Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Handy Don
4 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

because I ended up with tiller items with the blower

Somehow I ended up with an unneeded snowblower lift bar when I was picking some deck mounting parts at the big show (the seller was helping me load, guess he got carried away). I can send it up to Maine with Eric when I see him on the 23rd, if that's of any help. Tomorrow I'll get the dimensions and a couple of pics and PM them to you.

• Like 4

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

I wonder how good it would work on gravel? That is what I have...

Don

Ours is gravel. We call it dirt. 

It'd work good.  

• Haha 1

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Ours is gravel. We call it dirt. 

It'd work good.  

Well, thank-you! I have been wondering about that... hoping not to pick up too much gravel when I move the snow...

Now... for leaves... I think keeping the blade upright works better for me...

Don

• Like 2

Oldskool
5 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Somehow I ended up with an unneeded snowblower lift bar when I was picking some deck mounting parts at the big show (the seller was helping me load, guess he got carried away). I can send it up to Maine with Eric when I see him on the 23rd, if that's of any help. Tomorrow I'll get the dimensions and a couple of pics and PM them to you.

Nice! Thanks for the offer.. Let's see what happens by the end of the weekend. I'm going to try and get it mounted and working by the end of Sunday.

• Like 2

Snoopy11
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

We call it dirt

Before I built the HellHorse... and used my drag... mine was indeed dirt.

Now, after a summer of dragging, it is beautiful gravel!

Don

• Like 2

WheelHorse520H
8 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

My main mower is going on 15 years with no attention to the underside and no rust or spindle problems. Maybe I'm just lucky! But I've had a bad back for years and just can't get under it to clean it without help.

Randy

I’ve heard that it can be damaging but I have never experienced it. I wonder if the region or weather etc. affects how it damages.

Andrew

Edited by WheelHorse520H
  • Like 2

RandyLittrell

Here is a video of a great way to clean the underside of your deck, according to this gentleman. Not sure if it's the best thing or not, but sure looks easy! 

This is from the book 2 second lean which was required reading and discussion at my last employer. 

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Heart 1

Handy Don
8 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

great way to clean the underside of your deck, according to this gentleman

Yep--need the space, the available water supply, the plumbing, the concrete pad, and, oh yeah, a way to winterize it. 

And notice in the video there were no grass clippings to clean up after the demo.

The guy is selling the book.

• Like 3

Horse Newbie
31 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

Here is a video of a great way to clean the underside of your deck, according to this gentleman. Not sure if it's the best thing or not, but sure looks easy! 

This is from the book 2 second lean which was required reading and discussion at my last employer. 

Randy

A little too neat, and a little too happy...

• Like 2

JoeM
10 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

A little too neat, and a little too happy...

Wonder what he does with the other 23 hours in the day? :wacko:

PS and obviously he has built the ultimate Robin nesting device / weed wacker holder.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Meh…

Wrong color tractor…

:angry-nono:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

JoeM
On 10/13/2021 at 7:03 AM, WheelHorse520H said:

I am wondering about mowing on wet grass.

My son's neighbor has a lawn care business and they mow wet or dry. Says they uses commercial style hylift blades. 

i don't think they have a lawn mower bidet! 

I have thought one of these would be handy, especially on those machines with big/heavy decks!

1141142704_UndercaragePWsprayer.thumb.jpg.e3f246056f24c17f28f96b209b94a904.jpg

• Like 3

Gregor
41 minutes ago, JoeM said:

I have thought one of these would be handy, especially on those machines with big/heavy decks!

These are really handy for machines with heavy decks, or any decks. Just lift the whole :angry-cussingblack: thing. Well, the front anyway.

