ryanmfairbank

‘77 B80 (no power)

ryanmfairbank

I’m lost guys! This is my first project, and this community has been a tremendous help. I initially rebuilt the fuel system and ignition system on this tractor and found that I was also losing oil. I pulled the motor and 95% of the bearing plate gasket was gone! I replaced all the gaskets and got everything back together. I had some issues with oil coming out around the plug and had a helicoil repair done. I also had some trouble with the governor, which I fixed and got it all dialed in. I’ve had to learn quite a bit as I’ve gone along, and the motor is purring like a kitten! 

Now, today, I finally go out to mow our property and I put it in gear and it’s just crawling...do matter what gear, it’s barely moving!

i had a lot of trouble getting the fender and running board back on, and I suspected that maybe the tensioner was getting caught on the fender. I took it off and that’s not the problem...any ideas??

pfrederi

Take a picture of your drive belt and pulleys belt guard off.  Also take a picture of the brake side of the tranny.

953 nut
54 minutes ago, ryanmfairbank said:

I put it in gear and it’s just crawling...do matter what gear, it’s barely moving!

Do you have the High Low shift lever in HIGH?

• Like 1

clueless

:text-yeahthat: My first WH was a 74 B80 4sp used it for 14 years. Second was a 77 B80 8sp, first time I drove it I put it in second gear like always, thing would barely move so I put it in third not much better. Sat there thinking what have I bought, damn thing got trans problems, then it hit me this has a high/low, so I put it in high gear and off I went :auto-layrubber:.

Edited by clueless
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

If it’s not a high/low or belt problem, you might want to confirm that both axles are spinning the same speed as the hubs.  A broken key way could slow a fellow down...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

richmondred01

Oil should not be coming out of your spark plug hole. 

You need to put that on your list of repairs. Possible rebuild of your engine. 

Chris G

i would suggest checking the hubs and make sure there tightened up and that theres no broken keyway

gwest_ca

Drive belt is 5/8" x 82" long?

Garry