kudzu3

raider switch

kudzu3

I can't find a part # for 1970 raider 10 ignition switch. Can someone help, or recommend a place to get one? Thanks.

ebinmaine

Is that the standard 5 post switch?

gwest_ca

Magneto ignition? Click on the picture

Garry

kudzu3

Thanks Garry. If you're asking if it is a magneto, I really don't know what that means :unsure:. I'm assuming that 8362 is the part # I need. Thanks for the help. :)

kudzu3
15 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Is that the standard 5 post switch?

I haven't taken it out yet Eric, I'm assuming that is standard switch, Thanks 

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, kudzu3 said:

I haven't taken it out yet Eric, I'm assuming that is standard switch, Thanks 

Back in the 60s there were tractors that had no solenoid for the starter and the ignition switch only had three posts.

If your tractor has a solenoid, it should have a 5 post ignition switch. To check it to see if you have a Magneto style switch, when you pull it out ... see what the posts are labeled as. Then we could try to help you out a little further. You want to make sure that you do not put a switch for a Magneto tractor in if you don't need one. The electrical system shut off is backwards.

I would absolutely believe what Garry has written. He's very very good. Just make sure that a previous owner has not modified the tractor. They were a lot of people that have done some weird things over the years.

pfrederi

1970 Raider would have had a Tecumseh Engine and a 5 pole magneto ignition switch.  Does you engine have a big decal Solid State Ignition?? Like this one.  If so and it hasn't been modified you need a magneto type switch Terminals will be B M S R A (or L).  You do not want one that has an I terminal (Ignition).  That would fry your solid state ignition module and that my friend is a very expensive problem  if you can fins a good used one about $125-150 or conversion for almost as much

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_3533.JPG

• Excellent 1

gwest_ca
1 hour ago, kudzu3 said:

Thanks Garry. If you're asking if it is a magneto, I really don't know what that means :unsure:. I'm assuming that 8362 is the part # I need. Thanks for the help. :)

Yes the 8362 is for magneto or breakerless ignition.

The reason I asked is to generate conversation in case you did not know. Can be a costly mistake if the wrong one is used. If in doubt ask questions.

Garry

• Excellent 2

kudzu3

Thanks all!  :)

kudzu3

333937704_switch2.png.1bad43fbc439de4f504cfb39915338bf.png

• Like 1