Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

SylvanLakeWH

Did they duck?

:hide:

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Did they duck?

:hide:

400!!!!

You nailed it. 

And yes they did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Page 400 heh...?

So... 

Trophy...?

Free :wh: tractor...?

Lifetime RS Membership...?

Or, meh... 

:confusion-confused:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oldskool
Just now, SylvanLakeWH said:

Page 400 heh...?

So... 

Trophy...?

Free :wh: tractor...?

Lifetime RS Membership...?

Or, meh... 

:confusion-confused:

How bout a.....:thumbs:......:D

• Thanks 2

Ed Kennell
On 1/15/2018 at 10:28 AM, Ed Kennell said:

Ok, maybe this will get us back on topic.     Today  I made a safety light and pole for the 312 plow tractor .

IMG_0039.JPG.084969a1b82c8d3a06606472d5551ca3.JPG

Page 1 post 1        

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

balconio
On 3/24/2021 at 6:09 PM, squonk said:

Took the blower off the C-160 today. It will snow for sure! IMG_20210324_133857013_HDR.jpg.d4b4949ca21da460b2bb76451ca6f434.jpg

I had this exact same thought last Sunday when I decided to remove my blower...

• Like 2

balconio
15 hours ago, Gregor said:

I have read, and heard differing opinions about running a str8 pipe. Some claim it's hard on a small engine. It needs a muffler. Others say it's no problem. Opinions?  I like the sound of yours, and no more than my tractors run, the noise would not be a problem.

My experience on N/A bikes, cars, and small engines has been that straight thru exhaust kills your low/mid range torque but can slightly increase hp at the top end of the rev range IF you have a modified valvetrain/cam and can increase the redline. On a stock engine all you're doing is generating a ton of noise and ruining driveability. That said I loved how my stock Yamaha XS650 sounded with straight through 1.5" pipes cut real long... Shorter pipes caused it to pop and backfire too much even after jetting the carb but the longer pipes took care of all that.

Now on a turbocharged vehicle, yes straight through is always better across the powerband than running a muffler but there are much different dynamics at play when boosting.

• Like 5

Tractorhead
5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

The output from the R/R on a Kohler or other engine is pulsating DC. The meter doesn't know the difference. If there is a single diode like some of the later engines use the reading may not be as accurate. 

you be right Richard, it allway‘s depending on what you like to measure.

Our Trainer some moons ago allway‘s told us

The one who measure fails.

That‘s my also my reason why a DC measurement make no sense especially

with a analog meter what is too slow to register short impulses.

so just the collection of much impulses on higher RPM are more usable to estimate little closer.

So in consequences of that the AC current measurement is more Accurate on charging,

to check the consumption the DC current measure make more sense.

Depending allway‘s what is to measure, if a Regulator is in Charging system a DC current give you an response if it work. The pulsating systems are without integration hard to measure.

For bit more exact Values a Memory scope and a AC/DC Ammeter Clamp is a good way to start,

but fully over the top for our use on the Tractas just to see if you charge or not.

a clamp ammeter ac/ dc is a cheap and good Way to estimate if you on a good way

Edited by Tractorhead

Herder
9 hours ago, TonyToro said:

Awesome! That’s what my son wants us to do this weekend. Does that lift arm stay in after the tiller is removed? The tractor we are using also is a snowblower.

Yes, the rear lift arm will stay in.  The install took about 30 minutes, now that it's complete the tiller can be removed or put back on rather quickly.  The rear lift wont effect the functions of the mid lift, you may have to disconnect the cable in order to install the flag shaft for the snowthrower.    

• Excellent 1

johnnymag3

Paint your wagon....excellent movie !!!!!

looks Good.............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse

Finished the under side of the 1257Heavy paint on frame and then tried out a paint on the rims... said copper.... I don't know... 🤔

20210326_153448.jpg

20210326_175759.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

1257Heavy paint

Frame looks great!!

Copper.... Looks more like clay??

What's the paint ??

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse
13 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Copper.... Looks more like clay??

What's the paint ??

20210326_160316.jpg

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

NICE popcorn holder!

:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

@SylvanLakeWH these would hold even more!

45EBF352-3B9B-4BC2-B5DC-239B1FE60514.jpeg

1D2C3E8A-D23F-4B43-A117-7BD672C6C2C2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

8ntruck

Only a popcorn holder?  I was hoping that you came up with a popcorn popper attachment.  Run the exhaust through a heat exchanger to make the popper pan hot, and an 8 gazillion to one reduction off of the PTO to run the stirring mechanism.......

Would probably be a big hit at shows.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

MikMacMike
On 3/24/2021 at 12:52 PM, cschannuth said:

I hooked one of them up to the lawn roller and tried to smooth things out a bit before it starts to get too hard out. A7DF77B2-A385-4E52-B661-725311C8DABA.jpeg.957f5d6e2891dbb268e9c289026af76b.jpeg28045B99-C1D6-4B08-A2AA-6D834CB2A42B.jpeg.159d240b4452cb77fdeb020c3347aa8f.jpeg

When you can tune with your ear its not hard to recognize the sounds, but if theres no pic you cheated us........hehehehehh Just me being a funny guy after 6 beers sitting in the ol shop after a days beating on the old bones. Mike.

• Haha 1

Pullstart
6 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Only a popcorn holder?  I was hoping that you came up with a popcorn popper attachment.  Run the exhaust through a heat exchanger to make the popper pan hot, and an 8 gazillion to one reduction off of the PTO to run the stirring mechanism.......

Like s’mores, I’m not much a popcorn fan either.  Great idea though!  Bill you come down and explore the shop, it’s much cleaner than your previous visits!  Build away, buddy!

• Excellent 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

:woohoo:     Good idea. Glad you volunteered. If you get to work on it you will have the popper ready for the Big Show!          :popcorn:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

:woohoo:     Good idea. Glad you volunteered. If you get to work on it you will have the popper ready for the Big Show!          :popcorn:

:text-yeahthat:!  I’ll stand and tend the gas tank... or pull cord if it’s a Tecky!

• Haha 1

Pullstart

400 pages and nearly 10,000 posts!

Ed Kennell

:woohoo:     10,000 posts.   :USA::UK::canada::norway::bflag::flags-australia::flags-netherlands:           Thank you all for your contributions.       :romance-grouphug:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Pullstart

Unreal!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1