Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Just to show Hiram a thing or 2 , I made him drag an old wreck of a Husqvarna riding mower around the field a few times just to get his Ya Yas out

NIIIIICE.  

Well done Mike!!

• Thanks 1

Lee1977
16 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Oh crap! That looks like quite a ride. Hope no injuries occurred. 

Well when the horse throws you off, you get right back on. I did just that tonight. Just to show Hiram a thing or 2 , I made him drag an old wreck of a Husqvarna riding mower around the field a few times just to get his Ya Yas out 🤣

That 4 or 5 years ago I jumped clear of that, I landed on my rear. The large diameter rear wheels causes the front to get up reguraly.  Both times it got me I was backing up, as for me nothing more then a bruse or two.

When Colossus rears up and lands on Eric, I know he's too slow to get out of the way.  At least he has Trina to lift it off of him. :ychain:

• Haha 4

Lee1977

I have been hearing those balance gears in the 312 sing there song. So before they finished I decided to remove them, not having any help I had to jerry-rig something.

Twenty five years ago I would have lifted it off and rolled it out with the hand trucks.

Here is a picture of putting it back on, I used it to remove it and move it out side to wash it off.

SAM-1349.jpg

SAM-1350.jpg

Drill a couple of holes in the lift plate and bolted the board on the added a couple of strips to clear the bolts.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
47 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

When Colossus rears up and lands on Eric, I know he's too slow to get out of the way.  At least he has Trina to lift it off of him

Methinks you'd be some surprised how speedy a big Bear 🐻 can be when in peril.  

But BBT is a good plan B!!

• Haha 3

WheelPuke

I repair a sheared roll pin on the gear selector of my 414-8. I also cleaned off the dirt that my last wash did not reach. Some of that dirt was a 1988 vintage! I now have a happy Horse and Deere ready for the next cut. 

CAC3D07A-CA83-4AAB-AFC5-3F9190FD3B54.jpeg

982B87FC-B994-442F-BFD6-C1D67FAC48B0.jpeg

B71035B2-CAAF-460F-8D39-763789B95160.jpeg

2362A6A5-DD96-49EE-A929-E112D4A021AE.jpeg

1137668B-C6E3-49B1-AB67-F73FD2341596.jpeg

A4F2D33C-0609-4392-8E25-9374AC2258FC.jpeg

8BA87A47-70E0-4EA5-AC62-65C8A9A9C3DD.jpeg

08C91257-C918-413E-8440-0B41C4673EAB.jpeg

C4A8D6BD-D362-4D45-BE2A-BBAFB5135571.jpeg

• Like 7

Lee1977
20 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

I have been hearing those balance gears in the 312 sing there song. So before they finished I decided to remove them, not having any help I had to jerry-rig something.

Twenty five years ago I would have lifted it off and rolled it out with the hand trucks.

Here is a picture of putting it back on, I used it to remove it and move it out side to wash it off.

SAM-1349.jpg

It vibrates more at an Idle and half speed sitting still. At three quarters and full speed it is not noticable in the steering wheel when moving.

It started up easer and seems to run faster then before. It also don't miss going down hill like it did before. The rollers in the balance bearings were not straight they running angled a few degrees.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
53 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Mounted up my Senior's newly restored steering wheel

VERY nice work Craig!!

• Like 2

ptagmyer

Putting the c165 to work today

95AF96E2-1C9F-4C55-B5A8-4B0683FFF753.jpeg

• Like 5

Snoopy11
On 6/22/2021 at 7:53 PM, OldWorkHorse said:

Worked on the 1257Heavys snorkel! Notched out the hood and open and closes mint. Need to make a few brakets to stiffen it up a bit but idea is there probly going to find pipe with a 90° bend in it or get 1 more so I can move the snorkel a couple inches back right now its challenging land rights with my headlight. 

I think the build is excellent... but doesn't it look a little rowdier than it really is?

I still see that Kohler on there!!!

Don

• Haha 1

OldWorkHorse
14 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

I still see that Kohler on there!!!

Don

Haha keeping the bloodline strong with this 1!.... for now.... I did just pick up a opposed twin kohler the other day.... think this 1 just gonna get some gearing work done to cruise the trails. But I'm in the process of planing out a new build that's gonna be more about speed! That one might get a new heart ha. 

• Like 3

Snoopy11
15 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Haha keeping the bloodline strong with this 1!.... for now.... I did just pick up a opposed twin kohler the other day.... think this 1 just gonna get some gearing work done to cruise the trails. But I'm in the process of planing out a new build that's gonna be more about speed! That one might get a new heart ha. 

Whatchya plan for RPM's on your speed build?

Don

johnnymag3
1 hour ago, Snoopy11 said:

Whatchya plan for RPM's on your speed build?

Don

Pulley sizes are far more important than RPM's in my opinion...why over speed an engine that's not made for more than 3600 ?

:confusion-confused:

• Like 2

Snoopy11
1 hour ago, johnnymag3 said:

Pulley sizes are far more important than RPM's in my opinion...why over speed an engine that's not made for more than 3600 ?

:confusion-confused:

Because... it can be made to turn more than 3,600... :laughing-rolling:

I still haven't found pulleys to speed up my tractor... so if anyone can lead me to one... I would appreciate it. I haven't been able to find one that would fit an L-157...

Don

• Sad 1

kpinnc
1 hour ago, Snoopy11 said:

I still haven't found pulleys to speed up my tractor... so if anyone can lead me to one... I would appreciate it. I haven't been able to find one that would fit an L-157...

Just search "3/4 pulley" on Fleabay. Or 5/8 if it's been converted to 8 speed.

Smaller in the back, or go bigger at the engine. 

IMG_20210502_172521010~2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Oldskool

The horses are gonna get a work out with this load

20210624_183550.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

OldWorkHorse
1 minute ago, Oldskool said:

The horses are gonna get a work out with this load

20210624_183550.jpg

Remember stay on top of the horse. U ride the horse don't let the horse ride you! Wise old man once told me that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Oldskool
Just now, OldWorkHorse said:

Remember stay on top of the horse. U ride the horse don't let the horse ride you! Wise old man once told me that.

I will try to remember that. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine

Belt that 16 Briggs right to that whole pile. Drag it anywhere...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oldskool
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Belt that 16 Briggs right to that whole pile. Drag it anywhere...

You can bet your britches I'm gonna try something like that

• Excellent 1

Ifixoldjunk
On 6/22/2021 at 8:11 AM, Lee1977 said:

Just like I told Eric, Mr pond tamed the horses, modify and you have a wild horse again. I have one the 312-8 it has clumbed a fence post, and thrown me one other time. 

You have to keep you eye on them all the time, you never know what they will do next.

Here is a picture of the fence post climb.

SAM-0634.jpg

At least your okay, and the tractor doesn't look to badly smashed. My 310 is pretty beat up from being flipped.

Lee1977

This is the only piece I had to fix.

SAM-0709.jpg

Had to build a fixture to hold it in the proper position before brazing it. 

SAM-0708.jpg

SAM-0710.jpg

The sheet metal was not hurt, just a a few small crashes in the paint.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 2

OldWorkHorse

Finished up the snorkel just need go make a mounting bracket and put the rain gaurd on. 

20210625_151631.jpg

20210625_152003.jpg

20210625_152036.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

peter lena

@WheelPuke , glad you got that shifter fixed , did you do the trans oil also ? also detail grease the clutch linkage , so your clutch response works easily with your solid shifter . replace shifter boot , use grease in the boot hole and on the shift rod , makes it go on easily. we are watching your work  , pete 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1