ClassicTractorProfessor

The Little Commando V8 found it's way back home

ClassicTractorProfessor

Some of you may remember this little tractor, I traded it to my old neighbor last year after the ice storm for a couple chainsaws. Anyway he is selling his house and didn't have a need for it anymore, so he called me up the other night wanting to know if I'd be interested in buying the tractor back from him. Went and picked it up last night, glad to have her back home. Going to mount my 25 gallon sprayer on the back and put her to work. On a side note I'm figuring out I should've bought a bigger shop, this one is filling up fast

IMG_20180408_140016.jpg

IMG_20180408_125939.jpg

IMG_20180408_140004.jpg

• Like 9

pfrederi

Size Matters!!!!:P  My shop is 30x84.  Also store horses in a barn and a shed...

• Like 4

ClassicTractorProfessor

I've come to the conclusion that no matter how big a building is, it's never big enough. This one is 12x32, when I looked at it I thought it would be plenty big, and thought the same when they delivered it. I'm now finding out I was wrong. After I get the C141 put back together, as well as the 701 that's in pieces in my storage shed, I'm going to be short on space. Thinking I may build a lean to off the back side where I can park my working tractors to keep them under cover while still freeing up work space in the shop

• Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice, glad you got an old friend back. The shop is looking mighty fine to.

Glenb

• Like 1

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

I've come to the conclusion that no matter how big a building is, it's never big enough......

......be short on space. Thinking I may build a lean to off the back side where I can park my working tractors to keep them under cover while still freeing up work space in the shop

Seems that is always the way.

I can't remember how your yard is set up but.... if you start a lean-to on a long side you can just keep adding to it as need and funds become available. 

Keep the low side about 6'6" off the ground and 8 feet or more deep and you'd have nice expansion for the future. 

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

If I build it on the long side it would have to go on the east side with the window and walk in door...the west side is sitting about a foot off the line between me and the railroads property...have actually been thinking about building a covered space over part of that side anyway, so that may be my best option

• Like 2

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

If I build it on the long side it would have to go on the east side with the window and walk in door...the west side is sitting about a foot off the line between me and the railroads property...have actually been thinking about building a covered space over part of that side anyway, so that may be my best option

You could throw a couple windows on the side to stay "roofless"?

Maybe from a box store or used from CL or whatever?

Then if you put a roof over the current window it would still get some natural light in.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Bryce. Well the beauty of living in OK. Is you have a lots of room to build. Enjoy.

• Like 1