Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Pullstart
9 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

I checked the oil on mine yesterday, then got seat time sweeping and burning leaves.

Friday, we got the canoe out and paddled around in the lake for a while.

Spent all day getting seat time in my truck driving to our 'alternate location' in Missouri.  Found a yard full of leaves when I got here.  Only problem is that I do not have a :wh: here to deal with them! :-(

7 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Sounds like Time fore another Horse....😎

Might should have stopped by here again, Bill!  I have plenty of something that would pick up Missouri leaves!

bds1984
17 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

The oil filter adapter just replaces the flat block off plate that is there. Picture is from magnum service manual. Series 2 17 horse supposedly has the plates although I have read where some don’t.

I would also get rid of the shaker plate and install the engine to a regular plate like on a 418 or 417. Give you a little more area below the filter for removal. 

A9886CF1-72E0-404A-8FDD-463E92D9EC8C.jpeg

The shaker plate, in this instance, is actually a benefit with it acting like a trough to direct the oil towards the drain pan.  The obstacle in this case is the heat shield for the exhaust manifold but it is not installed in this picture.  I had to use some bulldog snips to notch out a portion of it to clear the longer filter.  

I have only read that some Series II engines do not have the removable block-off plate and never seen one in person.  Every Series II I've seen has the plate and now that I say that, I'll have a machine come my way that doesn't.  When I saw this on mine I couldn't help but install an oil filter; I like having that option and the extra oil capacity.  

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Ooooooooooo shiny!!

• Haha 1

19richie66

Spraymaster!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

20201109_134815.jpg.c99338c2a07e4185aabf24bf5a6ea3c4.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

20201109_135151.jpg.f9930c7649b4518e6070b809fbb8a195.jpgIn the process, made one hell of a mess to clean up too!  👎

20201109_135151.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 2

8ntruck
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

Might should have stopped by here again, Bill!  I have plenty of something that would pick up Missouri leaves!

I waved at your exit as I flew by.

• Thanks 1

mic575

Changed the oil.  Was over due I think, looked like a porter.  

IMG_7383.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

scWHhauler

Started the tear down of the 42 inch mower deck sand blasting will be next.

• Excellent 1

echris
1 hour ago, mic575 said:

Changed the oil.  Was over due I think, looked like a porter.  

IMG_7383.jpg

But did you take a sip? Asking the real questions.

• Haha 2

echris
11 minutes ago, scWHhauler said:

Started the tear down of the 42 inch mower deck sand blasting will be next.

I'm really itching to start the teardown on my 42, she's got a bunch of holes to be patched, and since I only got the machine a few months ago, I haven't done anything but a general service on the deck. She's my main mower.

But the dern leaves ain't done fallin yet. ;) 

ohiofarmer

It was moving day. my shop consists of a lower garage style concrete section and a wood floor section 30 inches higher. I am struggling to organize for winter and since i had so much luck finding Horses lately,. Long story short, a c-121 is still down on the floor, as it runs and only needs a new head gasket for now. The two c-145 class both need various things so they went up on the wood floor as did the mighty C-160. what a blessing to have a motorcycle lift table rated at 2000 pounds.[ bought cheap and refurbished ]

C-160 not running yet. i have come to the conclusion that I need to just start over with a new wiring harness. . Probably will edit in some pictures....stay tuned

• Like 1

mic575
16 minutes ago, echris said:

But did you take a sip? Asking the real questions.

I refrained, this time.

• Haha 3

WHX??

I think you did real good Kev regardless of the price of the tractor or the cow tails.......priceless! 

Hopefully we get you some decent hauling capabilities and that ride is at Portage next year...we all get seat time!!!!:lol::greetings-clappingyellow:

20190710_153042-1.jpg

20200711_085851.jpg

Edited by WHX24
pics
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

If it’s the ONLY tractor Uncle Jim, it’ll make it to shows!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

echris

What a gorgeous machine!

And I don't use that word often.

No, not machine, gorgeous.

Each time one of you guys posts an old machine, my 310-8 seems more and more meh...

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
11 minutes ago, echris said:

What a gorgeous machine!

And I don't use that word often.

No, not machine, gorgeous.

Each time one of you guys posts an old machine, my 310-8 seems more and more meh...

We ever cross paths... you start it you ride it :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

echris
Just now, pullstart said:

We ever cross paths... you start it you ride it :handgestures-thumbupright:

That's a promise? I'd gladly take several magneto hits, arm to arm, right through the heart to take a ride on that beauty.

Do I sound sick? It sounds like I sound sick!

• Haha 4
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, echris said:

That's a promise? I'd gladly take several magneto hits, arm to arm, right through the heart to take a ride on that beauty.

Do I sound sick? It sounds like I sound sick!

I’m good for a virtual hand shake on that!  Well, you’ll probably need to ask Mrs. P, but she’ll be good for it too :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

WHX??

Be advised Chris AENs start pretty easy all things considering so he gets it to a BS you might get that tool.... Dan's @Achto got one on a Billy Gibson that starts good ...when it wants to! 

• Like 2

tom2p
45 minutes ago, ohiofarmer said:

It was moving day. my shop consists of a lower garage style concrete section and a wood floor section 30 inches higher. I am struggling to organize for winter and since i had so much luck finding Horses lately,. Long story short, a c-121 is still down on the floor, as it runs and only needs a new head gasket for now. The two c-145 class both need various things so they went up on the wood floor as did the mighty C-160. what a blessing to have a motorcycle lift table rated at 2000 pounds.[ bought cheap and refurbished ]

C-160 not running yet. i have come to the conclusion that I need to just start over with a new wiring harness. . Probably will edit in some pictures....stay tuned

any vintage Japanese bikes in the shop ?