mikemc53

Fuel Pump Onan 16hp

mikemc53

OK, a couple of things:

The tractor is 250 miles away and I won't be going down for another couple of weeks but I want to be ready when it's time to work it.

It is a 416H but not sure of the year because the tag is worn away.

Anyway, this 416H was a field project that my son-in-law got running a couple of years ago but never really used it and, frankly, it didn't really run that well. Someone had replaced the original pulse fuel pump with an electric which burned out on me last week when I was down there using it. It was just starting to run pretty good when the pump went. I think that this pump was the wrong one from the get go. Hard to read it but it appeared to be for a 6 cylinder and pumped around 30 gph. The tractor was always hard to start and would blow fuel from the carburetor while starting. Once it was running it seemed OK. 

Anyway, I am planning on replacing with another electric but is there any way to know just what volume the pump should flow? Like I said, I think the last one was a bit much.

Thoughts?

Jerry77

The pump should not exceed 3 psi....plenty available on ebay or parts store...mine is 2.5 psi max...works perfect.. be sure it is mounted at least as low as the bottom of the fuel tank..they don't pull good, they push much better...since it has been sitting so long, I would replace the fuel lines and filter and add some sea foam to the fuel when you get ready to start it...:twocents-02cents: