Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Colby G

Can somebody tell me what tractor this transmission came out of? I'm trying to order a pulley for it and I can't figure out what transmission it is. I did a swap from a charger 12 thinking it was also a charger 12 (which it was not) and now I cannot figure out what transmission it is...spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

17029460317244143957180388472259.jpg

17029461146033250191840153967474.jpg

17029461333189163456529838960932.jpg

17029461442975793841250831721224.jpg

17029461547377979884923379720101.jpg

Edited by Colby G

c-series don

I believe that you have a Sunstrand transmission, however I don’t know the exact model. Someone here does. You need the pulley with the slots in it that makes it the cooling fan also. 

• Like 1

WHX??
9 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Do you have running water in the house?     If yes, there's your answer.

Move the shop into the house.   

Yes but the privy does not...let your fingers do the walking.

Dan you wanna tell him about the wrath of tractors & motorcycles in the house or should I? 

Surely did get away with it when a single man truly had his castle... :lol:

• Confused 1

WHX??
2 minutes ago, c-series don said:

I believe that you have a Sunstrand transmission, however I don’t know the exact model. Someone here does. You need the pulley with the slots in it that makes it the cooling fan also. 

:text-yeahthat:I may have one or three would have to look.  

c-series don

Never mind my last post, it looks like you might need the pulley that you can bolt a fan to. Okay I’ll shut up now. For a minute anyway!😂

IMG_0164.png

Edited by c-series don

Colby G
7 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Never mind my last post, it looks like you might need the pulley that you can bolt a fan to. Okay I’ll shut up now. For a minute anyway!😂

IMG_0164.png

So what would the fan be for? Extra cooling? And could you tell me what tractor mine came off of originally? 

Edited by Colby G

WHX??

I don't think you are wrong Don but I might be full of $hi! too. 

Looks to be late 60s on up that used the fan cast with the pully. Either that or it's gonna be pre late 68 before they went to 5/8 belt on the Raider. Then it would have the aluminum fan. 

• Like 2

WHX??

Nope that pic says it all ...came off a 65 to late 68 tractor. Most likely a 1077 1277 or such. 

Edited by WHX??
Model screw up
  • Like 1

Colby G
6 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Nope that pic says it all ...came off a 65 to late 68 tractor. Most likely a 1077 1277 or such. 

So I need a pulley and a fan for a transmission from a 1077 1277?

WHX??
40 minutes ago, Colby G said:

So I need a pulley and a fan for a transmission from a 1077 1277?

Almost think so. Is that input shaft double D? Kinda looks like it. Will take a look at my parts. The aluminum fan, if needed might be hen's teeth tho. Another question is what size drive belt are you going you going to run? 4L or 5L? 

• Like 1

Colby G
26 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Almost think so. Is that input shaft double D? Kinda looks like it. Will take a look at my parts. The aluminum fan, if needed might be hen's teeth tho. Another question is what size drive belt are you going you going to run? 4L or 5L? 

I believe it's double d, I'm kinda new to this wheel horse stuff, so I'm not sure. It's flat on two sides and round on two sides. And for my belt size I'm thinking 1/2 width and not sure on length or height yet. Gotta mount motor and get pulleys. I'm going to put a predator 420cc on it since I bought it with no motor. and don't know what I need for pulleys yet. 

Edited by Colby G
  • Like 1

Thor27

Just a guess here, but that axle looks wide....and looks like witness marks from longer hubs... And it appears to have gt-14 written in paint pen.  Does it have the big keyways?:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

oliver2-44
1 hour ago, Colby G said:

I believe it's double d, I'm kinda new to this wheel horse stuff, so I'm not sure. It's flat on two sides and round on two sides. And for my belt size I'm thinking 1/2 width and not sure on length or height yet. Gotta mount motor and get pulleys. I'm going to put a predator 420cc on it since I bought it with no motor. and don't know what I need for pulleys yet. 

Most  WH likely hydro pulleys are 5/8 width

Colby G
9 minutes ago, Thor27 said:

Just a guess here, but that axle looks wide....and looks like witness marks from longer hubs... And it appears to have gt-14 written in paint pen.  Does it have the big keyways?:unsure:

Coming off the pump shaft, it's a double d with a hole coming off the end with threads

Thor27
3 hours ago, Colby G said:

Can somebody tell me what tractor this transmission came out of? I'm trying to order a pulley for it and I can't figure out what transmission it is. I did a swap from a charger 12 thinking it was also a charger 12 (which it was not) and now I cannot figure out what transmission it is...spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Sorry Colby, I was referring to what it possibly came out of as GT-14?  I am not at all versed in sunstrand and have never seen a double D input. I should have read the rest of the way down the page as C-series Don, and WHX? are both much brighter than I.

• Haha 1

Ed Kennell

The double d shaft and the tee handle bypass tow valve looks like  Sundstrand #90-2062.

• Like 3

WHX??
9 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Most  WH likely hydro pulleys are 5/8 width

True except '67 and earlier. Might not find a pully in 4L belt size to fit if indeed it is a GT 14 rear end. 

That motor you should be running a 5L belt anyway. 

pfrederi

I looked at parts listings for the old Wheelamatics (875 1075 1076) and some GT14 listings.  All of diagrams showed a round shaft with keyway. I know diagrams are not always accurate but they all showed and listed a part number for a woodruff key.  Would not be using one of those on flat side shaft...

Is there a metal Sunstrand Tag attached somewhere on the pump???

gt14rider

This is a GT14. The tag would be between tool box and pump. 69, 70 used 8144, then I think that changed to using the double pulley, the double pulley could have had the double D drive. The early pulley shaft had failed and changed to the 1 piece pulley .  If someone has a 73 gt14 parts list there could be a p/n#. 

Screenshot_20231218-211412_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231218-211453_Gallery.jpg

Edited by gt14rider

gt14rider

There's one on ebay. 100244.

Screenshot_20231219-100415_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

ML3

Doing a little post work maint/inspection. Got about 6" of heavy wet snow last night. Decided to take day off today to play clearing driveway. 

First thing is now I definitely need a 2stage. The single stage just kept clogging & it doesn't throw very far. My original hard turf tires are terrible, I was expecting that. Also, because of my back, definitely need a hydro- especially for the lift

Gave up on C105 blower & broke out 654. Battery decided to die so had to jump it. It definitely pushed the wet snow pretty good. Tires are really good on it.  Almost done & got it jammed in 2 gears. Gotten pretty at fixing that! Lol. I know there's an ultimate fix but transmissions are my kryptonite. 

Finally finished off with my 26" Toro 2stage walk behind. Made easy work of the snow. The power steering is a great thing! 

20231219_105759.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Colby G
6 hours ago, pfrederi said:

I looked at parts listings for the old Wheelamatics (875 1075 1076) and some GT14 listings.  All of diagrams showed a round shaft with keyway. I know diagrams are not always accurate but they all showed and listed a part number for a woodruff key.  Would not be using one of those on flat side shaft...

Is there a metal Sunstrand Tag attached somewhere on the pump???

I didn't see one

Colby G
5 hours ago, gt14rider said:

There's one on ebay. 100244.

Screenshot_20231219-100415_Chrome.jpg

Are you sure thats the one I need? Looks right but I want to make sure, already bought one that wasn't the right size due to error. 

Pullstart
On 12/10/2023 at 2:43 PM, ebinmaine said:

IMG_20231210_153722.jpg

can’t decide which front tires y’all like more EB and BBT?

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

can’t decide which front tires y’all like more EB and BBT?

BBT popped a tire and was mid task so she borrowed one from Millie.   

• Haha 3