Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

. None of my tractors are original

Us too. 

Could be a very minor modification or a complete color change but all of ours are "owner enhanced".  

😀

• Like 1

ranger
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

On those front AG tires.

I'm curious to know if you've ever run them the other direction. 

I've read that having AGs on a non drive axle like yours, they should be "reversed" as you have them. 

Do you find that they work well?

Thoughts comments suggestions.  ....

I haven’t tried them the “right” way round yet, but they seem ok like this.

• Like 2

kpinnc
11 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

"owner enhanced".  

Outstanding name for it! :thumbs:

Sounds like an HR description! :D

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Well another fun day " if it is not broke you haven't looked at it ". Decided to work on flat tire. Put on handy dandy HF small tire do hickey. Front side no problem, back must have been glued on . Took an hour but I won. Checked inside of rim, brown weld every where.  Put it aside, time for lunch.  Finished feeding face , decided to cut grass , went to move 312-8 out of way, rear tires low, one front tire flat ( has a tube). Aired all tires up, moved it out of shed. Fired up the 120a , made 3 passes in front yard and it died. Checked gas etc can't find problem. Finally got tow valve  open , hooked it up to 312-8 , pulled to shed. Too dang heavy to push in shed, neighbor not home. Found come along and only took about 45 minutes to get in shed. Looked at 312-8 front tire almost flat Son of a B . Enough cussing for today , locked shed up went in house, cup of coffee and a smoke. Then a shower , getting dressed and cat bite me. Past her dinner time. I think I am going to stay in bed all day tomorrow. Hope I don't fall out of bed and break a bone.

• Haha 9
  • Sad 1

squonk
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

On those front AG tires.

I'm curious to know if you've ever run them the other direction. 

I've read that having AGs on a non drive axle like yours, they should be "reversed" as you have them. 

Do you find that they work well?

Thoughts comments suggestions.  ....

Yup steer better. I had a set of ag's that were marked reverse for non-driving wheels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk
20 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Well another fun day " if it is not broke you haven't looked at it ". Decided to work on flat tire. Put on handy dandy HF small tire do hickey. Front side no problem, back must have been glued on . Took an hour but I won. Checked inside of rim, brown weld every where.  Put it aside, time for lunch.  Finished feeding face , decided to cut grass , went to move 312-8 out of way, rear tires low, one front tire flat ( has a tube). Aired all tires up, moved it out of shed. Fired up the 120a , made 3 passes in front yard and it died. Checked gas etc can't find problem. Finally got tow valve  open , hooked it up to 312-8 , pulled to shed. Too dang heavy to push in shed, neighbor not home. Found come along and only took about 45 minutes to get in shed. Looked at 312-8 front tire almost flat Son of a B . Enough cussing for today , locked shed up went in house, cup of coffee and a smoke. Then a shower , getting dressed and cat bite me. Past her dinner time. I think I am going to stay in bed all day tomorrow. Hope I don't fall out of bed and break a bone.

I don't think I could top that if I lied heavily!  hehe! 

• Haha 2

lynnmor
2 hours ago, entropy said:

Thanks Lynnmor. I did grind both sides, but I did not really think about the balance as well as not really knowing how worn they are(they have been on deck for as long as I have owned and probably well before that I guess...many years). 

If you do not mind, any recommendations on blades? Also any tips on removal of old blades.....  I attempted to remove, but it was so tight I just opted to grind in place

The Toro blades hold up well but can be pricey. I have purchased blades from Agri-Supply that did fine.

Blocking the blade in place with a wooden block will allow you to put a lot of torque on that nut.  If that doesn’t work, Wheel Horse made a thin wrench that goes behind the blade to hold the spindle, but they are cheap junk, it is better to find a wrench at a flea market and grind it down if it is too thick.  Of course try what you have first.  I find that using an impact wrench is the easiest way, just be careful that you don’t make it way too tight when reinstalling.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, ranger said:

I haven’t tried them the “right” way round yet, but they seem ok like this.

8 minutes ago, squonk said:

Yup steer better. I had a set of ag's that were marked reverse for non-driving wheels

When I get a minute or 6 here I'm gonna mount the Mckissick chipper shredder on Cinnamon Horse C160. 

That's a VERY heavy piece and it sets a little low to the ground for the rough terrain forest here. 

Been thinking on putting a large set (22") of AGs on the front for extra traction and more importantly, ground clearance. 

• Like 4

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, JoeM said:

old rusty

Ain't!!

VERY nice.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JoeM

Now this is rolling baby! :handgestures-thumbup:

6EF71463-CE60-44BA-9D95-D76CE9D93FE3.jpeg.6d6998c55070d51e603a884c7d0aacf6.jpeg

• Like 9

nyquil junkie
16 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

Is that a PF engineering front end loafers?

Looks like it does a good job.

I have no idea. I bought it from JoeM.  Yes it has exceeded my expectations, its a handy machine.

• Like 2

D_Mac
3 hours ago, kpinnc said:

That could be my motto. None of my tractors are original.

And I already talked to Terry about your decals. Mine won't be exactly the same, but I'm copying the look!

Terry has made a few custom sets for me. The 1075, the 416-8, and my 857 woody. The 857 has a wood looking background on the decals.. Loved them all.

20210314_232454.jpg

20210428_202615.jpg

20210527_125038.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 6

ebinmaine
25 minutes ago, 76c12091520h said:

hitched

Where'd ya get that hitch?

• Like 1

76c12091520h
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Where'd ya get that hitch?

From the steel pile.....

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
Just now, 76c12091520h said:

From the steel pile.....

Niiiiice.   

• Like 1

kpinnc
2 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Terry has made a few custom sets for me. The 1075, the 416-8, and my 857 woody. The 857 has a wood looking background on the decals.. Loved them all.

He does exemplary work! Customs even more so!

IMG_20211012_184612312.jpg

IMG_20211004_223732686.jpg

• Excellent 7

kpinnc
1 hour ago, 76c12091520h said:

From the steel pile.....

That is some purdy work! :thumbs:

I did tinker a little after mowing for 3 hours... My hydro control linkage had come loose. Acted very much like the hydro was going out. I was very happy to find a loose locknut on my Pinkie 520-H.

IMG_20220409_215056106.jpg

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 8
  • Excellent 1

ranger
7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

When I get a minute or 6 here I'm gonna mount the Mckissick chipper shredder on Cinnamon Horse C160. 

That's a VERY heavy piece and it sets a little low to the ground for the rough terrain forest here. 

Been thinking on putting a large set (22") of AGs on the front for extra traction and more importantly, ground clearance. 

My C121’s front wheels are 10” diameter, with “Rotavator” tyres, 5x10’s I think. Rears are 7x12’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, ranger said:

My C121’s front wheels are 10” diameter, with “Rotavator” tyres, 5x10’s I think. 

20", 21" / 50, 55 cm outside diameter?

• Like 1

KrazeyOlDave
16 hours ago, kpinnc said:

He does exemplary work! Customs even more so!

IMG_20211012_184612312.jpg

IMG_20211004_223732686.jpg

What back tires are those please? 

• Like 2

KrazeyOlDave

Anyone have the link saved for 520H with hydraulic 3 point? I’m trying to find some threads on it and can’t find anything…I’m sure someone has done it by now 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

balconio

Today I hooked the old girl to my 4x8 harbor freight trailer and filled it up with seat frames from our school bus project. The way I loaded the trailer it was really front heavy so I popped a couple wheelies, I have to dig my front receiver and weight mount out of storage to get some ballast over the front axle!

PXL_20220410_184005019_compress41.jpg.ab693e1bd54e95b3b21cc22bdc6a16ad.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2