Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Colby G
1 minute ago, Brockport Bill said:

besides the excellent resource here -- there is also Tractordata.com

Ok, I will have to check there

• Like 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, Colby G said:

That's another problem, I don't have pics or access to the tractor yet. I haven't received it yet.

So what information do you have?

Any pics?

Year?

Engine?

Transmission?

• Like 1

Colby G
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

So what information do you have?

Any pics?

Year?

Engine?

Transmission?

I've done a little digging on tractordata.com and I believe it's a 208-4 or 2084sb, can you give me any info on these particular models?

• Like 1

johnnymag3

Save your money and time....  :text-imsorry:    ..This is a less than desirable / dependable Wheel Horse.  Very much like a  MTD / Craftsman / Yard Machine etc. of its time. They are stamped out of the same cloth, just painted a different color...

Just My .02 cents. After 50 + years of WH only,  you learn a few things :) 

John  :text-imsorry:

Edited by johnnymag3
  • Like 2

TonyToro Jr.

Gave my 310-8 a well deserved spark plug change.

C01F7B54-638B-477A-B19C-D5B351A3FF45.jpeg

72A78F07-D6D6-4B73-8C90-25876DA017EF.jpeg

5814F8C8-40EF-46A6-8319-D3B2C7BEB886.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

mrc

i see where tonytoro jr. got a nice looking seat from matt castagno.  does matt sell seats?   how can i contact him?   i tried pm but, no good.

thank you

mike

• Like 1

Handy Don

Assembled an Attach-a-matic to the bracket I made last week and mounted them on the 854. I added flanges to the rearward side members to fit over the still-attached mid-hitch--that way I got to use two bolts on each side.

Didn’t quite get the hole for the front hood base screw lined up so that’ll have to be remedied. Once done, I’ll make up a new, much longer, thumbscrew.

IMG_5258.jpg.07d6a229b9d84d86e9810ec1423b9924.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg.6b1d0b4b372dd09b440e7171e232d64a.jpg

Bar in place to take measurements for the next step--a hanger for front weights.

IMG_5260.jpg.0f6a04644dbba8bd933bbc92a195fa23.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 8

oliver2-44
3 hours ago, mrc said:

i see where tonytoro jr. got a nice looking seat from matt castagno.  does matt sell seats?   how can i contact him?   i tried pm but, no good.

thank you

mike

@mrc Matt isn’t on RS much so probable hasn’t seen your pm. Maybe @TonyToro Jr. can pm you his email address. 

• Like 1

johnnymag3

PM sent Mike....  MRC ......  as to Castagno seat. I have a few, nice work. The Father-in-law is a retired upholsterer.

John

I have his info :) 

Edited by johnnymag3
  • Like 2

The Freightliner Guy

has anyone here ever put a predator 212 in a round hood before? mainly suburbans or rjs? if so howd it fit what did you have to take off

WHGuy413
7 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

has anyone here ever put a predator 212 in a round hood before? mainly suburbans or rjs? if so howd it fit what did you have to take off

I personally haven’t put one in but my friend installed a Kohler engine of similar size in his old Rj-58 (mine now). Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of it in it but he took the gas tank off and used the original tank under the hood. He also modified the air filter assembly to get it to fit under the hood. 

WHGuy413

No pictures but the last few nights before the mosquitoes come out looking to drain me of every last drop of blood I have been working on @WheelHorse_Kid’s B-100. It doesn’t have a key switch. When we got it we were showed how to jump the starter and power the points and off Alex went. But one night with it parked In probably the worst spot it could be in the garage (hydro) I tried to do the jump to the starter and it wouldn’t work. Several other attempts and still nothing. Alex told me since I broke it I had to fix it. 🤦🏼‍♂️. Well I finally put some time and effort in it. I was afraid I fried the starter but thankfully i was wrong. I did clean it since I had it off and that helped a ton. Still no key switch but I’ve got it turning over, spark and ready for him tomorrow. Need to move it out of the way to put some show tractors in storage. Tonight I also worked on my friends C-100 with a stuck engine. But no luck on that. Stuck solid. Back at that mess this weekend. Anyone have any tricks to free up an engine that is stuck from sitting? I drove Alex’s c-121 tonight too. What a smooth running tractor minus it needs a drive belt. Trying to track down that info so we can replace that. No luck yet.

• Like 1

Colby G
7 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

You would probably have to do some modifying, but I've done it to my 73' no name. 

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, WHGuy413 said:

drove Alex’s c-121 tonight too. What a smooth running tractor minus it needs a drive belt. Trying to track down that info so we can replace that. No luck yet.

If that's a manual transmission you REALLY should use an original belt. 

That's a Wheelhorse part number 7473. 

Aftermarket belts aren't quite the same length and I've had trouble keeping them long term.  

Lowell sells them and so do many flee bay sources. 

If it's a hydro it'll be a 7478. 

