Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

the tool crib, that is a sweet looking ride that you have there, thank you for keeping it looking like new!  once you get it clean ,its much easier to maintain it that way, so many of the horses i see are just starving with neglect , never mind a shine!  i,m sure it runs like it looks , good job on that , Pete

Yea Pete it does run as good as it looks!

i keep it fine tuned and is garage or kept in The Tool Crib 🗜 at nite

• Like 1

MarkS
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:21 AM, pullstart said:

Hey @MarkS what size are those, and the width of the wheels by chance?  They look good!

They are 21x11x8. The stock tire is 18x9.5x8 I believe. They turned out pretty good, and I like the added width on the stock rim. The next step is to figure out how to mount fenders off a 753 on it.

• Like 1

TonyToro
On 3/24/2019 at 8:14 PM, peter lena said:

tonytoro , having my own plans / idea to lengthen my clutch pedal throw, and increase leg room, i was hoping to see what you had in mind, pete

Pete, I am adding to the pedal for my 7 year old to reach the pedals. The first one we did was made quickly out of wood. I am trying to make a more professional looking extension. 

TonyToro
On 3/24/2019 at 8:14 PM, peter lena said:

tonytoro , having my own plans / idea to lengthen my clutch pedal throw, and increase leg room, i was hoping to see what you had in mind, pete

Pete, I am adding to the pedal for my 7 year old to reach the pedals. The first one we did was made quickly out of wood. I am trying to make a more professional looking extension. 

peter lena

tonytoro , i was not even thinking about your son trying to use the pedal, my goof. probably a combo of a SEAT BOLSTER  to get him closer ,along with a pedal block extension for leg fit. i just got the rod extension i need to INCREASE MY CLUTCH PEDAL AREA . just thinking about that , the newer clutch pedals , sweep foward  giving you added inches of reach that could help your son.. just the opposet of what i am doing . pete

• Thanks 1

TonyToro
9 hours ago, peter lena said:

tonytoro , i was not even thinking about your son trying to use the pedal, my goof. probably a combo of a SEAT BOLSTER  to get him closer ,along with a pedal block extension for leg fit. i just got the rod extension i need to INCREASE MY CLUTCH PEDAL AREA . just thinking about that , the newer clutch pedals , sweep foward  giving you added inches of reach that could help your son.. just the opposet of what i am doing . pete

Lol

I figured you were thinking longer for more comfort. He has little legs. Lol

Here is what we came up with. We have some rounding to do so no sharp edges and add diamond plate but it works.

B6938617-7A9C-4E91-AD21-85C0CC34065F.jpeg

• Like 3

Pullstart
20 hours ago, TonyToro said:

Check this build for my 8 year old, the pedal is all from Wheelhorse parts.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Cetan08

Been having a tuff time starting my K-341. Starter kicks out before the engine gets running. Bendix is shot. Starter motor works good so wonder if I can just replace the Bendix or fix it.

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Cetan08 said:

Been having a tuff time starting my K-341. Starter kicks out before the engine gets running. Bendix is shot. Starter motor works good so wonder if I can just replace the Bendix or fix it.

Pop it off the engine and take the gear off.

You'll want an impact wrench handy to buzz that nut off the end of the shaft.

There is a spring behind that gear so be very careful about flying parts.

very carefully clean all of the things that you remove and also the shaft itself. That spring may be broken or weak.

If the spring appears okay, get some dry graphite Lube in there. Do not use any liquid Lube of any kind as it will hold us very quickly.

Put it all back together and see what happens.

If symptoms persist, get a replacement spring.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
11 hours ago, Cetan08 said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323722168005...they aren't to awful expensive unless it says Kohler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

In the last family ride, I broke a tooth off the steering pinion gear on Putt Putt.  I’ll have to dig in the spare parts pile for another...

TonyToro
On 3/26/2019 at 6:23 PM, pullstart said:

Check this build for my 8 year old, the pedal is all from Wheelhorse parts.

Great idea! I just wasn’t thinking out of the box. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Tied into a pair of jugs today...starter generator jugs that is! These are actually enjoyable to rebuild once one gets past the grime. Getting the field coil screws out is the worse. Figured gonna get dirty might as well do one for the shelf. Got two more to do tho. This is what I get for having a dozen tractors with these on them!p

20190327_172202.jpg

Edited by WHX22
Pic
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 3

oliver2-44

@WHX22 Tak us along on your starter/gen rebuild. I have one for my 953 project to rebuild. Thanks

• Like 1

WHX??

Ya know Oliie I just thought of that this morning, I should do an instructional. May throw one back together and have the missus take disassembly pictures. Your hands get pretty grimy and phone cams and parts washers do not mix!

Here's a primer

He's got a lot of good videos for newbies and veterans alike. He does cheat abit in the fact I usually remove the field coils and blast and clean the parts better. He also doesn't do any armature work which I always do. This just involves undercutting the mica and polish the poles up. Not very hard and adds a whopping half hour to the job. He is also either smart or a sally to get his hands dirty... he wears gloves! :ychain:

Edited by WHX22
speeling & gramma
  • Excellent 5

squonk
19 hours ago, WHX22 said:

Tied into a pair of jugs today...starter generator jugs that is! These are actually enjoyable to rebuild once one gets past the grime. Getting the field coil screws out is the worse. Figured gonna get dirty might as well do one for the shelf. Got two more to do tho. This is what I get for having a dozen tractors with these on them!p

20190327_172202.jpg

Hand impact driver with the slotted head. With your track record better get some gloves on or a box of band-aids near by. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, squonk said:

Hand impact driver with the slotted head. With your track record better get some gloves on or a box of band-aids near by. 

Uuhhh......... Yeah. About that.

Sometimes I work on stuff around the house. Sometimes she just looks at me and shakes her head and goes to get the Band-Aid box.

• Haha 1

squonk

I can hear her now! "We're gonna need another Eric"! :lol:

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, squonk said:

I can hear her now! "We're gonna need another Eric"! :lol:

Good stuff right there

Not the mama!!

• Like 1

pfrederi

Summerizing the snow horse. 

Finished up the hydro work.  Works great no drips...yet.  Held the blade up for over an hour. 

Added weight.  Now carries 250 lbs.  Didn't want too much on the rear hitch so i got one of Lowells...very nice!!!  Somewhere I have another 60 lb tractor front wheel weight which I may add to the rear hitch. 

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

squonk

Thats some PSI on the ground there Paul! :banana-wrench:

MIGHTYMO

Airated the front lawn

WHX??

You sure Mo? We ain't seein any :text-coolphotos: ???

MIGHTYMO

54522.jpeg

54525.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

WHX??

Much better .... anyone notice his grin in the 2nd pic?!?!

• Like 3