for repairs a loud it to pop wheelies now.

• Like 1