Sign in to follow this  
Torino

Tiller question

Torino

Could someone show me all the parts I need for a tiller for a 69 WH?

past7971

A lot of variables here.....What model tractor do you have? Vertical, Horizontal or GT-14? Do you have the 1969 tiller for yours and looking for parts break-down? Or are you looking for something that will fit?

Michael Bullington

Need to know if it is a hydro or eight speed :thumbs:

Torino

Sorry for not giving enough info. It is a 69 electro hydo trans. I did not know what kind of trans it had mattered. I do not have a tiller. I want to know what fits and all the parts I need to make it work.

past7971

Your 69 Electro (model 1-7245) originally used the model 7-1211 tiller. I cant locate a break-down to show you but it used a "rear-idler" system and involved moving your R/H floorboard (if used) and added another belt guard to use. The 7-1211 was updated to a model 7-1252 and further updates to the current 07-36TL01 style. The 7-1252 and newer updates did away with rear idler and floorboard/belt guard mods. If you go to https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro Enter either 7-1252 or 07-36TL01 (those were zeroes) as model, click on "view assembly drawings" then "parts list" to see what your looking for.

Teddy da Bear

I know a guy who has just the opposite problem

on another site....lol

He bought a pre-1973 tiller that will not work on his later

model of wheel horse.

But he is in Missouri and your in Virginia.....

If you want to contact him....let me know.

past7971

The pre-73 is an easy (???) fix--look at model 7-1252 (or newer) and notice the idler pulley (96) mounted by tiller input drive pulley. Thats the difference on tiller to use the mid-idler pulley set-up like newer models. Make that bracket (61,62)to hold idler pulley and he's in business.

Michael Bullington

well I might be wrong, but i thought the hydros could run the tiller off the tranmission and the eight speeds had to use the extra belt from the engine.

but dont hold me to it ..

Rollerman

well I might be wrong, but i thought the hydros could run the tiller off the tranmission

Michael the only Horse I'm aware of that did that was the GT14.

It was equipted with a double sheeve pulley at the hydro...the outer pulley sheeve or groove ran the tiller.

All other conventional Horses ran the belt back under the frame from 73 on with the tach a matic mounts.

Prior to that a belt ran along the drive belt guard "under another guard"....the running board was slid out & the belt went around a few idler pullies before makeing it to the tiler.

The 73 "?" on is much easier to work with & should adapt to even the older long frame models...hydro or gear drive.

Torino

Pics of the tiller and pulleys would be great. Can you put the latter tach a matic mounts on a 69 and use a latter tiller. Seems like the older tillers are harder to find.

past7971

The original 7-1211 tiller is not as common to find as the 7-1252 and newer tillers. The newer styles are the best/easiest way to go in my opinion. Yes, you will need to change your mower hitch to the newer style which is an easy bolt-on swap using existing holes. If you have had your mower deck off, the R/H side bracket/pulley on your hitch will be in the way of the mid-idler system the 7-1252 & newer tillers use. You could always use this as a PERFECT excuse to justify buying another Wheel Horse for garden-duty and leaving the Electro set-up for mowing/yard work. I know my next comment may "stir up a hornets nest" but------I've run my tiller behind the hydro and manual hi-low transmission and when the tiller is used, it will tend to want to "push" the tractor at times. It still works fine behind Hydro's but you seem to have to play with speed control more than if you have a manual hi-low transmission and till in low-first gear. Of course, with my "questionable mentality" and reasoning, you"ll "need" ANOTHER tractor for dozer/snow plow duty and then when you find some more attachments...............................

wheel horse 1045

torino yes you can put a tackomatic on yours i did it to my bronco 14 hydro and use 1 belt and it works great.

Torino

Can someone show me what I need to have for the tachomatic? Are there three, front, mid and rear?

wheel horse 1045

did you get what you need yet?

KyBlue

There is the front and the mid. The mid will just bolt right up, but as TT showed us some months ago, a bit of work is required to mount up the front setup..

Lemme see if I can dig up the link for ya real quick. (nope) Maybe TT will be along and can post a link to his build thread..and pictures