Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

953 nut
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

one of the plug on tabs was corroded . lightly sanded down all related tabs and used  DIELECTRIC  GREASE lightly to each connection point

Like I always say,

266003472_1electrical.jpg.0fa681c8752672dd5bb4a79ddb64f934.jpg

• Like 2

TonyToro
On 9/23/2019 at 3:57 PM, Stepney said:

Wish I could. The previous owner had it repainted and re-stickered at a dealer back in the late 90s. All I can say is it's a pewter color with a subtle metallic look. Not the factory paint. 

Thanks for the reply. It a nice color on that tractor. I repainted my Work Horse factory color but I really like that color.

Stepney
29 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

Thanks for the reply. It a nice color on that tractor. I repainted my Work Horse factory color but I really like that color.

I think it looks nice. They did a decent job. Some of it is almost a hammertone. Some looks flaky metallic. I have no idea what it really was. I just need to see about painting the wheels and getting some matching tires on. The front wheels are off a Sears and the rears are both wide pattern rims but the tires are very different, and it sits lopsided. 
That tractor was actually on a trailer headed for scrap. I went to the house to buy a mower deck and came home with the whole machine. 

Edited by Stepney
  • Like 4

cleat

That is a cute little setup.

I did not know they made a Work Horse that small.

Wagon looks good, just need to polish up the tires a bit and it will look perfect.

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

this little wagon

Trina and I have held a conference and we've decided that you're a little wagon is absolutely adorable.

Really nice job putting that together!

• Like 3

AHS
23 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Like I always say,

266003472_1electrical.jpg.0fa681c8752672dd5bb4a79ddb64f934.jpg

No! I say put the battery on a 500A start, and blow all the fuses!! 👍

• Haha 1

WHX??

Nice bds ..that is one fine lookin b'hood! :handgestures-thumbupright:

WHX??
3 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Found this little wagon in pieces at the curb. Got some brackets and put it all back together. Put a little riser on the end of the handle and mounted it up behind the little Work Horse. Not very big ... might hold a small cooler. The paint on my Work Horse has more of a gold tone then grey. I dont know if they are all like that

20190925_123323.jpg

20190925_123415.jpg

This whole rig certainly deserves a second look D mac .... nice! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Andy N.

I picked up a donor 520-H ('90) last Sunday and swapped the Onan and forward swept steering into my 520-H ('89). Original motor burned a lot of oil. Donor engine runs great. There are slight variations in the the 2 installations so I had to swap the engine harness and oil pressure switch over as well. The deal was cheaper than repowering with something new like a Predator (and I wanted to keep an Onan in it) and it came with a plow, cultivators, and 60" deck. 

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

D_Mac

Thanks guys. Few days ago my neighbor has a guy who mows their yard. That guy saw this little Work Horse and wanted to know if I was going to sell it. I told him I wasnt sure. Well he asked again. He isnt a Wheel Horse guy he just wants it to pass through gates and mow small yards with it. I cant come up with a value for it. Runs as good as it looks. I could use the money because of my cancer treatments I havent worked since Feb. that being said I am not desperate for cash and do not want to give it away. Whats the value of these rear engine riders?

adsm08

I replaced this:

psrpqlr.jpg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, adsm08 said:

I replaced this:

psrpqlr.jpg

I take it you found the right one online and you are now up and charging okay?

adsm08
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I take it you found the right one online and you are now up and charging okay?

Yup, I found one that's the same style, same pinout for 12V positive or negative ground. Now charging at about 12.65V, battery static is 12.4. Seems a bit low, but it keeps up with the lights on, so I'm not worried right now.

I might re-wind the starter over the winter.

Edited by adsm08
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, adsm08 said:

Yup, I found one that's the same style, same pinout for 12V positive or negative ground. Now charging at about 12.65V, battery static is 12.4. Seems a bit low, but it keeps up with the lights on, so I'm not worried right now.

I might re-wind the starter over the winter.

That's low by modern alternator standards but acceptable for a S/G.

• Thanks 1

adsm08
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

That's low by modern alternator standards but acceptable for a S/G.

Ok.

pfrederi
3 hours ago, adsm08 said:

Ok.

I do not believe 12.65 is correct for an S/G. Should be puting out 13.5-14 volts at full throttle. A good battery should be 12.6 just sitting.

With engine running ground the F terminal on the genny and see what voltage you get.  If it is still the 12.65 then your field coil is suspect.  if it jumps up to 13.5 or more your new regulator is at fault.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

bottjernat1
On 9/18/2019 at 2:22 PM, pullstart said:

Putt Putt got some worker toughness added with a set of rear weights... double stacked!

76C04B9A-ABE7-41AC-BD05-B5A9F67BD730.jpeg

766BE2BE-54C2-4138-BFFC-60743E16DCE9.jpeg

B362AB98-3C9E-4C09-8AB6-4AF8DC7F7D75.jpeg

like the sears weights

• Like 3

Andy N.
On 9/25/2019 at 8:51 PM, Andy N. said:

I picked up a donor 520-H ('90) last Sunday and swapped the Onan and forward swept steering into my 520-H ('89). Original motor burned a lot of oil. Donor engine runs great. There are slight variations in the the 2 installations so I had to swap the engine harness and oil pressure switch over as well. The deal was cheaper than repowering with something new like a Predator (and I wanted to keep an Onan in it) and it came with a plow, cultivators, and 60" deck. 

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

Finished putting her together and got the deck on. Now if only the rain would stop!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:. Rain...whats that?   :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shynon

Welded up the rim for the dual on the 1054. Need to get longer bolts for mounting it. Then get the tire mounted.

20190927_183232.jpg

20190927_183244.jpg

20190927_183239.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

PeacemakerJack

:text-goodpost: Plow Day is coming up soon...between you, Kevin, and Jim posting your prep work makes me even more excited about turning earth. Do you got your lights working on that thing for night plowing?

• Like 1

Shynon
7 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Do you got your lights working on that thing for night plowing?

Yes LED's they are bright

• Like 2