Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
50 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

Are you sure you have any going, Trina has a couple " Pig Pan" and siding the the building.

Going....

Yyyeeeaaahhh..

Paused but NOT forgotten. 

:)

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Lane Ranger said:

314-8

Lane, I'd be willing to bet there's a little bit of gunk in the fuel bowl in the bottom. May want to pop that off sometime and just spray it out real quick.

• Like 4

Lane Ranger
Just now, ebinmaine said:

Lane, I'd be willing to bet there's a little bit of gunk in the fuel bowl in the bottom. May want to pop that off sometime and just spray it out real quick.

Yes ).  Thank you Eric.

I was just looking at the carb bale and there was debris on it.   .I will do when I get back from a trip to New Jersey for four days!

• Excellent 1

AMC RULES

You're A Winner Trophy GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

JoeM
22 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

The first mowing award goes to....

my stuff is still in cold storage :confusion-shrug:

But.....I got a retired neighbor that likes to wash his cars constantly and mow grass every three days, he cut the last week of February. :o

• Like 3

Ed Kennell
54 minutes ago, JoeM said:

my stuff is still in cold storage :confusion-shrug:

Mine also Joe.   I still have plows and blowers on mine,  But I will have to mow before Easter so the little egg hunters don't fall over the clumps.

• Like 5
  • Heart 1

Desko

Not quite ready to mow lawn here yet but almost ready to get the garden opened up and put some taters in the ground. I figured since it was a warm rainy day I would pull the snow blower off and put the new to me tiller on and check everything over before it really is time. Now I just have to wash all the barn dust off the 520 lol

IMG_5344.jpeg

• Excellent 7

OoPEZoO

My dogs said winter is officially over, so I spent the afternoon dropping the plow off the 314-8 and replacing it with the wood chipper.  

My neighbor had half of a big willow tree come down a few weeks ago during our last storm, and I'm assuming its going to get put to use as soon as things dry out a bit.  That pic is deceiving....its a HUGE tree!  Its gonna be a workout.IMG_2883.jpeg.e85eef1b9a988768c56b6a8b5e64b63b.jpeg

IMG_2862.jpeg.093decd14ace8f5707c89baa5b63401b.jpeg

Also took the time to drop the snow blower off the front of the 522xi I picked up a few months ago.....It came off pretty easily, but holy crap, that thing is a load!!  I gotta think on it for a bit, but it may be destined for the "for sale" pile.  

I don't have a good property for a blower of that size, and we have barely had enough snow to plow, let along blow over the past 5 years.  The footprint is basically the same as the tractor.  Eats up a lot of room.

IMG_2882.jpeg.c4f3139aba18f19d73f81714f0593833.jpeg

IMG_2881.jpeg.a73eb814f2614e5bf7036470760364fe.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

sergeant
12 minutes ago, OoPEZoO said:

My dogs said winter is officially over, so I spent the afternoon dropping the plow off the 314-8 and replacing it with the wood chipper.  

My neighbor had half of a big willow tree come down a few weeks ago during our last storm, and I'm assuming its going to get put to use as soon as things dry out a bit.  That pic is deceiving....its a HUGE tree!  Its gonna be a workout.IMG_2883.jpeg.e85eef1b9a988768c56b6a8b5e64b63b.jpeg

IMG_2862.jpeg.093decd14ace8f5707c89baa5b63401b.jpeg

Also took the time to drop the snow blower off the front of the 522xi I picked up a few months ago.....It came off pretty easily, but holy crap, that thing is a load!!  I gotta think on it for a bit, but it may be destined for the "for sale" pile.  

I don't have a good property for a blower of that size, and we have barely had enough snow to plow, let along blow over the past 5 years.  The footprint is basically the same as the tractor.  Eats up a lot of room.

IMG_2882.jpeg.c4f3139aba18f19d73f81714f0593833.jpeg

IMG_2881.jpeg.a73eb814f2614e5bf7036470760364fe.jpeg

Yeah, that is the downside with attachments: you have to store them somewhere. I don't care which brand; they all take up way too much room sometimes because of their sub-frames.

• Like 3

OoPEZoO

I hear ya.  I never mind dealing with the plow, as I can hang the frame on the wall, and lean the blade against it.  And my wood chipper is so useful, I will always find a place for it.  This thing......meh, I don't know.  I mean, if we had "feet" of snow instead of "inches" on snow.....maybe.  My long term plan for the 522xi is a front end loader, so I'm pretty sure this will never get put back on.  It might have to take a trailer ride to the big show.

• Like 3

kpinnc
On 3/3/2024 at 7:35 AM, c-series don said:

another one will magically appear!! 

Same thing my wife would say about the lump on my head! :lol:

She is particular about her truck! 

• Haha 3

sergeant
4 hours ago, OoPEZoO said:

I hear ya.  I never mind dealing with the plow, as I can hang the frame on the wall, and lean the blade against it.  And my wood chipper is so useful, I will always find a place for it.  This thing......meh, I don't know.  I mean, if we had "feet" of snow instead of "inches" on snow.....maybe.  My long term plan for the 522xi is a front end loader, so I'm pretty sure this will never get put back on.  It might have to take a trailer ride to the big show.

I am a bit on the crazy side. I have 15 garden tractors plus a Compact tractor. Furthermore, I try to have a hitch (sleeve hitch or 3-point) and a front Blade for all the Garden tractors. I actually have 3 Loader tractors, though one loader tractor is a few Houses down the street with My older brother, which is my White GT2055 with Kwik-way Loader. But at My House I have a JD X748 with a 45 Loader and a JD 2025R with a loader and backhoe. My Wheel Horse 416H has the fewest attachments: Just a 42-inch deck and a Clevis Hitch. I have 5 tractor-mounted tillers. Two tractor-mounted two-stage Blowers and one single-stage thrower. But the way snow has been lately, I could probably just use a blade.