Aftermarket is fine for those.  

6 hours ago, WHGuy413 said:

Tonight I also worked on my friends C-100 with a stuck engine. But no luck on that. Stuck solid. Back at that mess this weekend. Anyone have any tricks to free up an engine that is stuck from sitting?

On a single cylinder engine you really should partially disassemble it to see what's frozen if you can. 

Pull the head, carb, and valve/breather cover. 

It may be obvious by then. 

Other than that...

The biggest thing is time. No wizardry or chemical is going to make that free. 

Fill the WHOLE BLOCK with Marvel Mystery Oil or a 50/50 mix of ATF and Acetone. 

Walk away. 

Don't even think about it for a minimum 1 week. 

Likely a lot longer.  

• Like 1

WHGuy413
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

If that's a manual transmission you REALLY should use an original belt. 

That's a Wheelhorse part number 7473. 

Got one on the way. Thanks 

4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

On a single cylinder engine you really should partially disassemble it to see what's frozen if you can. 

Pull the head, carb, and valve/breather cover. 

It may be obvious by then. 

Other than that...

The biggest thing is time. No wizardry or chemical is going to make that free. 

Fill the WHOLE BLOCK with Marvel Mystery Oil or a 50/50 mix of ATF and Acetone. 

Walk away. 

Don't even think about it for a minimum 1 week. 

Likely a lot longer.  

We pulled the head off last night. He put a bottle of marvels in it but it must have leaked out from the exhaust valve which is open. I poured some around the piston this morning. Hopefully we get it. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, WHGuy413 said:

Got one on the way. Thanks 

We pulled the head off last night. He put a bottle of marvels in it but it must have leaked out from the exhaust valve which is open. I poured some around the piston this morning. Hopefully we get it. 

You will. Just a matter of time and patience.

With the head off, see if the valves rotate by hand.

The Freightliner Guy
12 hours ago, Colby G said:

You would probably have to do some modifying, but I've done it to my 73' no name. 

if you look on mystery rj i have a short of the engine im just wondering if itll fit with the tank on

Lee1977
On 9/12/2023 at 10:26 PM, Handy Don said:

Assembled an Attach-a-matic to the bracket I made last week and mounted them on the 854. I added flanges to the rearward side members to fit over the still-attached mid-hitch--that way I got to use two bolts on each side.

Didn’t quite get the hole for the front hood base screw lined up so that’ll have to be remedied. Once done, I’ll make up a new, much longer, thumbscrew.

IMG_5258.jpg.07d6a229b9d84d86e9810ec1423b9924.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg.6b1d0b4b372dd09b440e7171e232d64a.jpg

Bar in place to take measurements for the next step--a hanger for front weights.

IMG_5260.jpg.0f6a04644dbba8bd933bbc92a195fa23.jpg

I had to saw the hood hinges off my raider to install the front hitch. I drilled and bolted it to the front and made a new longer axle pin. and a 5/8" spacer behind the hitch.  spaced in the raider hood brackets and bolted them to the hitch.  Those formed Raider axle brackets are hard takes good drill bits to drill it.

SAM-1741.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Handy Don
36 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

Those formed Raider axle brackets are hard takes good drill bits to drill it.

Much more complex than doing the 854. I specifically wanted to use available holes to avoid drilling any parts of the frame.

My setup mimics the “factory” add on for the short-frame owners wanting to use a deck needing a front mule.

I’m content with the side PTO setup for my mower deck but when occasionally moving loaded garden carts uphill 30-40 lbs of easy on/easy off front weight will make things safer.

• Like 1

Lee1977
9 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Much more complex than doing the 854. I specifically wanted to use available holes to avoid drilling any parts of the frame.

My setup mimics the “factory” add on for the short-frame owners wanting to use a deck needing a front mule.

I’m content with the side PTO setup for my mower deck but when occasionally moving loaded garden carts uphill 30-40 lbs of easy on/easy off front weight will make things safer.

That works great for the short frame puts the hitch at the same place as the long frame. My raider is a long frame so I didn't want to have longer deck drive belts. I also changed to Tack-a Matic mid hitch just like my later model WH's.

• Like 1

Handy Don
7 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

I also changed to Tack-a Matic mid hitch just like my later model WH's.

Yeah, the newer, 3-bolt attach-a-matic mid hitches are a nice improvement over the 2-bolt flavor for operating. Are the dimensions different vis-a-vie how implements attach?

• Like 1

WHGuy413
2 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

if you look on mystery rj i have a short of the engine im just wondering if itll fit with the tank on

Looking at pictures of the engine and knowing Reese has a cut hood it may just fit with the gas tank on the engine. 

The Freightliner Guy
2 minutes ago, WHGuy413 said:

Looking at pictures of the engine and knowing Reese has a cut hood it may just fit with the gas tank on the engine. 

ive mounted the tank and it seems like itll clear imma test run it today

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1