Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

peter lena

@Wheelhorse#1  have never used linseed oil , might have to give it a try!  my first intension is to just stop rust / grunge , retain patina , always done it with aerosol lubricant , let it sit a day , rub it down till totally dry , do it again . paint really buffs out with a palm buffer and cleaner wax . have to try it , if its metal preservation , i,m in . pete

• Like 2

lynnmor

Yesterday when I was stacking the firewood with the loader tractor, the battery suddenly quit and I couldn’t even jump start it with either the jump pack or the electric charger/starter.  The battery must have had a direct short in the plates.  I swapped out a battery from another tractor and it worked fine.

Today I went online to find batteries for the tractor and my zero turn and that was quite an exercise with websites that didn’t work or make sense.  Buying online gives a 10% discount.  Finally I emailed one place and told them I need to just give up.  Well they called and said to come on down and they would have a pair waiting.  When I got there I saw no date code sticker, a closer inspection revealed an embossed date on the bottom and it was nearly a year old, I said it needs to be fresher or no deal.  They then came up with a fresh pair with stickers.  

• Like 6

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

fresh pair

Good catch 👍

• Like 1

Jennifer
4 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

My 856 " Forsaken " project is nearing completion. Mounted new 6-12 tires on the back set of wheels and put tubes in all 4. Painted the wheels. The original wheels desinergrated from sitting outside in the dirt for many years. Engine is running need to finish wiring the head lights and changing the fluid in the tranny.

IMG_5166(1).jpg

20220505_180100.jpg

20220510_075137.jpg

20220617_155906.jpg

20220617_155934.jpg

20220504_170630.jpg

What are the rear tires???

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

D_Mac

NOS Interurbans, very similar to Firestone Town&Country' s

• Like 4

Aaron Coffman

Upgraded my 1981 Wheel Horse C-125 Gear Shifter Knobs back to the original black with some new old stock parts! 

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1655493354779_6943642399923263490.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1655493579658_6943643343137965257.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Aaron Coffman said:

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1655493354779_6943642399923263490.jpeg

Old doorknobs? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Aaron Coffman
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Old doorknobs? 

Not 100% sure what the bronze and silver colored ones are from. They were on it when I got it from my grandfather. Very well could have been. 

• Like 3

953 nut
11 hours ago, Aaron Coffman said:

They were on it when I got it from my grandfather.

Need to keep them as a remembrance of your grandfather,  may not seem important today but will bring back memories in the future. 

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

KrazeyOlDave
15 hours ago, Aaron Coffman said:

Upgraded my 1981 Wheel Horse C-125 Gear Shifter Knobs back to the original black with some new old stock parts! 

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1655493579658_6943643343137965257.jpeg

Where did you get the new ones from please?

• Like 1

adsm08

Painted the flywheel cover for the S-17 yellow, to match the color scheme. Then mowed and washed the 855 for the show. The washing was mostly getting the "extras" out of the treads and the dry grass clippings out of the undercarriage.

c9KrVLP.jpg

eJe29Va.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

adsm08
On 6/16/2022 at 4:14 PM, lynnmor said:

Yesterday when I was stacking the firewood with the loader tractor, the battery suddenly quit and I couldn’t even jump start it with either the jump pack or the electric charger/starter.  The battery must have had a direct short in the plates.  I swapped out a battery from another tractor and it worked fine.

Today I went online to find batteries for the tractor and my zero turn and that was quite an exercise with websites that didn’t work or make sense.  Buying online gives a 10% discount.  Finally I emailed one place and told them I need to just give up.  Well they called and said to come on down and they would have a pair waiting.  When I got there I saw no date code sticker, a closer inspection revealed an embossed date on the bottom and it was nearly a year old, I said it needs to be fresher or no deal.  They then came up with a fresh pair with stickers.  

Some places offer steep discounts on "out of date" batteries. When I worked at Advance we offered 70% off on batteries over 18 months old, and I could apply speed perks coupons to the remaining 30% (so $20 off the 30%).  Every year I would buy two Optima Marine batteries for the trolling motor for about $25-50 a piece, depending on the size and rating.

• Like 4

JoeM

Worked on repairing the play in the hydro belt disengage lever on the C120.

A little weld makes a big difference.

I did smooth it out with the die grinder.

1021413827_BeltLeverholerepair1.jpg.89efb61078056ddad9f61853f5402ccd.jpg1176767594_BeltLeverholerepair2.jpg.500d1473a2b0330e480fe1cc66348e2b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

sjoemie himself

Since i'm still kind of a noob around here I have a question. Will there be, or is there a topic where all pictures from 'the big show' will be posted? I think it would be pretty cool to see what the show looks like.

To all European members; is there a European version of the big show and/or do you visit other shows, with or without your Wheel Horses. And if so, which shows do you attend?

Greetings from the Netherlands, Mark

• Like 2

kpinnc
4 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Washed the 1984 Work Horse GT-1600, and the 1994 520H, getting ready for the Big Show…

Looks like you're ready to load up! :thumbs:

• Like 1

kpinnc
5 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Yes sir… got ‘‘em loaded… will hit Cowen WV tomorrow to visit MIL, leave for the Big Show on Wednesday morning…

Outstanding! I wish I could ride along- maybe next year...

Take plenty of pictures! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Horse Newbie
1 hour ago, kpinnc said:

Outstanding! I wish I could ride along- maybe next year...

Take plenty of pictures! :thumbs:

Look forward to it… next year…

I will take plenty of pics…

WHX??
2 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

Will there be, or is there a topic where all pictures from 'the big show' will be posted? I

Ther better be pics or the folks going will be drummed out the club! You can go to where Silvia linked and see most past shows too. 

Nice 'Burb ther Kev good to see she loves it. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 6