bo dawg

Volt meter reading

Skipper

Well if you have a bunch of volt meters (yeah I know, other gauges will do too). Then you gather all the + wires into a bundle, and solder them to a main + wire in ONE point, instead of cutting wires here and there to steal power. Same with the grounds. 

But again, the consumption in this voltmeters case is negligible , so you can pretty much hook it up where ever, without any risk.

When I get home I can do a consumption readout for you, so you know what we are talking about current wise.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

bo dawg

Yea I have 2 others besides the volt meter. A oil temp gauge, and an hr meter. 

I was running to temp gauge first then jump over from there to volt and hr meters. 

bo dawg
On 9/24/2018 at 2:10 PM, Skipper said:

Well if you have a bunch of volt meters (yeah I know, other gauges will do too). Then you gather all the + wires into a bundle, and solder them to a main + wire in ONE point, instead of cutting wires here and there to steal power. Same with the grounds. 

But again, the consumption in this voltmeters case is negligible , so you can pretty much hook it up where ever, without any risk.

When I get home I can do a consumption readout for you, so you know what we are talking about current wise.

Couldnt I put a fuse block in to power each gauge/meter, plus it would have its own fuse safety?

953 nut
2 hours ago, bo dawg said:

Couldnt I put a fuse block in to power each gauge/meter, plus it would have its own fuse safety?

That would be total overkill! Gauges (except Amp Meters) have negligible current draw and can be safely added to a lighting/accessory circuit that is already fuse protected.

• Like 1