ztnoo

Unused 1996 Toro Wheel Horse 8 Speed

ztnoo

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a "never been used" 8 speed tranny. Not something one stumbles across or over, everyday.

Looks like a real beauty.

NOS, I would assume from the info generally offered, but the listing doesn't state that claim. Those are my words.

It has a price attached that goes with its "never been used" description.  default_rolleyes.gif.e9f4c7262ccfebddf4bb7b4d1ddda139.gif umm.gif.25ffda624e511c281bc7b93efcffb0ec.gif

Not sure that will fly very far or quickly, but if you adhere to the theory one can always come down if you begin the pricing on the high side.....there's likely lots of wiggle room, IMO.  2cents.gif.23d5f6a8afb78fc2da90e202b3cc0828.gif

It can be seen on that famous online auction site.

Search term: "Toro Wheel Horse 8 Speed".

p.s. If you have difficulty finding the listing, PM me and I can provide you the link.

• Like 1

953 nut
58 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

It has a price attached that goes with its "never been used" description.

This is a 1996 Wheel Horse 8 speed Transmission. 94-6671
It has never been used. I put new seals and gasket in it.

Local Pickup Only!
If it has never been used I wonder why he opened it and put in new seals?

ztnoo
19 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

If it has never been used I wonder why he opened it and put in new seals?

A very reasonable question, IMO.

Ebay is always basically about sorting through what someone has and what they claim it is. (The age old caveat emptor red flag).

The physical distance between the seller and the potential buyer is normally great, so the tendency to claim almost anything to hustle it out the door, ASAP, always exists.

The tendency is to offer as little info as possible in hopes of "hooking the Big One".

The interior pics do look good to me, but if it was never used and stored properly, why would there be the need to split the cases for gaskets and new seals???

That would be a reasonable question to pose to the seller, IMO.

umm.gif.25ffda624e511c281bc7b93efcffb0ec.gif

• Like 1

JAinVA

Thanks for the heads up on the listing.I search on there for a lot of my parts needs.It does look nice on the inside but for the price you could buy a boat load of used ones.

CasualObserver

That guys a member here. @WHX20 got a free suburban from him. ;)

• Like 1

WHX??

If this is the same guy Jason mentioned he is a strait shooter and yes he gave me a free choice patina 'burb. I have not seen his ad so I don't know. He worked at the Toro facility in MN for many years so I wouldn't doubt it. 

Update ...just saw it & yup same guy, all I can say is if he thinks he can get that much for it good man.

JA does have a point.... I got a eight speed went thru by Dinosauras with full length keys for 60 clams from Terry M. Figured for that coin wouldn't hurt to have it on the shelf for a spare or a future build.

20150611_160439.jpg

20150701_142841.jpg

20150701_143006.jpg

20150701_143042.jpg

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 1

WHNJ701

I like the radio out of the 79 z28 with the 8 track option for 350 bucks he is selling, wonder how many of them got thrown out of the years?  I was looking online today at cars I can't get over what a 3rd generation z28 is worth now

• Like 1