Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

953 nut
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

hold the tire/wheel up to her face. Voluminous volumes of hot air exiting the area will quickly bring the tire to a pliable temp.

You could always take the tires to Washington DC, that place is full of hot air!               :scared-eek:

• Haha 7

WHX??

Sawwweet Green.... you get the SG belt guard too? 

WHNJ701

Amazing how many 701s have been recently up for sale.  

• Like 2

Greentored
9 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Sawwweet Green.... you get the SG belt guard too? 

Unfortunately I didnt. It needs one- just dont look right without it on this model.....

• Sad 2

WHNJ701
Just now, Greentored said:

Unfortunately I didnt. It needs one- just dont look right without it on this model.....

Good luck finding one, might have to get a single guard and widen it

• Like 2

Greentored
2 minutes ago, jabelman said:

Amazing how many 701s have been recently up for sale.  

This was a bucket list item and the guy didnt even have it listed, thats whats crazy!  He responded to my ad for the Simplicity and asked "trade for a Wheel Horse?"  I figured probably an old vertical shaft bomb or parts donor, and he sends the pics. I couldnt get there fast enough haha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 2

8ntruck

Got a little seat time today.  Ran the sweeper around playing pick up sticks, then hitched the cart up and top dressed the flower beds with the mulch I made last weekend with the chipper shredder.  Probably the last of the fall clean up chores.

Dug the Toro 2 stroke snow thrower out of the shed and into the garage.  It hasen't run for several years, so I imagine that it will need a little convincing to run.

• Like 2

Pullstart

Got some shop time to finish crating a transmission.

@Jhook I got that pulley off :handgestures-thumbupright:

0FBAD77A-F881-4A7A-8189-AE9B2B898785.jpeg

• Like 2

Jhook
13 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Got some shop time to finish crating a transmission.

@Jhook I got that pulley off :handgestures-thumbupright:

0FBAD77A-F881-4A7A-8189-AE9B2B898785.jpeg

Nice. I like the assortment of multiple hammers/crowbars and other large prying objects you used😂 i had 3 different hammers 2 bars and a 4x4 out earlier pounding the old pins out of the loader. Axle seals are already shipped on the way to me for that unit. Going to try and get the subframe built while i swap the transmissions all in 1 shot. 

Edited by Jhook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead
6 hours ago, Jhook said:

The pump leaked a few ounces of fluid on a short drive down the hill. The tire was completely covered and pump was dripping. Stopped and check fluid level, its over half full so that's fine. Didnt leak any more after that at all. Not sure why. Also the pump bracket is welded in crooked putting stress on the shaft. It is all wet around the shaft. Thoughts on this one? 

Screenshot_20201129-123827_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201129-124718_Chrome.jpg

Yap, 

You can use different Sets of Pumps, important is, that you take care it is able to work with side load.

Most pumps needs intent bearings, that will handle a sideway force to destress the pumpspindle itself.

depending on rotation direction on the Pump and PTO also a Car powersteering pump can be used.

They typically delivers 90-160 Bar of Pressure what is more than enough.

the fluidconsumpt is with about 2.9gpm similar to that pump you showed

Powesteering pumps have 3 Advantages 

Cheap (because of Mass production)

usable for sideway Load.  (Belt drive)

Standart Connectors and flanges for easy mount.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ohiofarmer

I re- inforced the trans tunnel with broken out bolt holes, using a bed frame. Bed frames are the best angle iron to use for this repair--thin and tough, but hard to drill.Tried to use a very expensive cobalt Milwaukee drill bit and it was not effective at all. I finally took a harbor Freight step drill ( the pointy one) and i'll be dipped if it didn't work. gotta keep the RPM slow to make it cut.   Sooner or later, if you have a later c-series or a 300,400, or 500 series, those rear holes are gonna bust out.   So the first pic shows what is left of the fender pan. I threaded the bolts from the bottom as studs to line everything up to the fender pan.. The second and third pics show the angle added to tie the gas tank mount to the front seat Z frame support. Check it carefully before you weld the back to the front as the holes must align with the seat pan. I notched the angle to support the Z frame and then butt welded the top. The fourth and fifth pic shows the plug welds from the top holding the bed frame support under the tunnel flange and the view from underneath

You can see the new rear bolt to the left that was broken away before, Everything is now solid  and there is no  twisting load on the seat pan any longer.

I can still remove everything from the tractor, but in a much larger assembly that includes the gas tank support.

image.jpeg.28e5f61bea16ae4d640c873183783a24.jpegimage.jpeg.48fdc7de98e3056c98f53d4fe6de2a2b.jpegimage.jpeg.d300a8f3766e7d6d5a92382e0018f91e.jpegimage.jpeg.f9939650cf65c460359a32a02013b18a.jpeg

image.jpeg.d80fd2d9c023b722cca9f4876448e446.jpeg

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
24 minutes ago, ohiofarmer said:

Tried to use a very expensive cobalt Milwaukee drill bit and it was not effective at all. I finally took a harbor Freight step drill ( the pointy one) and i'll be dipped if it didn't work.

Same experience here...! Been using the HF 3 step drill pack for about a year and they work great!!!

Way better then a standard drill bit to start / bite on steel and quick!!!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

20201130_164014.jpg.a3279940869023ef41703e3f4d092218.jpg

20201130_163659.jpg.cff51c365035450992c7646b86c08d1b.jpg

20201130_163735.jpg.b31b18ed681c2628133228623c884a5a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

20201130_164014.jpg.a3279940869023ef41703e3f4d092218.jpg

20201130_163659.jpg.cff51c365035450992c7646b86c08d1b.jpg

20201130_163735.jpg.b31b18ed681c2628133228623c884a5a.jpg

Is that ford, ferguson,.... ?

ebinmaine

Looks an awful lot like the one on the Ferguson outside. 

AMC RULES

It's a Zenith off of a Pond here Eric.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Figured it must have been something off of a Horse but not something I've run into yet....

One of those early Wisconsin engines?

• Like 1

Greentored

Changed the oil and did a trans flush on the ‘new’ 701 and took her on her maiden shakedown run, she did great! 
Just for the heck of it, took an old sock and some meguires cleaner wax to a few spots. Abort ‘tear down and restore’ mission, this baby’s definitely goin’ patina! 

A7F69AFC-7F26-47CE-9CEA-FAFCE908E89E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Changed the oil and did a trans flush on the ‘new’ 701 and took her on her maiden shakedown run, she did great! 
Just for the heck of it, took an old sock and some meguires cleaner wax to a few spots. Abort ‘tear down and restore’ mission, this baby’s definitely goin’ patina! 

Do we s'pose that's original paint?

Looks great. 

I'm a fresh paint guy for the most part and even I wouldn't mess with that. 

WHX??
7 minutes ago, Greentored said:

I'll be sure to fix the foot rest before I go tearing through the woods @ 90 MPH! 

• Haha 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Bed frames are the best angle iron to use for this repair--thin and tough, but hard to drill.Tried to use a very expensive cobalt Milwaukee drill bit and it was not effective at all.

I have found that the metal is easy to drill if heat the spot to be drilled until red hot first and let it cool. Takes the temper out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

fix the foot rest

That's not one of the Flintstone harsh angle assistance models?

• Haha 2

Greentored
7 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Do we s'pose that's original paint?

Looks great. 

I'm a fresh paint guy for the most part and even I wouldn't mess with that. 

There’s signs of a repaint on the engine shroud, but man I’m not sure about the rest. MAYBE original! 
Something is wonky with those foot rests- they both rotate together WITH the shaft they’re attached to, like something loose/broken, not keeping that shaft solid? 

• Like 2

WHX??
6 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I have found that my rear is easy to drill if heat the spot to be drilled until red hot first and let it cool. Takes the temper out.

Sounds like my wife when I bring a new to me home!

1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Its official now Madge has got the new title of "RS Carb Cleaner" I got his address if you fellas want to start sending them over. Heard tell he works for peanuts too!:teasing-poke:

7 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Something is wonky with those foot rests- they both rotate together WITH the shaft they’re attached to, like something loose/broken, not keeping that shaft solid? 

Welds on that bar broke  loose Green ... they were welded by hand so the assembler was prolly hung over the day that one was made. Tack it back up rom the inside and if some burn marks just hit it with some rusty primer or let it rust over again naturally to keep the patina. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1