Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

pfrederi
11 minutes ago, sparkie333 said:

Prob. 1/4-20

Zerks are 1/4 28

zerks.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

sparkie333
1 minute ago, pfrederi said:

Zerks are 1/4 28

OK---my bad i was not even here.:)

sparkie333
20 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

/4-20, NPT, NF, NC, SAE) ?

I prolly have a few that need to

I think they found a chart that said they were 1/4-28:)

• Like 1

WHX??

Fabbed some dodad's for a 701 belt guard. Waiting to weld them on till mock up. 'Side's my new to me welder is not set up yet. Ordered the 40 dollar cart and 50 buck helmet from HF over a week ago and no show yet. 

Started sorting tranny cases to get the best ones.... why do I always get the nasty ones. No wonder @Achto threw this project in my lap! 

20210307_121345.jpg

20210307_161142.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Achto
30 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

No wonder @Achto threw this project in my lap!

That tranny don't look that bad. Just needs some high speed media thrown at it and a few new bearings.:D

Any of the gears beyond reusing??

953 nut

I see you will be using a lightweight transmission.        :bow-blue:       With all that metal that turned to rust it is bound to be a couple pounds less.    :ychain:

20210307_161142.jpg

• Haha 7

chip61

What should have been a quick and easy transmission swap turned into several trips looking for something to loosen this fitting. It's recessed and I'm not sure what was used to tighten it but I haven't found anything that will work. The other end of the line that was on the valve has a thicker fitting and would be no problem. I may just cut the fitting off and have a new one made. 

The more I work on this C141 the more I appreciate the simplicity of the CXX0 tractors. What I had to pull apart to get to the valve to remove the line was ridiculous!

20210307_161639.jpg

• Like 1

squonk
4 minutes ago, chip61 said:

What should have been a quick and easy transmission swap turned into several trips looking for something to loosen this fitting. It's recessed and I'm not sure what was used to tighten it but I haven't found anything that will work. The other end of the line that was on the valve has a thicker fitting and would be no problem. I may just cut the fitting off and have a new one made. 

The more I work on this C141 the more I appreciate the simplicity of the CXX0 tractors. What I had to pull apart to get to the valve to remove the line was ridiculous!

20210307_161639.jpg

Weatherhead socket

Sunex® 991311 - 3/8" Drive 25/32" Weatherhead Socket - TOOLSiD.com

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool
1 minute ago, chip61 said:

20210307_161639.jpg

Why would they build something like that?  Have you tried turning the hex piece of the 90* to loosen it a bit?

WHX??
12 hours ago, Achto said:

Any of the gears beyond reusing??

Not sure yet ...haven't got the nerve to tackle them yet. Some might be but like Dick said with all that metal turned to rust.... :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

lynnmor
36 minutes ago, chip61 said:

Maybe a parallel clamp plus an adjustable wrench might work.

big_parallelclamps.jpg

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, Oldskool said:

Why would they build something like that?  Have you tried turning the hex piece of the 90* to loosen it a bit?

It looks like that’s a swivel end to me.  I don’t think that would help unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

chip61

Yea, it's a swivel. I think I've found an offset thinwall crowsfoot that will work. I should have it tomorrow.

• Like 4

squonk
32 minutes ago, chip61 said:

Yea, it's a swivel. I think I've found an offset thinwall crowsfoot that will work. I should have it tomorrow.

Pretty much the same concept of the Wetherhead socket I posted. That looks like a Weatherhead fitting

9:33 into the video explains them.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse
25 minutes ago, squonk said:

Pretty much the same concept of the Wetherhead socket I posted. That looks like a Weatherhead fitting

The video is a tail gate of knowledge discussion.:ROTF:

• Haha 1

Ed Kennell
5 hours ago, Oldskool said:

I would cut the raised boss away enough to get a tubing wrench on the hex.

7192a14p1-a07a-digital@1x_636954482006422352.png?ver=ImageNotFound

• Like 5

Jeff-C175

TORX is pronounced    TORECKS?   not   "TORKS" ?   Have I been saying it wrong all these years?

How about  XAVIER?  is it  EX AVIER ?  or  ZAH VIER ?

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Haha 6

chip61
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Thanks!! That would work. Finding something like that local on a Saturday just wasn't going to happen. Good video, maybe that would've helped the people at NAPA understand what I wanted

WVHillbilly520H
19 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Ordered the 40 dollar cart and 50 buck helmet from HF 

The cart is "okay" but if your welder is longer than the top tray you will have to fab up an extension, the cheaper helmet is just that, I got their top of the line, lightweight headgear adjustments are good and the extra large viewing window makes it easy on the eyes seeing what you are actually trying to weld its definitely worth the extra money, maybe not a good as the commercial units from ESAB or Miller for production welding though. 

• Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse

Got the rear shoes in for the 1257Heavy today! Can't wait to mount them up! 

20210308_160113.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Got the rear shoes in for the 1257Heavy today! Can't wait to mount them up! 

20210308_160113.jpg

So are they "kid approved"???

• Haha 5

OldWorkHorse
11 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

So are they "kid approved"???

Haha she got excited and ran over to them so they must be! Or im teaching her right hahaha 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 5

ebinmaine
Just now, OldWorkHorse said:

Haha she got excited and ran over to them so they must be! Or im teaching her right hahaha 

You get yer woman a tractor then the offspring will need one too. 

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 3

Jeff-C175
1 minute ago, OldWorkHorse said:

got excited and ran over to them

I think she may have thought it was a huge chocolate donut.  That would even get me excited!

• Haha 6