Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

c-series don

@TonyToro Jr. You do know we’re going to need some pictures of you and your tractor in action tomorrow! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

TonyToro Jr.
2 minutes ago, c-series don said:

@TonyToro Jr. You do know we’re going to need some pictures of you and your tractor in action tomorrow! 

Yes, I will get as many as possible!

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

The Freightliner Guy
24 minutes ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

Quickly brought up the C-145 when I got home from school to change the tires, chains, and wheel weights. Fueled it up, greased and lubes everything. And now it’s ready for tomorrows storm! And gave it a new spot in the barn and put my 310-8 that was there in the back.

No school yay!!

0ED71820-C700-4FA9-A89E-E6AC8005B60B.jpeg

4216554D-BCBE-46C9-970D-E0FFA5201011.jpeg

D979CC21-5014-476B-AE00-60AE4A356E27.jpeg

lucky i wish mine worked but im still soaking down the last shroud bolt with WD and all the others are snapped

• Sad 7

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, c-series don said:

2 minutes ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

Yes, I will get as many as possible!

You catch on quick young'n. 

:laughing-rolling:

• Like 5

Kevin Bowley
10 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

lucky i wish mine worked but im still soaking down the last shroud bolt with WD and all the others are snapped

WD is nearly useless as a penetrating oil my good sir. Here is a true, unbiased test of penetrants by "Project Farms" Penetrating oils tested in the real world.   If I recall correctly, Liquid wrench outperformed all save a mix of 50/50 ATF/Acetone. Kroil also did very well but is VERY expensive with no real-world advantage.

Which shroud are you referring to?  The discharge chute keepers? 

Your user name caught my attention as I am a 2 million mile over the road owner operator. My first machine was an "82 Kenworth W900 with a 400 Cummins (Hard riding piece of crap) and in 1986 I bought a new FLC120 260" wheelbase glider with Neeway big bag air ride and a V-8 souped up cat (courtesy of Salt Lake City Cat who dyno tuned it) and an Great Dane Air ride 48' reefer with all aluminums and stainless front and rear I traded it in 1992 for the new Intigral air ride cab FLD120 and a spanking new fancy dancy Great Dane with a Carrier Ice Cream unit that would hold -20 in 110 degree Arizona heat. I got rid of the 4 MPG V-8 and got the last of the mechanical pump four ina quarter Cats. After two west coast trips I brought it into Salt Lake City Cat to make that baby talk to me...I was never out-pulled, not once, it was stronger than the V-8 was. She had a 15 over with 3.70's and would hold 100mph fully grossed out...that was one sweet machine. Decked out to the max with every option possible, dual 6" Straight pipes, all aluminums, air cab, air ride front end, Bose stereo, fridge, rear climate control, Queen bed, generator for fuel saving when sitting/waiting for a load. I hauled mostly fresh, straight Maine lobster meat out west (stuff was 30.00 per LB wholesale and I had to be insured and bonded for 1 million to haul it. A full load was about 30,000 Lbs.) to L.A., Florida, Vegas, Houston, Seattle etc. and haul produce back to the Boston market, Shaw's or Hannaford's.  I had my own authority and used good honest brokers such as Allen Lund. Then I sold that as a complete unit in '97 (Got ROYALLY screwed on capital gains tax as I wrote the entire unit off in depreciation over 5 years) and went to school and got my Microsoft MSCE and Cisco CNE and Unity call system as well as Unix/Linux certs. Got a job as a Systems administrator for a large 12 location company with 300 end users and was promoted to CIO with a very hefty salary.  I retired in 2008 at 45 years old and a year later I opened my Small Engine repair shop to the public and I'm still flourishing.  I got so busy that I took my sign down but they just kept coming! Crazy, turned into much more then I wanted. I built an add-on 30x60 building in 2014 and should have doubled it.

Sorry about the bio )

Liqyid Wrench.jpeg

Kevin,

Kevins Small Engine service,

South Berwick ME. 03908

my shop satelite view.jpg

Edited by kbowley
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
45 minutes ago, Kevin Bowley said:

South Berwick ME.

Fellow driver and Maine-uh...

Awesome stuff....

• Thanks 1

953 nut
10 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

Looks like you are about to learn a new skill.  You will need to carefully centerpunch the ends of each of the broken bolts and drill progressively larger holes in the bolts. Start with a 1/8" or smaller drill bit being sure the hole is centered and going as straight as possible down the bolt. Apply some oil as you drill and the heat of the drill will help the oil work is way down the threads. Drill about a 1/2" deep. Repeat the process using a 3/16" bit and check to make sure the drill isn't getting into the taped threads in the engine bearing plate or cylinder head too badly. They are both aluminum and easily damaged. At this point you will probably have drilled through  the edge of the bolt someplace. Use a small punch to gently fold back the edge of the bolt where the drill has broken through. The bolt should come right out now.

