Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Horse Newbie

Worked on my 520H hydraulics, but I put it under the "Hydraulic line removal" thread/ topic since I had already started talking about it there.

• Like 2

WHX??
12 hours ago, Achto said:

inherited the repairs on a WH 1267

Thinkin the fellas might want to see that attachment you inherited too! :D

• Like 1

Achto
30 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

I'll be getting to that soon.:thumbs2:

• Like 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Greentored said:

cold weather camping

You get some free time, come on up to Maine after the snow goes away.

We've got some good quality Middle Of The Nowhere right on our own land....

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

1 hour ago, Achto said:

I'll be getting to that soon.:thumbs2:

I’ll eat some stale popcorn for that!  :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gregor

I remember when my grand kids were young enough to enjoy that.

• Like 2

sparkie333
8 hours ago, Greentored said:

Still, a good time was had, and in true camping form, we ate like kings and drank like Vikings.

That tractor is doing a great job--keeping u warm.

• Haha 1

BeninCT
8 hours ago, Greentored said:

That stupid thing called 'responsibility' has gotten in the way lately, but I'm still lurking here fellas. Did some cold weather camping with a few buddies, and the new 'B-1 bomber' dragged logs for the fire all weekend. 

Considering just getting my team back after the 'rona ripped through the shop, this was probably not the best time to camp in 20 degree weather and come home with the 'crud':hide:

Still, a good time was had, and in true camping form, we ate like kings and drank like Vikings.

b13.jpg

b14.jpg

b15.jpg

My kind of camping!  Trucks and tractors, cut firewood and whole chickens on the spit.  Bet it takes a while to grille those like that. 6 wheel flatbed in back lol

• Excellent 1

Flat Thunder Channel

The video of me fumbling around with my tires is up on the YouTube channel.  I'll include the link of you would to see me fight with those little tires.  Still holding air good!  That mini tire changer was a well spent investment!

I also get into a few other repairs and film a little snow plowing action!  😁 Check it out if you are bored looking for something to watch tonight. 

Wheel Horse 520; Tires, Fixes n Plowin:

https://youtu.be/uq8R5EPgPsk

Thanks!  👍

2021-02-03_17-04-26.jpg

Edited by Flat Thunder Channel
  • Like 4

953 nut
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

Tractor Ride Wednesday... Rylee edition

On such a cold day you should drive the RJ-35 "Nut Roaster" to keep you warm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Pullstart
9 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

On such a cold day you should drive the RJ-35 "Nut Roaster" to keep you warm.

We figured Poppy would have the best bite, other than the Senior.  I had to push her out of some deep heavy stuff once...

• Like 1

peter lena

pullstart , on your deck work , since going over to LUCAS RED AND TACKY GREASE , OR THEIR ,  HEAVY DUTY GREEN GREASE , BOTH WITH A 550 FLASH POINT , MY BEARING ISSUES ARE gone. also repack the 6203,3/4 " bearings on the pto , no noise and no failures. also on the pto inner needle bearing , front ends , the grease stays there . having done decks , I always detail the rebuild , and do not hesitate to change out and improve trouble spots . I  also rustproof my decks , 4 of them are now upside down  soaking in chain a cable spray lubricant , over winter , no rust or rot . the deck metal turns black from the oil soak , since doing this deck issues are all but gone,  good luck with your project , pete

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

haydendavid380
59 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Lookout Kev lube police are after ya...:law-policered: They are right tho :)

Again not nothin done on a horse... did get these in from jungle site tho. Going on Denny ...:omg:Got me naming my tractors now!

Plus a set of PAR36's going on the one eyed bandit the deuce. Product review to follow. If they pan out get another set for the side by side. What is that Bible passage that says let ther be light? 

20210203_174031.jpg

20210203_174103.jpg

Nice. I'm hoping to have a pair of the round ones and some magnet mounts here by the end of the week

• Like 2

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, haydendavid380 said:

magnet mounts

We have some. VERY strong!!

I kid you not... Be careful where you place them. 

My immature brain was having lots o fun trying to remove them....

• Haha 2

WVHillbilly520H
11 hours ago, peter lena said:

pullstart , on your deck work , since going over to LUCAS RED AND TACKY GREASE , OR THEIR ,  HEAVY DUTY GREEN GREASE , BOTH WITH A 550 FLASH POINT , MY BEARING ISSUES ARE gone. also repack the 6203,3/4 " bearings on the pto , no noise and no failures. also on the pto inner needle bearing , front ends , the grease stays there . having done decks , I always detail the rebuild , and do not hesitate to change out and improve trouble spots . I  also rustproof my decks , 4 of them are now upside down  soaking in chain a cable spray lubricant , over winter , no rust or rot . the deck metal turns black from the oil soak , since doing this deck issues are all but gone,  good luck with your project , pete

Pete, Kevin has an xi series tractor here, NO PTO to grease its electric you gotta pay attention to the "details", I agree with proper lubrication but plain ole chassis grease will work as long as its done at the proper intervals, and amounts TOO much grease is just as bad if not worse than none, excess oil/grease attract dirt which can turn into a "grinder", or like the hydro tractors pack up around the pumps bad, my father actually "over greased" the bearings on his CC mower deck with "JD Dozer" grease wore 2 of 3 brand new spindles out in 3-4 years instead of 3-5 pumps every other week ,it was 3-5 pumps right before each mowing session.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 5

ebinmaine
26 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

TOO much grease is just as bad if not worse than none

That's a valid point that doesn't get brought up often enough.

Waste your own finances. Waste resources. Makes a mess.

Thanks for posting that Jeff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maxwell-8
41 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Pete, Kevin has an xi series tractor here, NO PTO to grease its electric you gotta pay attention to the "details", I agree with proper lubrication but plain ole chassis grease will work as long as its done at the proper intervals, and amounts TOO much grease is just as bad if not worse than none, excess oil/grease attract dirt which can turn into a "grinder", or like the hydro tractors pack up around the pumps bad, my father actually "over greased" the bearings on his CC mower deck with "JD Dozer" grease wore 2 of 3 brand new spindles out in 3-4 years instead of 3-5 pumps every other week at was 3-5 pumps right before each mowing session.

13 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That's a valid point that doesn't get brought up often enough.

Waste your own finances. Waste resources. Makes a mess.

Thanks for posting that Jeff.

I pump grease until it just comes out, is that already to much? I have been learned to do it that way.

• Like 4

haydendavid380
19 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

I pump grease until it just comes out, is that already to much? I have been learned to do it that way.

That's what I do too

• Like 4

ebinmaine
49 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

29 minutes ago, haydendavid380 said:

That's what I do too

That's just about right as long as you're sure that the item being lubricated is fully surrounded with grease.

A good example is the front axle on these tractors.

If you don't jack the front end up so that the tension is relieved then there isn't as much grease getting to the top of the pin.

A very important part that a lot of us don't do, including myself, is to wipe off the excess so it doesn't attract more dust or dirt. 

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Maxwell-8
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

If you don't jack the front end up so that the tension is relieved then there isn't as much grease getting to the top of the pin.

I am gone have to make a summary of all the golden tips i get here! Thanks! :techie-studyingbrown:

• Like 2

Pullstart
10 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Lookout Kev lube police are after ya...:law-policered: They are right tho :)

Again not nothin done on a horse... did get these in from jungle site tho. Going on Denny ...:omg:Got me naming my tractors now!

Plus a set of PAR36's going on the one eyed bandit the deuce. Product review to follow. If they pan out get another set for the side by side. What is that Bible passage that says let ther be light? 

20210203_174031.jpg

20210203_174103.jpg

It’ll be nice for Denny to see again!  

• Like 3