Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Horse Newbie
26 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Mind it I steal it!? That would be simple enough and look nice. Thanks! 

By all means do it...especially if you think it will be something you and the new owner would like !

• Like 3

OldWorkHorse
16 minutes ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

526A5EFF-56EE-41E2-9A1A-B55A8A1DB357.jpeg

And it looks good doing it! :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wheel Horse 3D
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I noticed the right front wheel wasn't behaving in a manner conducive to accurate steering. 

Had that happen to that old 81 F150 once...on the freeway.:auto-swerve:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wheel Horse 3D

BUSY day! Normal Saturday morning dump run for storages. Test fire and hook chipper to Dug for a tow over to my Dad's.Return to realize Mrs has left with my phone, and keys in the car..so no chillin inside and rotting my brain with tv, so instead I started working on reorganizing the shop to where theres more available space by moving the big 7ft workbench up against the wall instead of the center. This involved quite a bit of moving and sorting other stuff that had accumulated and moving the overflowing tool box, but now I can see some brick floor again!

Highlighted Dugs "Kohler USA", helped Mrs a little with similar reorganization of some of her areas. Clean,lube, and wd40 bath on the 42" Rear discharge deck that came with Dug. Mrs is pretty set on a roundhood or nothin' so this deck will be going up for sale. Next Mrs brought home some used rotors for the other two hitching posts, so I went ahead and got those bases painted.Now inside for 3d print stuff since @WheelhorseBob confirmed that the headlight bezel for the fiberglass hoods is a good fit! (Thanks again Bob!)

20210619_195947.jpg

20210619_190324.jpg

20210619_190522.jpg

20210619_193232.jpg

20210619_195906.jpg

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Whoops! I guess that shoulda gone to the "what did you do today" topic., but it was mostly horse related LOL 

• Haha 2

Horse Newbie
6 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Not perfect but close enough!

Looks good !

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

@Wheel Horse 3D how much plastic spool are you burning through making Horse stuff?  

Wheel Horse 3D
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

@Wheel Horse 3D how much plastic spool are you burning through making Horse stuff?  

Its not too bad. One of the big horse heads takes about 1/4 of a spool.

Handy Don
57 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Figured instead of tossing the case I'd clean it up and use it as a jig

Good innovation

• Thanks 1

Snoopy11
22 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Good built, she does need some higher gearing to be able to use all the ponies.

I know, I know...

Honestly... I have no idea where to start with gearing... and I really don't want to slow the tractor down. If anyone knows if anything like this has been done, please feel free to lead me to the river of knowledge!

Don

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Good innovation

TBH I "borrowed" that from someone here....

No idea who or I'd gladly give credit.  

• Like 1

Maxwell-8
1 hour ago, Snoopy11 said:

I know, I know...

Honestly... I have no idea where to start with gearing... and I really don't want to slow the tractor down. If anyone knows if anything like this has been done, please feel free to lead me to the river of knowledge!

Don

Bigger front pulley! double that pulley-size

• Like 1

8ntruck

Pulled a borrowed log splitter around.  Borrowed a friend's log splitter to split the chunks of birch that have been sitting in my back yard for a couple of years.  He dropped it off a couple of days ago.  I parked it in the shed with the Horse until I could use it, then put it back there when I got done splitting.

• Like 5

Thor27

I had a really warped black hood dash, thought that putting it on a flat cookie sheet and baking at 200 it would relax and lie flat.  It didn't, it's much worse... 

• Sad 5

Pullstart

Some second cousins and their families from up north and from TN we’re here yesterday.  Pool party / family gathering.  14 children 13 years old and younger!  I used the WHRat and Screamin’ Jimmy to tote some of the little curious ones around for a while.  

DB97A8E8-534D-4CDB-84A1-741DEF310AAF.jpeg.3c21e9313f3640f95b2cf260edc45075.jpeg

We received 1 of 2 new 13x13 easy ups and thought we could add some shade to the party.  It went from brand new out of the box to a pile of rubbish in less than 12 hours with one swift gust of wind!  :(

6B930065-0C96-4E9C-82D6-323E1B045EB8.jpeg.02a987e619becb41702eb2158284997a.jpeg

Edited by pullstart
Pictures
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 9

Wheel Horse 3D
7 hours ago, Thor27 said:

I had a really warped black hood dash, thought that putting it on a flat cookie sheet and baking at 200 it would relax and lie flat.  It didn't, it's much worse... 

To shape plastics ya gotta get them warm then press while they cool. Plastic wont really just decide to lay flat until a bit too late for a dash! Try boiling water then press flat as it cools.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

chip61

My 48" deck started scalping pretty bad so I checked the trunnion adjustment-no trunnion there, just the end! Pulled the trunnion off the deck I'm not using-it's larger in diameter (both 48" decks). Checked my 42" deck, it had the larger one so I went to my other good 48" deck and it had the smaller trunnion like the one that broke so I installed that one so I could get back to work. Replaced the wheels while I was at it, the other ones were beyond worn out.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

I greased my ball (sorry again @SylvanLakeWH ‘s eyes) and dumped my tanks in the camper... now it’s time to load the deck and some awaiting tractors!

58A1C656-2624-45D8-839D-780A8AB52709.jpeg

ED848DDA-7F13-4DB2-B1EA-417339EC0755.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Maxwell-8

Since I am waiting on Wheel Horse parts ( yes, still -_-)

I finally got around to make me an adapter for hooking up my turnable Honda plow, that originally came off a walk behind Honda tractor. 

DSC_1140.JPG.dfcd57b4c133a1453974c58552cf8266.JPGDSC_1141.JPG.6cb604e6d052589d55920a6dc4ffb54a.JPGDSC_1142.JPG.e79a3827efddef067886ada51798389f.JPG

Need to test it, and then paint it.

Don't judge me on the welds, they are strong but not pretty, Just 19 year old learning himself how to weld with welding rods on a welder triple his age.

• Excellent 9

Wheel Horse 3D
23 minutes ago, pullstart said:

time to load the deck

ED848DDA-7F13-4DB2-B1EA-417339EC0755.jpeg

Ya'll might have noticed I don't go bananas often. but in this case.......:banana-rock::banana-dance::banana-tux::banana-jumprope::banana-dreads::banana-guitar:OH yeah! can't wait!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
9 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Since I am waiting on Wheel Horse parts ( yes, still -_-)

I finally got around to make me an adapter for hooking up my turnable Honda plow, that originally came off a walk behind Honda tractor. 

Need to test it, and then paint it.

Don't judge me on the welds, they are strong but not pretty, Just 19 year old learning himself how to weld with welding rods on a welder triple his age.

Can I not judge but offer advice?  Awesome build!  Those welders are many times better than new stuff once you get the hang of it.  I’d suggest another full pass on every exposed seam and if it’s a stick welder drag the rod along your joint instead of pushing.  Make small circles or back and forth motion to c9 plate the bead.  Think 2 steps forward, one step back, repeat.  They look great and this is a perfect learner’s project!  Keep everything clean when you weld too, that makes all the difference in the final outcome.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1