Take your time doing this, accuracy is the key to success, not speed.

• Like 7

squonk

Another clean the sidewalk with a broom (or if you need an engine, push mower) snowstorm! :wacko:

• Like 1

The Freightliner Guy
6 minutes ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

Finally got some snow to blow today! Took the C-145 out and one of our Toro CCR 3650 out and did the driveway. Of course I used the C-145 and my mom used the 3650. Both ran good and did the job.

IMG_0897.MOV

0A0F6886-F677-470F-B308-E61E1338E154.jpeg

IMG_0901.MOV

nice one i like it also i love the flashers you got on it!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, squonk said:

Another clean the sidewalk with a broom (or if you need an engine, push mower) snowstorm! :wacko:

Forecast for 8 "+ here

• Like 1

Handy Don
4 hours ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

Finally got some snow to blow today

Oh how I wish I had the compact size and agility to twist in the seat like you do!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

pfrederi

N

2 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Oh how I wish I had the compact size and agility to twist in the seat like you do!

No kidding i am going to have to figure out some rear view mirrors

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

WHGuy413

@WheelHorse_Kid spoiled me on Tuesday. I went in super early to plow at work. He went out and plowed our whole driveway, path to my parents house and where we turn the tractors around with the wood trailer. He’s not home so My Wheel Horses are sitting mad at me in the garage. After 8 hours in the plow truck for work I brought the truck home and plowed the heavy wet snow with the truck. Took 5 minutes vs the hour it would have taken the horses to bust it all up. Still do have a little horse work maybe in a little bit Or maybe just see if it melts. 

update… I sprung Alex from his moms for a while today and he plowed a tad with the 604 and then used my bronco 14 with the 2 stage that came on my grandfathers 1848. His first time ever snow blowing. The wet and heavy bogged the 18hp vtwin a few times but it handled it. This was the first time ever using the wheel horse 2 stage for either of us. I personally think the ber-vac 2 stage I have does better and isn’t as heavy on the front end as this. 

EBA5C113-A052-4C7C-A94B-6079A8FDF4B3.jpeg

Edited by WHGuy413
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

Monstrosity

So I pulled the 1057 out of the corner of the yard and put the axles back in the paint will have to wait. I was tired of looking at it not moving... so I thought the 10hp Kohler was siezed it wasn't..... don't know why I thought that but I had purchased a chi-na yanmar knock off 10hp diesel I herd decent things about the engine so I picked one up. So I have the c120 carcas around and was messing around and I think I looks bada$$ a little modification was needed to fit but it's on! 20230304_144957.jpg.1057a7de9a46639b36c6ea1844565bf0.jpg20230304_160049.jpg.12ee96872a0243899710f9d56eab0bf8.jpg20230304_160056.jpg.ba0c730b123f9ef0d50053b961871374.jpg

20230304_160105.jpg

20230304_172023.jpg.355ae47e0335526f663b6d920442dfb4.jpgsince I rebuilt the snow blower the island hasn't seen enough snow for it......🤬

Edited by Monstrosity
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

Tuneup

Sorry for all the snow y'all are gettin up north. Warm winter in GA and an early spring. The Bermuda is actually peeking through brought out the 516 as a bad boy. Pressed the bulb a few times and fired up. No oil check or anything else - just a topped off battery. Paid for it out in the yard. Likes to stall heading up the hill. That lousy Onan carb has the main on the side of the bowl and I'm not one to carefully measure the float height. Took her out today, made a significant adjustment, checked oil, adjusted the carb screw and she now charges the hill. Next is to get to that back cylinder for a head bolt recheck. Front was easy. Lawn ready for a scalp soon. Stay warm!

• Like 4

ineedanother

Frustrated with two :wh: parts packages lost in the mail in one week :angry-banghead: Made the best of it and moved the 312-8 to the house with a lot less room to work but more convenient. Swapped wiring harnesses and bolted the M10 on. I'll probably fire it tomorrow :thumbs: 

IMG_0625.jpg

Edited by ineedanother
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 3

kpinnc

I serviced the 520-H, changed deck and drive belts, and mowed three acres today. Surprising how much the Fescue already grew this year, but it's knocked down now. The modded deck on the 520-H is a mountain goat!

Still testing different things with it, like height adjustment- but once finished it will get paint and a permanent tractor to carry.

IMG_20230304_174427404.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1