Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Bailey855
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Nice little square hood. Should clean up excellent. 

Please post pics as you go.  

This will most likely be a spare parts tractor if needed.  I wanted to have an extra 8hp motor for my 855 and 875 as well as a spare rear and and some good sheet metal.  The front wheel weights were worth more than I paid for the lot lol 

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

A bit more progress on tires and wheels!

Still waiting for the weights to dry well. Replaced the 4 front wheel bearings(only a 50 mile round trip for those!). Still need another shim washer or 2. Did some flex seal spray seat patching, and of course another wd40 spray down!

20210612_194435.jpg

20210612_152603.jpg

20210612_194444.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

.Dug

Nice work Sir 👍

Wheel Horse 3D
25 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Nice work Sir 👍

Thank you sir..nothin fancy or uber perfect just a maintenance and freshen.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

making a Wheel Horse/garden tractor work area

A lovely idea. 

May want to consider a transmission holder hole like I have on mine. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Tuneup

So, Friday finally had enough time without rain for me to mow the back lot - a mess of weeds and southern grasses and 35° declines that I run along the angle. The 516H can do this with washer fluid in the tires and with me sitting on the side, albeit slowly. I grew up this way - the old Simplicity mowing along the angle and me on the side of the seat. I hate mowing soggy grass. Like to preserve these decks forever.

When I first got her, she'd die on inclines. Couldn't figure it out BUT, it went away. Could be good or could be bad. Yesterday, it appeared again. Sad - 1/2 tank on the newly cleaned and tightened fuel gauge circuit - was near empty. Filled the tank. Ran nice and then died in the same place. I thought dirty air filter - the foam element was dirty - removed it. Fixed it for 5 minutes again. Better filter - fixed again for 5 minutes. Did I mention that there is dirt to be mowed? Hard to keep the elements clean. Back to the garage and replaced the fuel pump with the 520's - the former owner had a similar problem but there was hope. Ran for 5 minutes. Sky getting black. Old pump back on. Pulled carb top - yup - almost empty. Mowed the remaining 10% down hill and then backwards back up and at lower trottle. Just can't feed fuel fast enough. Finally, routine stalls forced me to the garage for good (got there in reverse) and the rain hit. She let me down! Fuel cap has a clear hole in it. Running without the cap - no difference. Yeah, the tank valve is flowing well. The pump is just weak. I have an electric to install today from the 520's allotment of parts now that the son's brakes are replaced on the '01 Mustang which was braking on metal flakes (we're in the South - of course it's a Mustang). It's been fun! Running downhill on a low bowl will cover the main. Carb perfect - float set. Runs longer on no blades and low throttle where the pump can keep up. I'm thinking she's been a little lean forever and will like the electric pump immensely. Next time, I'll let it rain and the weed tops can make 12".

I brought the old bomber out - filled the tires and sprayed Gumout into the carb until it 'took'. Old reliable took care of the last 100 sq ft and they can now sun themselves in the Georgia heat and humidity all day - gotta dry that deck now!

123.jpg

Edited by Tuneup
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

A lovely idea. 

I was thinking the samething. I'm sure there will be alot of additions as time goes on

• Like 2

squonk
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

A lovely idea. 

And about 6 more outlets! :)

• Like 6

squonk

Went to fill the gas tank on the C-160 so I could mow the yard. The gas cap decided it didn't want to play anymore! :(

IMG_20210613_110942802.jpg.8c9fb2068162802fc27c8661e1e8f909.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Maxwell-8
31 minutes ago, squonk said:

Went to fill the gas tank on the C-160 so I could mow the yard. The gas cap decided it didn't want to play anymore! :(

A week ago same thing happend to my pushmower. Just superglued the cap so I could mow for the day 

Lee1977
53 minutes ago, squonk said:

IMG_20210613_110942802.jpg.8c9fb2068162802fc27c8661e1e8f909.jpg

You screwed It down too tight. RED and Green could fix that right up.

• Thanks 1

8ntruck
3 hours ago, Oldskool said:

I was thinking the samething. I'm sure there will be alot of additions as time goes on

After recently lifting my pressure washer up onto my bench, I gave brief thought to a piece of I beam and a chain fall over the bench.   Only problem is that the garage structure above the bench won't support that addition.....

• Like 1

Oldskool
8 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

After recently lifting my pressure washer up onto my bench, I gave brief thought to a piece of I beam and a chain fall over the bench.   Only problem is that the garage structure above the bench won't support that addition.....

I do have a chain fall in the big bay and a wheeled work bench. Same chainfall we use during deer season.  I'm not getting any younger so working smarter not harder. That also includes cutting down on miles walked in the shop looking for tools.

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D
55 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

You could add a couple 4x4s to support either end of your i beam and fasten the tops to your lighter beams. might take up a little floor space. im gonna have to do something similar for the chain hoists.as im not sure how much weight my current roof supports will handle. For lighter stuff, ill be installing THIS the length of the shop.

16236112903721433553380677284793.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Herder
9 hours ago, Oldskool said:

This morning's project is making a Wheel Horse/garden tractor work area in the shop.

I have to many things in and out of here.

Anything from mini bikes to lawn tractors to automobiles. Things are getting mixed together to much. 

Be careful Oldskool, Wheel Horses are territorial and will take over all your work areas.    

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Oldskool
1 hour ago, Herder said:

Be careful Oldskool, Wheel Horses are territorial and will take over all your work areas.    

I've noticed. They have already scared the Deeres off to the back yard and now they are trying to push the Beaver out of its home. The only one standing its ground is the Y.E.T.I.

• Haha 5

8ntruck

@Wheel Horse 3D is that an old hay trolley?

Wheel Horse 3D
12 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

@Wheel Horse 3D is that an old hay trolley?

Yep an old cloverleaf complete with a couple different attachments....a skewer type deal, and a u shaped one that grabs from both sides

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D