Sign in to follow this  
gattonde

C195 FENDER PAN

gattonde

Hi All,

Looking for a seat pan for a C-195. Mine is was missing when I purchased it. Looking at a 520 Seat Pan. Will it fit without too much modification? If not does anyone know what would fit the best?

Thanks for any Help.

Dan, in Southern New Jersey.

Duff

Dan, and others, I got a fender pan with a 312 parts tractor that actually came off a C-series I think from what I can make out by comparing it to IPL's. :whistle:

If anyone can take a couple of good pictures of a C-195 fender pan so I can see what's under the seat (arrangement of cutouts), and if what I've got looks like a match, Dan you can have it for the cost of shipping if you want it.

Duff :thumbs:

Teddy da Bear

I too have been looking for a replacement for mine that is broken.

I was wondering if anyone has tried using the old seat pan as a

pattern and lay fiberglass in it? Thus making a replacement from

fiberglass...

C-Series14

As another owner of a C-195 which is being torn down at the moment, I can say I have never heard of anyone using a different fender off of another tractor other than the C-195 style. Tomorrow though I will go out and see if a different one will fit. You would have to worry about the gas tank filler tube and the height that the C-195 fender support sits to clear the 15" meats. Been workin' most of the evening putting Go Rhino nerf bars on the diesel so I need a Kold Dew and a shower or I would go out now! :thumbs:

baerpath

Fenders from a C85 through C175 plastic ones :thumbs: Have to cut out for the hydro lift handles.

Duane

Nick

I hear of a redneck who put a metal fender on a worker C195. It takes some parts swapping but with more effort it might be done and kept more original. :thumbs::whistle:

c195fender.jpg

fender1.jpg

Teddy da Bear

Please "splain" to us which metal seat pan you used and what

modifications you needed to do in order for it work....please.....

:thumbs:

refracman

Baerpath is correct on the the other plastic fender pans working allthough on the 82 195 the fender does not extend enough to cover the hyd. controls cover the tunnel, but will work well on the 84.

Looks like Nick replaced his with a 1980 and newer fender pan and gas tank, and maybe made some blocking to raise it up enough to clear the hyd. controls?

wikket

Great, I will keep an eye on this topic.

In the future I will try to replace the rear fender also.

Currently the C-85 fender is in the process of getting reinforcement with fiber-glass. It had multiple cracks spots, So I duck tape it into position and flip it over and fill it with resin and fiber-glass. Should get some result today.

Nick

Mike, Mounting the steel fender as shown probably isnt what you are looking for. That was a dedicated loader/work tractor so it was never going to have a 3pt or any other rear attachments beyond those needing a drawbar hitch.

Teddy da Bear

Nick....my 3pt. was swiped off by the p.o.

gattonde

Mike,

How far tore down is your C195? Can you take picture and post so Duff can see if his pan will fit. If not I can remove my seat and post a picture. Just trying to get away with not removing seat.

Not looking to install a plastic pan, steel is better.

Thanks,

Dan

C-Series14

Heading out now....

Duff

Not looking to install a plastic pan, steel is better.

My pan is steel, so i hope it's something of use..... :whistle:

Looking forward to pix.

Duff :thumbs:

C-Series14

Well, the pic is not great but the barn is rather full! The gas tank will be the big trouble due to it sticks up in the back. It would normally fit up inside the rear raised part of the plastic type fenders.

IMG_0333.jpg

• Like 1

Teddy da Bear

If you were refering to me.....my C-195 isd not tore down.

I was just out with it smashing moles hills with the front blade.

But I think with the proper release agent used... The broken seat

pan could be used as a mold for a new fiberglass seat pan.

I just have never fiberglassed before..... I just know the basics.

C-Series14

If you were refering to me.....my C-195 isd not tore down.

I was just out with it smashing moles hills with the front blade.

But I think with the proper release agent used... The broken seat

pan could be used as a mold for a new fiberglass seat pan.

I just have never fiberglassed before..... I just know the basics.

It was me...

Teddy da Bear

Sorry....just saw you were a "Mike" too.

Can't have too many of those now can we??? :thumbs:

Mike (in ohio)...what brand of rear ag tires are those

in your picture? I need some replacements....

C-Series14

Hold on...let me run out and check... :thumbs: (theme from Jeopardy!)

Titan Trac Loader

27x10.50-15

WHC-125

About how much do those tires cost each

C-Series14

Go them several years ago, they were a little over $100, they list now for $159! Miller Tire

gattonde

Duff,

Did you check out Mike's pict? Do you think it will work. I actually also have a C-160 that I could pull the seat pan off of to see how it would fit, but right now it's too cold outside,and I don't have a heated shop. It's suppose to warm up a bit this weekend, so I can take a closer look. What do you think shipment would be South Jersey, zip 08322.

Thanks for all the help I'm getting.

Dan

Duff

Dan, after looking at the pictures I'm sorry to say I don't think so. The raised part of the gas tank in the rear is going to create some real issues. That said, though, when it warms up this weekend I'll snap a couple of pics (my shop is heated by wood and I only fire it up on the weekend) and will post them for you and the fellows to look at.

I may be blowing smoke thinking the pan came from a C-series. I only know it's cut out way different than my 312's. It wasn't bolted onto the parts tractor (also a 312); it came loose as a "spare part". From the IPL's I thought it might be a C-series, but now I'm not sure. :thumbs:

If there's a way to make it work, though, after you've looked at the pictures then you're sure welcome to try! Shipping to NJ from here shouldn't be too bad. I got a fender pan from out west and a bunch of other parts in a big box for less than $20 via UPS Ground.

Duff :whistle:

gattonde

Thanks Duff,

I'm really in no big hurry. It's just cosmetic's. Tractor works fine without fender, and I don't go mudding. When it warm's up I might just remove the fender from the C-160 to see how well it fit's anyway. This will give me some idea what I am up against.

Dan

Coadster32

what brand of rear ag tires are those

Really sweet looking. :thumbs: