Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

953 nut
3 minutes ago, sparkie333 said:

it worked like a charm.

:happy-jumpeveryone:                              :woohoo:                               :banana-rock::banana-blonde::banana-dance::banana-rainbow::banana-tux:

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, sparkie333 said:

I understand --but if peanut butter is talking to me I should be able to answer him.---It would still be ok for other people to see. not a problem.

You folks are makin me crave peanut butter. 

• Thanks 1

Horse Newbie
35 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Didn't want to start a new thread because I don't know if I have a new topic...besides this is "What have you done to your Wheel Horse Today" , and this post falls under that...

after a few months of tinkering with my 520H and trying to get her up to snuff, I have been taking her out for "test flights"

Well today I took her for a spin and this is some video of that...

Does it look like the charging system is overcharging...please tell me what you think.

I'm gonna possibly start a thread on this under the electrical topics

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 1

Jhook
7 hours ago, peter lena said:

JHOOK, INTERESTING THAT I WAS JUST AT THE METAL SCRAP YARD NEAR ME , looking for weight mount ideas , while there  I  was looking at a pile of brake rotors , about the size of a house , waiting to go to the smelter . concentrating on a 2 stage mount point from top of rear end , down to lower rear end pin mount . like an open box frame , also saw a load of solid 3" steel rod , that could be cut up to stack in that frame . what ever I come up with , will go on my 3 horses , pete 

I had been planning on these for a few months now just had to grab a set before they went into the dumpster at work. I like them cause the bottom one is mounted and the top one can be placed on top and removed when not needed. Also theres room for a 80 lb bag of concrete inside the bottom drum, and about 3 bags will fit in the top one. Plenty of flexibility for all tasks. and they are free 

Handy Don
57 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Doesn't do that on my Android phone. 

Win for Android!

C-85

I got some wood with mine :)

1560554997_IMG_27581.JPG.919941253f91aaf8da30b970b16a0597.JPG1381703550_IMG_27591.JPG.8a879c67240e2a3a5588496bd6a58952.JPG328514496_IMG_27601.JPG.019c50cd189fdc5e20b936f4237c9bf4.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 2

Handy Don
31 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

I'm gonna possibly start a thread on this under the electrical topics

Good idea on a new thread. Meantime, 14+ volts at just above idle speed seems high to me but others here have a lot more time on 520's than I do

Greentored

@dmac how did you manage to get ahold of Glen? I have emailed him twice at the beginning of the month about a 701 dash, to no avail. Believe @WHX24 is in need as well....

nice lookin machine by the way! 

Edited by Greentored
  • Like 1

ohiofarmer

I had some fun in the shop today. The two black hoods are moving slowly as it seems every system on the tractor needs attention. This tractor was a pig when it came in and so much leaked oil on  it that it caught on fire while welding..... so today, i decided to abandon the wiring harness and use the excellent electrical diagrams in the electrical section.  If the tractor ever gets sold, the new owner will have a nice runner with the safety circuits still there waiting for use.

I hardly touched the key and she fired right up.  you really cannot complain about the $17 carbs they sell on EBay.  These tractors are quite a lot to do when they need stuff that has been neglected as well as new fluids, cleaned up, slow or not so slow leaky tires. Man what a feeling when they fire right up!!

Gonna slip an edit in here as to what comes next. There are two 141,145 Black hoods, although i am not sure which is what until I match the hoods back up. the pretty 145 needs the gas tank hooked up and the 141 sounds like a little Harley at idle. the c-160 just cranks and starts in any condition down below freezing. the PO had given up on her after two years, but it was just wiring, (and he builds hot rod Chevys ]  I got it for a song. I just got a free Mazda battery charged up with a build dateof 12/19 that will swap into the C-160, so the c-160 battery can be used in the c-121 that had a bad case of a carbonized head.. So the four that i bought way too fast thisfall that all have run on testing should be start with the key and have installed batteries in them.  Still a few repairs to go after that , but they will be external stuff like pulleys and changing out gear oil.

A good way to start the year

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 3

sparkie333
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:happy-jumpeveryone:                              :woohoo:                               :banana-rock::banana-blonde::banana-dance::banana-rainbow::banana-tux:

I SEE you folks are glad old sparlie found one way to work the notification site

• Like 2

sparkie333
2 hours ago, Greentored said:

nice lookin machine by the way! 

Yep any one would be glad to have that rig.:)-------:bow-blue:Questions talking about the trailer I got one that I need to replace the rim's and tires. I know some one on here can tell me where to look on here for a guy that has some for sale. Name of site please.  :USA:ALSO #2 i THOUGHT I seen on here where they explain about change the size of a photo  by holding down on it and putting the size in at that time ----anyone --name on site where to go for that info. Thank you so much. sparkie______________________

Edited by sparkie333
more info.

sparkie333
2 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Win for Android!

Yep yes it is. :happy-jumpeveryone:

sparkie333
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

You folks are makin me crave peanut butter. 

Sorry.

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, sparkie333 said:

Sorry.

No worries. I Love the stuff. :lol:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, sparkie333 said:

talking about the trailer I got one that I need to replace the rim's and tires

Refresh my memory as to what the trailer is...?

• Like 1

TonyToro
12 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Didn't want to start a new thread because I don't know if I have a new topic...besides this is "What have you done to your Wheel Horse Today" , and this post falls under that...

after a few months of tinkering with my 520H and trying to get her up to snuff, I have been taking her out for "test flights"

Well today I took her for a spin and this is some video of that...

Does it loom like the charging system is overcharging...please tell me what you think.

Looks right to me...13ish-14ish in charging is good. The gauge may be slightly off.

• Like 2

sparkie333
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

what the trailer is...?

My trailer is a craftsman I use it to carry around my round it tank.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, sparkie333 said:

My inclination would be to tell you to pop one of your own wheels and tires off and bring it to your local Big box store.

Most of them have a selection of different types and sizes and you should be able to match something up that way. 

• Like 1

JohnD
22 hours ago, C-85 said:

I got some wood with mine :)

1560554997_IMG_27581.JPG.919941253f91aaf8da30b970b16a0597.JPG1381703550_IMG_27591.JPG.8a879c67240e2a3a5588496bd6a58952.JPG328514496_IMG_27601.JPG.019c50cd189fdc5e20b936f4237c9bf4.JPG

Nice tongue weight for traction.  I just hope you don't have to back up while plowing!  : )

• Like 3

RandyLittrell
7 hours ago, sparkie333 said:

Post a pic of your trailer and I can bet we will be able to help with a tire size. It's most likely a 4.80x8 or a 16x6.50-8 

Randy

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
8 hours ago, sparkie333 said:

Its almost cheaper to go to Harbor Freight and get 2 complete wheel and tires.https://www.harborfreight.com/replacement-cart-tire-and-wheel-56181.html... This size or the bigger 16x6.50-8.

• Like 1

sparkie333
16 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

This size or the bigger 16x6.50-8.

OK thank you. 

KrazeyOlDave

Battery box too big? No problem, spray some lube on sides of battery and add Stuff foam 😂😂

14C16330-BF91-41F1-80B1-1F8455E667F7.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2