Al C.

Generation Gap

EricF
On 3/30/2018 at 7:18 PM, mikeeyre74 said:

The bumper on that orange thing! If you need a push bar that big, perhaps you shouldn’t be driving after all? 

Well, I doubt  you'd be pushing anything with it since it's bolted to a stamped sheetmetal "frame"... mostly it's there to protect the plastic front end. (So, you can buy an extra-cost piece of metal to protect the plastic it was originally designed with... :think: )

Other thoughts... This was the first winter I had the 520H with the snow thrower; I've been using a walk-behind like everybody else in town. Somewhat surprisingly, one of the neighbors a few houses down turned up with a tractor-mounted snow thrower, too. (He'd probably had it with last year's deep snows, too. Turns out he got one of the bigger orange Husqvarnas and the matching snow thrower for it. I only saw it out for a couple of snows... For the wet, heavy ones, seems like he paid for a plow truck to come out. I was out with the Wheel Horse and the two-stage every time, carving back the pile the city plow made to make a 6-7 foot wide strip across the entire front of my yard so the kids had places to park their cars... and the next-door neighbors kids, too. Wet slushy stuff is still no match for a 20HP Onan running wide open... :thumbs:

Putting the cars on what's basically the edge of the front lawn messes it up a little, but once the snow thrower comes off, the blade goes on and I'll scrape and level it. (No grass ever grows there anyway because the road salt kills it.) So, summer and winter, the edge of the road in front of my house is neatly groomed thanks to the Wheel Horse and attachments -- there's just no substitute for equipment like it.

• Excellent 2

Red144runner
10 hours ago, EricF said:

Well, I doubt  you'd be pushing anything with it since it's bolted to a stamped sheetmetal "frame"... mostly it's there to protect the plastic front end. (So, you can buy an extra-cost piece of metal to protect the plastic it was originally designed with... :think: )

Other thoughts... This was the first winter I had the 520H with the snow thrower; I've been using a walk-behind like everybody else in town. Somewhat surprisingly, one of the neighbors a few houses down turned up with a tractor-mounted snow thrower, too. (He'd probably had it with last year's deep snows, too. Turns out he got one of the bigger orange Husqvarnas and the matching snow thrower for it. I only saw it out for a couple of snows... For the wet, heavy ones, seems like he paid for a plow truck to come out. I was out with the Wheel Horse and the two-stage every time, carving back the pile the city plow made to make a 6-7 foot wide strip across the entire front of my yard so the kids had places to park their cars... and the next-door neighbors kids, too. Wet slushy stuff is still no match for a 20HP Onan running wide open... :thumbs:

Putting the cars on what's basically the edge of the front lawn messes it up a little, but once the snow thrower comes off, the blade goes on and I'll scrape and level it. (No grass ever grows there anyway because the road salt kills it.) So, summer and winter, the edge of the road in front of my house is neatly groomed thanks to the Wheel Horse and attachments -- there's just no substitute for equipment like it.

Get yourself a bag of gypsum. It counteracts the calcium chloride the towns spread and gets on the grass. Spread it like you would a fertilizer

• Thanks 1