Sparky

Front End Friday

SylvanLakeWH
10 hours ago, Bill D said:

Curious what the problem is? I have a Subaru Outback and I was hoping to tow with it.  It's supposed to be rated to tow up to 3,500 pounds.

4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Note the bold type above. 

With a proper setup I'd personally have no issue using your Subaru to tow the rated loads. 

One of the biggest issues is that here in America we've been taught from decades past that we need a heavy tow vehicle. This is simply incorrect. 

It's all about proper setup and safety. 

:text-yeahthat:

I tow with my Forester... No issues with 5x8 trailer hauling my E-141 or C-105...

IMG_2848.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
53 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

How does the Kia Soul tow??  I have one and it came with a factory Curt Hitch...can it move a 5x8? with a 418 on it ?   Also is it an Automatic ?

Thanks,,,,,  John

For a list of liability reasons a mile long I can't directly answer the questions above. But....

Lemme put it this way. The trailer in the picture above is a 5x8 HD with a 3500 lb gross rating. Not your average little box store stamped steel piece.

The tractor in the picture is a late '70s C121 Automatic with a 36 inch deck underneath it.

I've moved heavier loads several times...

It's important to remember that it's all about preference and PROPER SETUP. I know people that don't like fifth wheel trailers and I know people that don't like tag along trailers. Personal preference.

Tractorhead

I be free bcause in Europe and not bound under US Laws.

I towed with my Astra 1.2 L ( 65HP)  a 3,5 Ton Cartrailer with hydraulic flip platform (1,2 Ton own weight)

and a complete Carlift on it.

( Stenhoj Mascott) i dunno exactly its own Gros weight and several addon Parts.

carefully estimated all steel parts Motors and parts i had as Load be at least 800Kg up to 1 Ton maybe lill bit more.😎

The while Load was at least 1,8 To at a hill with 12% upwards.

3 things as i find be allway’s important when towing:

1. well balanced Trailer with the load. Load must be also good saved against any moving with straps or tiedowners.

2. Good conditioned tyres and Breaks.

3. good balanced tyrepressure to get maximum traction.

Shure the little Engine was on this towing absolutely over it‘s limit but it worked for one Way.

on big engines with lots of torque i would not have any fear, but downsized Turbo engines tent to overheat on long step hills

so the rating of towing i a good value of orientation.

Engines with much torque and without Turbos be imho better suited for heavy trailer towing.

Monstrosity

20240419_181307.jpg.89e17662c3c59866fb1de405bcd31192.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Sparky

Being careful to not “chop” these off with the 42”RD…someone would be vey mad, might not get dinner tonight :lol:

IMG_2834.jpeg

IMG_2835.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

87 416-8 horse

I didn’t climb Mount Everest but I did climb the mulch pile.

IMG_2324.jpeg

• Excellent 5
  • Haha 3

Keaton

front of my original 3 tractors. I did not have my lawn ranger in thic photo but the lawn ranger just needs the engine and the drive belt 

IMG_2850.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

johnnymag3

Here is looking at you.   Original halogen lights on all my 400 series tractors.

IMG_4971.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

kpinnc
1 hour ago, Keaton said:

front of my original 3 tractors.

Do you have to set that green one on a shelf to keep the others from kicking the crap out of it at night? :lol:

Just kidding of course. Absolutely nothing wrong with variety in a collection, and your's is a nice one! :thumbs:

• Haha 4

Keaton
7 hours ago, kpinnc said:

Do you have to set that green one on a shelf to keep the others from kicking the crap out of it at night? :lol:

Just kidding of course. Absolutely nothing wrong with variety in a collection, and your's is a nice one! :thumbs:

no I keep it away from the 701 now, if it runs it runs of but if it don't it is just a pile of metal and green paint. I took that pic a while ago but my area is a mess now because I am finishing my lawn ranger

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Bronco 14 Automatic in the foreground. 

74 C160 Automatic in the shadows. 

933256803_20240427_1633273.jpg.1295fbfb138c5db2b3337faaeb214e3e.jpg

Trina's go-to favorite worker. 

867 named "Pigpen"

353758099_20240427_1633052.jpg.66a932a1c1833e2fb372264c81c7706c.jpg

My 75 C160 Automatic with 60" plow. 

1865603697_20240427_1632422.jpg.bb5c4e64c7a77ebd7b056a05b7af3927.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

D_Mac

Giving you the side eye. Grill and heat shield have grown on me. At first wasn't sure I liked them. They will stay.

20240427_104237.jpg

• Excellent 2