hoist.jpg.cc351de078ecee5684cfb7cf5f8135c5.jpg

Edited by Gregor
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Andy N.  amazing on the deck blades , bought a deck a few years ago , was close to new , P/O  was trying to use the wrong (  too long ) pto drive belt on it , was complaining about bad cutting . soon as i saw the belt skid marks on top of the deck , i knew what was up . still works like new. those bearings sound starved , you might try some lucas x tra heavy duty chassis grease in those spindles . the higher noise level ,whining is telling you about the grease problem .  the grease recommended is a walmart for $ 5 , that's all i use in my spindles , with no pitched whining  noise , very quiet and no failures . have other details if you are interested , pete  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Oldskool  looks like a good score on that blower , little auger bending (  rare  ) give that an aerosol lubricant soak and rub down  to make paint look fresh and stop rust and save patina. lubrication is key to this function especially at the auger chain drive area and chute swivel base. , should have about 1/2" deflection on that chain to  operate . use a specific chain and gear spray so it stays lubricated . the lift rod and flag needed to hook up , can be found on line or mabey on this site . that auger drive should spin over by hand when properly lubricated , pete  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

JoeM
1 hour ago, Gregor said:

These are really handy for machines with heavy decks

I have a hoist and I roll them out the front, still talking a lot of work....does make it easier. :thumbs:

I like the POR Treatment, grass sticks less. I used easy slide and it to worked okay. One thing is you have to let all the easy slide wear itself out if you want to recoat with something else.

• Like 2

peter lena

@Andy N.  amazing on the deck blades , bought a deck a few years ago , was close to new , P/O  was trying to use the wrong (  too long ) pto drive belt on it , was complaining about bad cutting . soon as i saw the belt skid marks on top of the deck , i knew what was up . still works like new. those bearings sound starved , you might try some lucas x tra heavy duty chassis grease in those spindles . the higher noise level ,whining is telling you about the grease problem .  the grease recommended is a walmart for $ 5 , that's all i use in my spindles , with no pitched whining  noise , very quiet and no failures . have other details if you are interested , pete  

• Like 2

Maxwell-8

I did some engine fitting today...

DSC_0095.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

19richie66
Just now, Maxwell-8 said:

I did some engine fitting today...

Looks good. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977
2 hours ago, ACman said:

Nephew came over this afternoon and brought his little guy . I think the pictures say it all . 

EDDA841C-1707-43D8-BC67-A96228DFC0D2.jpeg.4b211fcf440576fe4871d318e92f68e8.jpeg   04728A6C-A13C-4208-9912-3902017D1855.jpeg.010ebbfdca765058bc28011470368061.jpeg

You better start looking for a couple for him, he's hooked, line and sinker.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 2

ACman
On 10/15/2021 at 11:56 PM, Lee1977 said:

You better start looking for a couple for him, he's hooked, line and sinker.

‘He definitely wants one too.  I do havee this ugly mutt . It now has matching patina fenders. 

EC89AB6D-9C48-46CC-89BA-938C855656DA.jpeg.f6e0b6bbb891f1aab7628956ebf85507.jpeg

Edited by ACman
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

echris

Buy a new lift arm they said. It'll be fun they said...

Hahaha, this is how it all begins. I looked at the brackets as I removed the hardware for the lift arm, and it was a bit ugly. Now the entire fender is loose. Hmmmm... But I don't have enough Regal Red. Although, Page Lumber is only a few miles away. Oh boy, I must control myself. Look how tall the front grass is.

310358829_seatparts.jpg.3ece445ff193c8156009cfc524c01de2.jpg

seat.jpg.7382b09d7e5681894172914c85d05ada.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

echris

It's going to get a bit chilly tonight and I really need this machine back in service, so I used my neighbors old trick. A few carboard boxes, a heat source and time. It will greatly speed the curing process. I just have to watch it over the next few hours while it comes up to temp to ensure there no fire hazards in there and adjust the venting and position of the 75w heat lamp as necessary.

paintbooth.jpg.3b4505db4dd4dd0992117a33b55e6eba.jpg

Parts hanging from #14/#12 wire

paintbooth2.jpg.839157a8250cbe3e7952055e1ec87588.jpg

paintbooth3.jpg.3390bd38136559ef9964bdcbdaa8a524.jpg

I closed it up a bit and added a "security device" (pipe wrench to make sure the track lighting doesn't move ;) )

paintbooth4.jpg.985677ffe7b65526046949701aaece8c.jpg

Not sure if I'll leave it on overnight, although I'd love to. There's an awful lot of combustible liquids in the garage, not to mention a WH and my car.

We'll see how hot it gets inside over the next few hours and then I'll decide.

Edited by echris
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1