Jake0030

Never to early to prepare for winter

peter lena

got the same model, use it on my 312-8, lubrication is vital on the gear and chain drive, I use LUBRIPLATE  , CHAIN AND CABLE FLUID, before and after every use, also on the bottom of chute base and cable on rotator. also on the double pulley tension frame at mounting points . that allows it to easily follow spring tension. it spins up with no effort , with regular lubrication, also use the snow chute lube, helps throw ,minimize build up. I use  a Kevlar belt  , very solid no wear or problems, D&D BELTS , eBay. using a heavy lift spring from tractor supply, really helps on lift . auger looks good , keep after it , keep those moving parts wet with oil . good pick up , Pete

• Like 2

953 nut

:woohoo:                    Smart money buys snow blowers in the spring and mowers in the winter.        :text-coolphotos:

• Like 8

Jake0030

Thanks for the helpful advice Peter!!!

When you're on a budget nut, there is no other option.

Quick question for anyone who wants to chime in- Your opinions on a taller chute? Pros, cons or indifferent?

Edited by Jake0030

peter lena

answer , what is your snow like? if its dry and fluffy, tall chute is the way to go, if its wet snow , stay with the short chute. I also have a mid length chute, that I picked up , home made, that works quite  well, about  " 6  longer. whenever you use it , pay attention to what works / doesn't work. that will get you  spot on .Pete 

• Like 2

Jake0030

Thanks Pete. I have wet snow and lots of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jake0030

Hi everyone, long time no messaging. Well, think I have mowed the grass for the last time and about to change the oil and hook up the snow thrower. Pete, I managed to find a local distributor who carries the chain and cable fluid you recommended. Just curious, and anyone can chime in on this. I want to get a new belt for the thrower. Does anyone know if the 06-42S-T04 takes the 5/8 69" belt or the 5/8 77" belt when being hooked up to a 312-8? Thanks in advance

Jake0030

Thanks Pete!!!

Jake0030

Is it ok to be afraid of this thing? I feel like I have the Terrafirmanator from Gnomeo and Juliet when it comes to throwing snow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc2iCjnTnN4&ytbChannel=null. This thrower seems unnecessarily powerful !!! Photo taken before putting on chains. Too sore to put the wheel weights on today; will put them on tomorrow. Thanks again for the help Pete!:thanks:

IMG_0853.jpg

• Like 2

Herder

Keep the pets and small children a way from it.  I love the way they work, I've used mine for years.  They really throw snow.  I run mine on a c160 with a hydraulic lift, it makes better height control.  Best of luck. 

• Like 1

gwest_ca
On 11/1/2018 at 7:42 AM, Jake0030 said:

Does anyone know if the 06-42S-T04 takes the 5/8 69" belt or the 5/8 77" belt when being hooked up to a 312-8? Thanks in advance

5/8" x 69"

Make sure you get a belt designed to bend backwards over the flat idler. The Gates green belts from Napa are designed for that and there are others.

Click on the picture

Garry

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
14 hours ago, Jake0030 said:

Is it ok to be afraid of this thing? I feel like I have the Terrafirmanator from Gnomeo and Juliet when it comes to throwing snow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc2iCjnTnN4&ytbChannel=null. This thrower seems unnecessarily powerful !!! Photo taken before putting on chains. Too sore to put the wheel weights on today; will put them on tomorrow. Thanks again for the help Pete!:thanks:

IMG_0853.jpg

How about this Terafirmanator in the videos below, BTW those single stage throwers work just fine, Jeff.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RUlEVGcTglFrPs5Okb0oy62fq0oQQ5fJ/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1