Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

603 owners need info

Kelly

I'm gathering all the parts to put my 603 together, I just picked up a H60 from Jim, Thanks Jim, the basic tractor is very nice, but is missing a few parts, because this tractor is unique and has alot of it's own parts, I think I need to modify some to look right, first is the hood, the IPL shows part no. 6269 and if you look at the drawing in the IPL it looks to be slotted were the steering shaft goes through it, I looked at the pic's in the gallery and Jasons has the slotted hood, I bought a used hood that is slotted also, but I don't think I'm going to use it, it has a fair amount of rust at the seam, I looked up the part no. for the 604, 654, 704 and the lawn rangers they are 4975 and the IPL shows a hole for the steering shaft, I would like to know if that slot is correct?? I have a NOS 4975 hood I'm going to use, but not sure if I want to cut it, if correct I will cut it, ( I'm a bodyman so I will do a nice job) also the foot rest are not what the IPL shows, but Bell has a 603 with the same ones??? I'm guessing that two diff tractors with them, they would be correct. and last for now, the recoil the IPL pic. shows a stamped steel one, but it is shaped funny, the pic in the first WH book shows the same recoil, but other tractors I've seen have the cast alum. one, any input on that would be great, anyone have a orig. 603? or pic's of one?

Dual Wheels

I'm going to pick up a purchase Sat and the guy has a 603...I'll try to remember to take my camera and get some pics for you :thumbs: ...

Kelly

Thanks Mike, that is a sharp tractor, wish it was of the other side, and maybe from the rear.

bell

That is a very nice looking tractor.... :whistle:

One of these days, I'll get my 603 in the garage for a resto.... After I fix my roof, build my Samurai, finish my 1045, etc.... etc.... :thumbs:

sorekiwi

Here's a link to a short video of a 603:

HorseFixer

Good Video too dang short! :thumbs:

kpinnc

I just picked up a H60 from Jim

If that H60 is blue, it's been on a LONG trip...

Kevin

Kelly

Nope Kevin, the blue one is going where this one came from.

Teddy da Bear

Thanks Mike, that is a sharp tractor, wish it was of the other side, and maybe from the rear.
I wrote to this fellow and asked if he could

provide more pictures of the areas you need to see.

CasualObserver

Roy is a very nice guy, I've gotten pics from him before. I'm sure he'd be happy to send you a pic from the other side.... his email is at the bottom of his webpage. R&B Stables

DMESS

Kelly, the one we have is NOT cut out. I think this was a common owner mod to make hood removal easier. WH got a little smarter in '64 and spec'd a small pin/clip that was easily removed so the steering wheel could be taken off. Funny thing is I think these were quickly lost and replaced with bolts, roll pins etc. as I've never seen one with the original setup as shown in the IPL.

Teddy da Bear

Kelly....if you send me your home email address...

I can send you all these photos that Roy sent me.