Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Ed Kennell
2 minutes ago, WheelHorseNut said:

Wow -- that is a nice look!  Question -- is it night and day with those turf tires and wheel weights as far as stopping slippage?

We shall see.   I just put them on today.   I only use this 417 for mowing and I do experience some tire spinning on my steep areas.  This extra weight should help.

• Like 3

johnnymag3
17 hours ago, balconio said:

Red paint

PLEASE

whtractors24

Cleaning / going through my new 56’

IMG_8527.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

ML3

Started taking apart Suburban rat rod project. Need to get shelf built in garage 1st to put the RJs & Suburban on. I need the room to work on the Suburban 

IMG_20231021_141841875.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

davem1111

The seat has been wobbly on my GT-1848 for quite a while, and the bad habit of putting a hand and lots of weight on the seat back when getting on and off had made it worse, so I decided it was time to see what was going on. The metal was cracked on both sides where the cross brace that the seat hinges attach to (sorry, no picture, but I'm guessing most of you have seen this kind of damage before).  I thought about welding some new metal on there, but realized that I had a cross brace that went further up to reach the next set of holes, so I went with that. While I had the seat and fender off I replace the mangled hydro fan, cleaned and lubed the hydro linkage and fins, and dropped a new seat on it. I also had found this old toolbox which I painted red, made a bracket for it and mounted it on the fender. I think this will come in handy. 

[ yeah, I know the deck looks bad - this is the worst of 3 48" SD's I have, been using it out in the fields. It will probably get some TLC this winter.... oh, and a WH logo will eventually replace or cover up the B&S logo the PO put on the Honda engine. B) ]

thumbnail_IMG-1082.jpg.e697eee44f577fd7b60e3866d13d6941.jpg

No pictures on this yet but I did some work on my 417-H steering column, and started fabbing a motion pedal for it. 

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

kpinnc
20 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

yeah, I know the deck looks bad

Looks fine from here. At least you still use it! 

Very few man made items these days still in use after 50+ years. Paint fades... But the deck still works! :thumbs:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

@davem1111 it would be a great idea to cut those wheel weight studs right down tight.  Shin killers right there, ask me how an know!  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

davem1111
4 hours ago, Pullstart said:

@davem1111 it would be a great idea to cut those wheel weight studs right down tight.  Shin killers right there, ask me how an know!  :lol:

Yeah, I just thought about that this weekend, but so far I haven't lost any blood because of those.... just dumb luck I guess. I think I'll not only cut them off but I'll get some rubber caps to put on them. I know what those kind of encounters feel like - reminds me of running behind the truck, forgetting that the hitch was sticking out. My shins look like a mountain range from the damage I've done to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thor27
On 10/23/2023 at 6:19 AM, davem1111 said:

The seat has been wobbly on my GT-1848 for quite a while, and the bad habit of putting a hand and lots of weight on the seat back when getting on and off had made it worse, so I decided it was time to see what was going on. The metal was cracked on both sides where the cross brace that the seat hinges attach to (sorry, no picture, but I'm guessing most of you have seen this kind of damage before).  I thought about welding some new metal on there, but realized that I had a cross brace that went further up to reach the next set of holes, so I went with that.

I'd go a step farther and look at the transaxle to F plate bolts too.  If they're loose that will cause the hood stand to crack.  

Edited by Thor27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977
On 10/23/2023 at 9:19 AM, davem1111 said:

The seat has been wobbly on my GT-1848 for quite a while, and the bad habit of putting a hand and lots of weight on the seat back when getting on and off had made it worse, so I decided it was time to see what was going on. The metal was cracked on both sides where the cross brace that the seat hinges attach to (sorry, no picture, but I'm guessing most of you have seen this kind of damage before).  I thought about welding some new metal on there, but realized that I had a cross brace that went further up to reach the next set of holes, 

I added 1/8" x 1 1/2" flat on top of the broken ends each side extended it up under the shifter plate and used the shifter plate bolts to hold them in place. I also added a1/8" x 2" across because I was raising the fender pan for 25" tires. The 2" channel is 1 3/4" long to match the 1 3/4" I raised the fender bracket.

SAM-0740.jpgSAM-0741.jpg

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Wheelhorse#1

Had a issue with the B-80 periodically surging.

Though it was possibly carb issue  readjusted carb no change.Pulled carb apart and cleaned no change.

Checked points and found this…

Anyone else have this issue,I thought kohler points were better than aftermarket maybe I just got a bad one ? I just installed them this spring …weird 

IMG_7349.jpeg

Edited by Wheelhorse#1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

ebinmaine
57 minutes ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

Had a issue with the B-80 periodically surging.

Though it was possibly carb issue  readjusted carb no change.Pulled carb apart and cleaned no change.

Checked points and found this…

Anyone else have this issue,I thought kohler points were better than aftermarket maybe I just got a bad one ? I just installed them this spring …weird 

IMG_7349.jpeg

Maybe a bad condenser

• Like 1

Wheelhorse#1
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Maybe a bad condenser

Interesting .Maybe Causing to burn hotter than normal ? 

• Like 1

8ntruck

@Sodaking27 those wheels powder coated?

Sodaking27
52 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

@Sodaking27 those wheels powder coated?

Yes they were powder coated.

• Like 1

rmaynard
10 hours ago, Sodaking27 said:

Yes they were powder coated.

Don,