Sign in to follow this  
carlosking450

Starter turns without force

carlosking450

Hello everyone, greetings from Spain after I restored my 702 and put it into operation I realized that the starter motor rotates without force, even sometimes I must help you with your hand because in some places it remains stuck, the battery is new and the motor turns freely, do you know what the problem may be? thanks

pfrederi

Is the belt slipping on either engine or starter/Generator pulley?  Does it charge the battery when it is running?  (Do you have about 14 volts DC when running?)  if the belt isn't slipping and the Generator charges when running could be a field coil in the starter/generator is failing or failed.

I would take it to an automotive starter/generator repair place .. They can test it and probably get parts to fix it.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 3

carlosking450

The belt does not slip, and the load does not check it because I do not know where to measure the current

pfrederi

Put your volt meter (multimeter) on the + and - battery terminals.  Should get 12.6 volts engine off.  With engine running about 14 volts

Coloque su voltímetro (multímetro) en los terminales + y - de la batería. Debería desconectar el motor de 12.6 voltios. Con el motor funcionando a unos 14 voltios

Edited by pfrederi

carlosking450

The belt does not slip, and the load does not check it because I do not know where to measure the current

pfrederi
3 minutes ago, carlosking450 said:

Measure voltage at the battery engine off and then again running.