Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

rjg854

Tractor not worth saving. :confusion-confused:

@WHX??  Jim

• Like 1

squonk

Hone marks looks like someone has been in there and didn't slow the hone down to get a cross hatch

• Like 3

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

You might have helped a bit too, Eric. :teasing-neener::laughing-rolling:

Couple things maybe.... 

WHX??
2 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Tractor not worth saving. :confusion-confused:

@WHX??  Jim

It had crossed my mind Randy. Thankfully those thoughts passed quickly. Just a few too many PO cobblements for my flavor. It prolly could have been done tho but she's woulda been a project fer sure. No idea what condition the hydro was in either. Was a tractor that was given to Dan and I by a tractor buddy. 

F plate was reworked but done tastefully. Lower hood stand the same in the usual spot. 

20230219_093609.jpg

• Like 2

WHX??
9 minutes ago, squonk said:

Hone marks looks like someone has been in there and didn't slow the hone down to get a cross hatch

Kinda what Dan said. 

• Like 1

kpinnc
6 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

DROVE IT !!!

Those front tires look great! 

You guys really made this resto come together, and it looks and sounds great! Well done! :bow-blue:

• Thanks 1

TonyToro
13 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

What have I done to my Wheelhorse today?

DROVE IT !!!

Very Very nice machine! Is that motion lever one that’s made by a member on the club? Or did you make the motion lever?

That would really help @TonyToro Jr. driving his C-145.

13 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
44 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

Very Very nice machine! Is that motion lever one that’s made by a member on the club? Or did you make the motion lever?

That would really help @TonyToro Jr. driving his C-145.

Thank you sir!

That shift lever knob extension deal is something Trina made up for me.

It's a seasoned piece of striped maple.

When we're camping she absolutely loves to sit by the fire of an evening and whittle on a stick that later turns out to be a walking stick.

We have 15 or 20 of them around the house.

I told her what I was looking to do as far as angle and length. She selected one of her walking sticks and cut the piece out. Drilled the bottom at the angle I wanted. Sanded it all down and put several coats of poly on it.

It's held on by a dab of JB Weld epoxy.

You and Junior tell me what you want and I bet I can get her to make one up for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

TonyToro
12 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Thank you sir!

That shift lever knob extension deal is something Trina made up for me.

It's a seasoned piece of striped maple.

When we're camping she absolutely loves to sit by the fire of an evening and whittle on a stick that later turns out to be a walking stick.

We have 15 or 20 of them around the house.

I told her what I was looking to do as far as angle and length. She selected one of her walking sticks and cut the piece out. Drilled the bottom at the angle I wanted. Sanded it all down and put several coats of poly on it.

It's held on by a dab of JB Weld epoxy.

You and Junior tell me what you want and I bet I can get her to make one up for you.

Thank you for the offer. I’ll check with my lead operator! 

kpinnc
9 hours ago, tmix61 said:

It all started 6 weeks ago.

Congrats on having the fortitude to keep that big D in service! Most would have given up and that machine would have been scrapped. Your repair looks solid!

Nice fab on the hitch too. Looks bulletproof! :thumbs: Well done!

• Like 4

Wheelhorse#1

The D200 is one machine I’m hopeful to find in my budget range.

So far no luck.Guess I’m just too cheap! Nice job on the repair.

• Thanks 1

19richie66

@tmix61 I do have a good case if you need it. :handgestures-thumbupright:  Tractor looks great and that hitch looks very stout. Nice job. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHGuy413

Haven’t been out in the garage much the last few weeks. Picked the kids up and got home. @WheelHorse_Kid wanted to work on the B-80 4 speed that someone did a trans swap on to an 8 speed. We are debating about using this as the tractor that has our loader on it. Overall it’s in good shape. While he took the snow plow, home made weight bracket and plow bracket off I worked on my friends c-105. I really hate this tractor. Give me anything from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. I evicted the mouse nest around the whole fly wheel a few weeks ago put the engine shroud back on and tried cranking it over and it is super sluggish even with the plug out. Guess I need to figure that issue out. Not sure if it could be the starter. It’s sat outside for years so could be about anything. I have Thursday and Friday off this week. I will probably try to get some time in there to work on it. Really want it gone. It’s taking up critical space lol.

9AB5B6E8-9087-44EA-AFBC-64B5AA8EBC9F.jpeg

• Like 6

mrc

hi tmix61,

great welding on the case.  the hitch looks well fabricated too.  super workmanship! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

kpinnc
On 2/21/2023 at 3:48 PM, Rob J. said:

Found me a set of fronts, feel like I won the lottery. Gitty up!

I have fronts.

...I want a set of rears! :blink:

Shockingly, they were still available from Toro a few years ago. Not sure about now, but I couldn't afford a set. Still kicking myself.... :wacko:

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 2

TractorEd

I installed a new oil drain with a tool-less plug on the C-100 and changed the oil after the 1st 5hrs upon rebuild.

0A41DB04-E928-4D6A-8772-7B0010D59F9C.jpeg.f78ef239bf55a2cd49f0667a607c185a.jpeg

714E6A42-FDE4-4C70-B831-80956F16BC2B.jpeg.b418aa4c17f4d4aaa0da7efe7bafe566.jpeg

Edited by TractorEd
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

bolt depot.  Pennies on the dollar compared to my local hardware store. Thanks to EB for that website

Glad to help. 

They've been great to deal with as well as fantastic pricing.  

Their grade 8 is nearly the same price as grade 5. 

I keep a decent selection of grade 8 bolts from 1/4-20 x 1/2 to 3/8-16 x 2. 

What little they charge for freight is more than compensated in the hardware savings.   

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

GAJoe

My c-160 input belt idler pully is in good shape but the bearing is dry; smooth but dry. As you can see I tried drilling out the spot welds but the halves are fused I guess by induction welding as another has stated. I took a large syringe from the local  farm supply and took the sharp tip off of the needle. I found that the seal on the side of the bearing is just thin rubber. I really did a number on that seal with the 1/16" dia needle. It's about half gone. I should have left the sharp point on the needle to make a small hole in the seal. Any way I was able to fill the bearing with Lucas Red that I has loaded. I'm thinking that it'll probably stay fairly clean and not loose the grease very fast considering that it's behind the sheet metal. It beats buying a new one and will probably last as long as I need it to. It spins smoothly now without the dry bearing noise.

.20230218_122230.jpg.2e7c053706295e212c7f9c71a1759c33.jpg20230218_122255.jpg.1ea6e316181037bea366560d12dee343.jpg

Edited by GAJoe
corrected spelling.
  • Like 8
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, kpinnc said:

Best I could do

Excellent 👍👍

• Thanks 1