That has always been the downside of most Garden tractors with a Loader. They Just become a Loader tractor only as most just have a PTO Pump driven Loader. Which is a little time-consuming to do the changeover to another job. My JD X748 with 45 Loader walks On and off and uses the transmission Hydraulic system to run the Loader, so it is an easy Change over to another attachment. Simplicity was the only other Garden tractor that had  walk-on-off loader set up with its Legacy XL model. . The PTO pump loader is great for performance, as it is a bit faster with raising and lowering than the garden tractor with an on-board Hydraulic system loader.. But those 5XI series tractors are Great with a Kwik-way Loader:handgestures-thumbupleft:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Split and stacked a few loads of firewood.

95258897_100_0028-Copy.JPG.54c4040e29062c77a0b5ec1e459a1c42.JPG

Then took the blade off the 312 and put the tiller on.

131834570_100_0029-Copy.JPG.f122c920baab50ed6e1eaca27c4d3a65.JPG

• Excellent 9

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

95258897_100_0028-Copy.JPG.54c4040e29062c77a0b5ec1e459a1c42.JPG

Ed what's that green colored stuff all over the ground???

• Haha 4

TonyToro
14 hours ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

Installed some brand new LED headlights that I got for my birthday from my Grandma on my C-145 today way brighter and way more distance. No DIY I did it just about all by myself it was just plug and play. I can post the link if you guys want they were on scamazon 

IMG_1864.jpeg

IMG_1863.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

Hey @TonyToro Jr. where’s my credit? Sounds like I wasn’t there to supervise and who welded up the exhaust?? :handgestures-thumbupright::razz::teasing-poke:

• Haha 7

Maz91

Took the snow blade off and cleaned up all the yard waste the old lady and I generated yesterday. I ripped up some patches of hawkweed which is slowly making its way around my whole yard. The chickens tear it up but it’s outpacing them. Also uncovered an old garden bed which should look pretty nice when planted. I’m jealous of you guys with your chippers

8C7D73D7-2CAF-4FF1-A266-031BAE84CB5C.jpeg

90BDAC6E-3C55-4F5A-A627-AC6929107BF1.jpeg

76DA9BA2-9D73-41F8-B378-C4A0DFF5BE4B.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

@Maz91

Yard looks good man. 

You just need like 47 more chickens. No more weed problems!!

Great to see you and yours putting that tractor to work!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

cleat
2 hours ago, Maz91 said:

Took the snow blade off and cleaned up all the yard waste the old lady and I generated yesterday. I ripped up some patches of hawkweed which is slowly making its way around my whole yard. The chickens tear it up but it’s outpacing them. Also uncovered an old garden bed which should look pretty nice when planted. I’m jealous of you guys with your chippers

8C7D73D7-2CAF-4FF1-A266-031BAE84CB5C.jpeg

90BDAC6E-3C55-4F5A-A627-AC6929107BF1.jpeg

76DA9BA2-9D73-41F8-B378-C4A0DFF5BE4B.jpeg

I bought this Woodmaxx 8" hydraulic infeed chipper several years ago and while a little expensive and really only gets used a few days per year it sure cleans up a lot of brush, limbs and small trees in a hurry.

Makes the 30HP diesel tractor work hard, only time I ever see it blow some black smoke.

407132863_Woodchipperreadytowork2.jpg.04081935e82de50db779677773a13d06.jpg

• Like 8

Tuneup

Always nice to vent the spleen in this forum page! Let's see, never lend a 2 stroke to the neighbor without providing your own extra fuel - a great friend but starting to forget himself at 76 years of age. Used my lovely old Homelite chainsaw and returned it full. I should have known its smooth running suggested fresh 4 stroke fuel. That's now in the landfill and a nice little Stihl on order so the trees will have to wait. What about the 520H sitting in the garage - a true mess. It donated its lovely 48" deck (my reason for purchase) which I restored and run on the 516H. Time for that lovely Eaton to play. I've got two frozen exhaust studs to remove. Drilled the first and re-tapped. Came out OK. Welded on the second several times. No soap. Neighbor mechanic lent his Snap-On extractors and they're super heavy duty but again, and with heat and a 3/8 socket wrench, no soap, doc. Don't want to snap those beauties. Drilled it. Uh oh, just slightly off center so I now have a nicely tapped hole just barely interfering with the head stud. It's OK, but infuriating. Grimy engine flywheel came off but required a good sledge whack. clutch material fell int pieces. All looks OK as the engine hits the bench today for disassembly and inspection. 500 hours on the meter but the wiring is so bunged up, can't trust it. She's a clear oil burner. So. With rings and gaskets, she'll at least run by month's end. Undecided on whether it should be fully restored or just refreshed with lots of bushings. With the great 2024 uncertainty, maybe I'll be prematurely retired and will have all the time in the world to do the deed OR maybe just punt and put those 4.56 gears in the old Ranger. Happy Sunday!

• Like 5

Maz91
12 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

@Maz91

Yard looks good man. 

You just need like 47 more chickens. No more weed problems!!

Great to see you and yours putting that tractor to work!

i would definitely like to have a lot more. We have 8 layers and they really cover a lot of ground. I never had chickens before so didn’t wanna dive in tooooo crazy.

We also raise some meat birds in a chicken tractor and I am going to try to have them cover most of the yard this summer. It was amazing to see the dark green trail of grass behind them. We have about 2 acres of lawn, the garden, and some old apple and maple trees I’m trying to bring back. This is our second year here, so I’m curious if I’ll notice any improvement from all the work last summer. 

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1