Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Greentored
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Scott, does the belt stop without the guard?  I assume you’ve got fingers in place for friction?

It actually stops excellent with the additional idler, with very little travel. I have a couple 'get by' guides up front and at the trans, but if I push the clutch too far, it will sometimes throw the belt.

I do plan to fab up a guard when she comes apart over the winter for paint.

• Like 2

chip61

Who needs a lawn vac when you have an Onan?? Grass was unusually dry this weekend, and I couldn't go 10 feet before the screen was loaded up again lol!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

lynnmor
7 hours ago, pullstart said:

45AD1125-39E3-4289-8379-8EFBD2FACEF1.jpeg.1498e92f415126116c40fb9d8dc9d541.jpegAEC4A225-F080-449B-816E-554F8CD7701D.jpeg.a25ef94c73d85d18a4206faa0f6c145f.jpeg

I bet the guys couldn't wait to get out of that formal attire and get into something comfortable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

I bet the guys couldn't wait to get out of that formal attire and get into something comfortable.

Yep, that was the groom I shot with.  He HAD a brand new suit on at the alter :handgestures-thumbupright:

peter lena

lane ranger, liked your input on rebuilt pulleys, something that i  have been doing now , at every opportunity , is to upgrade those bearings , by popping off the seals , with small pocket screwdriver , i like the hard rubber seals , they pop off intact , and easily snap back in place. clean out the grease and refill with LUCAS RED N TACKY GREASE, with a 550 drop temp those bearings will stay nice and quiet.  i also look for pulley bearings that are usually bigger , also adding to life. its an amazing change to have a very solid ,smooth and quiet bearing. did that on all my my mower decks , and on the added idler pulley i installed on the unsupported back of deck area, stopping belt bounce. also did it on my PTO MULE BELT DRIVE, those bearings get hot , the lucas grease keeps them quiet and smooth, keeping the horse alive , pete  

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

four letter S word

Saab. Saco. Said. Sake. Sand. Sane. Sank. Sans. Safe. Save. Saps. Sawn. Saws. Scan. Scat. Scam. Scot. Scam. Scow. Sect. Seem. Self. Seal. Seen. Seep. Seer. Sees. Sego. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Seems you missed the two I was thinking!

• Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH

SNOW?

:banana-skier:

Bring it on!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

tom2p
On 9/14/2020 at 11:04 AM, chip61 said:

Who needs a lawn vac when you have an Onan?? Grass was unusually dry this weekend, and I couldn't go 10 feet before the screen was loaded up again lol!

whew - with an Onan it can be especially tough this time of year when it is dry and the leaves begin to fall 

some areas I will need to stop after each pass to clear leaves and grass 

throttle down - disengage PTO - clear debris - throttle up and engage PTO 

rinse - lather - repeat  lol

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

SNOW?

:banana-skier:

Bring it on!!!

hey. Hey. HEY. !!!!

You jess' take easy there mister......

:no:

:occasion-snowman:

• Thanks 1

cafoose
36 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:handgestures-thumbupright: Here's digging the...20200916_085319.jpg.7a76a9e76f7da35da29b8eecd6114624.jpg

mother of necessity thing!   :eusa-clap:20200916_085121.jpg.ee875d9468bc9940e02a1f906b197926.jpg

Hydro lift and forks to move pallets around? :eusa-think: Wonder how much weight it could lift? :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, cafoose said:

Hydro lift and forks to move pallets around? :eusa-think: Wonder how much weight it could lift? :handgestures-thumbupright:

I'm thinking 200 lb plus...?

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

Not trying to establish any records here.  :naughty:20200916_095223.jpg.e48209631c4999cbf995cb21eb0da3ad.jpg

Just, every little bit helps extend the life of my old, over worked back.  :dunno:

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

ACman

:scratchead: Craig  that’s Genius ... :lol: !

Working smarter and not harder :thumbs2:

• Like 7

ebinmaine

I've told people for many many years

There's a fine line between laziness and efficiency and I ride right on that line.

I use it as a joke but at the same time I'm completely serious.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

bottjernat1

Freakin sweet idea!! @AMC RULES

• Like 2

peter lena

lane ranger, liked your input on rebuilt pulleys, something that i  have been doing now , at every opportunity , is to upgrade those bearings , by popping off the seals , with small pocket screwdriver , i like the hard rubber seals , they pop off intact , and easily snap back in place. clean out the grease and refill with LUCAS RED N TACKY GREASE, with a 550 drop temp those bearings will stay nice and quiet.  i also look for pulley bearings that are usually bigger , also adding to life. its an amazing change to have a very solid ,smooth and quiet bearing. did that on all my my mower decks , and on the added idler pulley i installed on the unsupported back of deck area, stopping belt bounce. also did it on my PTO MULE BELT DRIVE, those bearings get hot , the lucas grease keeps them quiet and smooth, keeping the horse alive , pete  

• Like 1

peter lena

just added the a set of led 4" tail lights to the , 91-312-8, now all 3 horses have them, walmart # C 12544R, nice and bright for my roadside trimming.vinyl tubed all wiring to eliminate  any possible chafing areas, also found a starting gas tank drip , picked up a new grommet , used dielectric grease as the slide helper , actually found some leaves in the tank , so a thorough clean and flush . my next issue is to quiet down the mower deck bounce noise.going to replace the ,spacer bushings with teflon washers , for a firmer/ smoother hold of the deck .the lift frame set up is just too sloppy , basically tightening up all movement areas , the teflon washers and lube should make a quiet change. that is what i did today and i am going to do , pete      

• Like 1

71_Bronco
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

There's a fine line between laziness and efficiency and I ride right on that line.

My mom use to say to me "Give the hardest job to the laziest person, and they will find the easiest way to do it"

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 2

rjg854
8 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Just, every little bit helps extend the life of my old, over worked back.  :dunno:

You're not even old yet. :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 2

Pullstart
20 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Yep... My last boss at a real day job told me “if you want to find an easy way to do something, hire a lazy guy.”  I guess that was me he was talking about?

• Haha 7