Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Rob J.
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

Could you use the existing hole in the top @Rob J. and just pin your small changer in place?

Not sure if it will be strong enough.?.?.

• Like 1

Rob J.
Just now, Rob J. said:

Not sure if it will be strong enough.?.?.

I mean I’d leave the extension bolted to the little changer and just have 4 bolts to mount the little one on top of the big one.

The Freightliner Guy

Today I got a harbor frieght roll pin set that @wallfish told me to get for my rjs steering 

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

The Freightliner Guy

image.jpg

• Like 2

Pullstart

Awesome @The Freightliner Guy!  I know @Achto and @WHX?? scored one of those at the Big Show one time.  I should make a list for Harbor Freight 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

The Freightliner Guy

My dad was thinking of buying a harbor freight engine for my rj but I didn’t like any of them 

• Sad 1

Horse Newbie
10 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

image.jpg

Does it have a 5/32nd x like 1.5” that would go through the loop and PTO on say a 520H ?

The Freightliner Guy

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Freightliner Guy

Does that answer your question 

• Like 1

Pullstart
8 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

My dad was thinking of buying a harbor freight engine for my rj but I didn’t like any of them 

It would be worth the afternoon of troubleshooting the Briggs, then deciding on an engine replacement if needed :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Freightliner Guy

I want to keep it no matter what if it’s locked up I’ll buy the parts needed but I don’t think it’s locked up though 

• Like 1

Rob J.
19 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

I want to keep it no matter what if it’s locked up I’ll buy the parts needed but I don’t think it’s locked up though 

I love HF but will never swap a Chinese motor in a Wheelhorse. I might do a Lombardini diesel possibly one day. 😉

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

The Freightliner Guy

Yeah I’d prefer keeping the Briggs and Stratton in it that grandpa Reese put in it when he was alive 

• Like 3

Handy Don
17 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Morgan got another workout today.  We mowed the lake house lawn.  The contours of that yard make me nervous when I am mowing next to the lake.  Being titled towards the water just feels WRONG.

I understand the concern. I watched my Dad drive the riding mower too close to the edge of the pond at the camp. Lost traction on the wet weeds and slid right in. The machine was fully submerged and stalled trying to inhale water but we took it to the repair shop and, surprisingly, it didn't take much to get it working again.

Of course we NEVER let him forget the episode! :lol:

• Haha 4

The Freightliner Guy

Back when my dad had a poulawn pro riding mower he got to close to the trampoline and ripped up the tramp cover

image.jpg

• Haha 1

The Freightliner Guy

He spent 45 minutes clearing up the mower deck of debris 

Edited by The Freightliner Guy
  • Haha 1

peter lena

@Horse Newbie  on that mule drive belt adjustment point , and related movement areas , typically whenever  I  see another tractor , RUST NEGLECT almost seams like a bragg area . its also amazing to think that others think thats how its saposed to be , really ?  my lubrication addiction is due to my work related maintenance failures , every functional movement point on my pto drives , move with total / smooth ease. easy to do a recovery , test on your own. think your clutch linkage works easy ? go over every movement  point with aerosol lubricant , move it till the rust runs out , then do it again , have a sloppy linkage end ? how about a couple of added washers and some grease , for smooth easy function ?  don't even think about doing this stuff , thats just a basic start point . just a suggestion , greasy , pete

• Like 1

kpinnc
7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

For small tires or big ones ? 

Yes. :rolleyes:

If I use mine, it's bolted in the vise. 

• Like 2

The Freightliner Guy

You put a HF engine in your cyber tractor 

Monstrosity

I picked up the C series today mainly got it for the plow didn't realize the rear fender was fiberglass. The frame must be cracked too was able to "flex" the engine side to side a bit.. more than likely going to strip down and part out the handle is frozen for foward reverse. 20220730_143233.jpg.deb380773422257009a6b57ad9c16da2.jpg

• Like 5

TonyToro
1 hour ago, Monstrosity said:

I picked up the C series today mainly got it for the plow didn't realize the rear fender was fiberglass. The frame must be cracked too was able to "flex" the engine side to side a bit.. more than likely going to strip down and part out the handle is frozen for foward reverse. 20220730_143233.jpg.deb380773422257009a6b57ad9c16da2.jpg

The engine might have rubber mounts.

• Like 2

Monstrosity
36 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

The engine might have rubber mounts.

I does after further inspection .. the 1277 does a stout job pushing so far 

20220730_154959.jpg.c2a412b33389af74c60b60376c7593bf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

squonk

Neighbor Ralph finally asked me to install the snow plow I got for him a year ago. Along with chains. Figured today isn't too hot so I walk over to get it and it's dead. Has a funky 5 year old battery that I think was for aircraft use. Push it to the garage and the battery still has 170 CCA on it. So I get checking. Tractor had some unscheduled rewiring from a previous owner but all the safety's are hooked up still. Not getting power to the key switch. Found the main power wire from the solenoid to all the switches toasted. Had to remove the gas tank, tank tray and cut open the entire harness to find the various pinched wires and replace everything. A 1 hour job turned into 3. :rolleyes:

IMG_20220730_143310451.jpg.0e590cf3e1f8d22c0f9c9690872c79ea.jpg

IMG_20220730_143318794.jpg.8e55366043b1439eeba8f7f55395747b.jpg

IMG_20220730_161529838.jpg.8181146e0ab62fe5fb7f42e23899a2cb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, squonk said:

Had to remove the gas tank, tank tray and cut open the entire harness to find the various pinched wires and replace everything. A 1 hour job turned into 3

Tad more work than you may have been planning but ya done good Mike. Nice save.  

• Like 1