Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Jhook

Can anyone tell me if these will fit wheelhorse? The seller said there for 12 inch rims, from a jacobsen. They look like they should fit. If so im going to go buy them after work

Screenshot_20201102-144256_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

Herder

Had time to de-carbon the cylinder, adjust the valves and gave her an oil change.  No more taping and this little magnum runs like a top.  I am starting to like this one.

IMG_1649.JPG.4d4e92ec26f348d4161b4f880c9a4919.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG.d622d9aaa5f17077d47dfa0f1282db0a.JPG

IMG_1659.JPG.4b77b51a3d980513a89e4db640ed3cf6.JPG

IMG_1660.JPG.4f3a036b4adeb10764e8dc53295d1e7c.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

pfrederi
1 hour ago, Jhook said:

Can anyone tell me if these will fit wheelhorse? The seller said there for 12 inch rims, from a jacobsen. They look like they should fit. If so im going to go buy them after work

Screenshot_20201102-144256_Facebook.jpg

12 inch wheel weights are pretty universal fit.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Jhook
47 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

12 inch wheel weights are pretty universal fit.

I figured. Never owned a set other than the small ones on my riding mower. Thanks i will hopefully get them today. 

• Like 2

Pullstart
1 hour ago, Jhook said:

I figured. Never owned a set other than the small ones on my riding mower. Thanks i will hopefully get them today. 

Rule of thumb is that a dollar per pound is a fair asking price.  Anything less is a great deal!

• Like 2

Jhook
16 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Rule of thumb is that a dollar per pound is a fair asking price.  Anything less is a great deal!

Well these are .80 cents a pound! Thanks for the info

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Same color as your  rims, red, black

decisions, decisions, decisions :doh:

:laughing-rolling:

• Haha 1

Tractorhead

I would Vote for Red base color, black rings, and WHEELHORSE letters in white.

oh, there are no letters actually, do it yourself !

• Like 4

953 nut
8 hours ago, Jhook said:

question is what color do i paint them?

Your tractor, your choice!              :hide:             Mine are all rusty, figure the ferrous oxide may add a little more weight.    :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 5

Jhook
33 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Your tractor, your choice!              :hide:             Mine are all rusty, figure the ferrous oxide may add a little more weight.    :laughing-rolling:

Eh you guys always have better ideas. Only thing i could think is just black😂

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Jhook said:

Eh you guys always have better ideas. Only thing i could think is just black😂

I have a liking for the very light antique white of the older tractors.  Was it me I would paint those weights to match the front wheels.

Pullstart
9 hours ago, Jhook said:

Got em👍 50 pounds a piece and scored em for 80 bucks! Im happy. They look great. Now the question is what color do i paint them?

20201102_223545.jpg

20201102_223540.jpg

I used Hammered Rustoleum on Putt Putt’s wheels because I figured it had a bit harder characteristic.  I chose the same for my weights.  After a day of use in a furrow, it doesn’t much matter because dirt cranes so far in there it should be all redone.

Moral of the story?  Make sure it’s easy to do touch up work if you plan to use them in the summer time!

EA56A499-9C21-4806-A713-B4E6D6AD208F.jpeg

2E85E875-6C08-4F04-8E0A-257606E686A4.jpeg

F349DCD9-FA0D-4B55-83B5-E8BC1DB19A7D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

changing over to tygon  clear fuel lines on all 3 horses , the current fuel , "  fossilizes  "  and dry rots  the rubber  , into a stiff cracking form. added wire wrap to any possible chafing spot, along with hose mounts. fresh fuel filters. also installed first plow blade , can not emphasize enough, to  add washers and detail lube every movement point . it swings lie its on steroids'. also rear frame " R ",SAFETY CLIPS , on small swing arms . my  regular  STABIL  additive and sea foam gas makes for instant starting . the rislone , zink  additive I have in all my engines , has literally upped the smooth running in those kohlers . added grounding cables , engine to battery ground rail , insuring all electrical a solid  starting point. regular  maintenance is the answer. stay after it , pete    

• Like 3
  • Heart 2

peter lena

as I said in the past, if you set up your snow plow on milk crates or an elevated base , so you can roll stool around it , you can lubricate , washer , and verify its operation , once you do that , the same easy operation will mount on your horse. that forward steering quadrant , has a removal pop cap for spring pin lubrication . another area to tighten up (  if you want to ) is the lower angle movement rod . coming in the bottom of the quadrant is a sloppy fit , using long needle nose plyers you can washer up a firmness to its action before R PIN  installation . this is what I do, don't mean to step on any toes , red grease ,make it work without effort , pete

8ntruck

Spent the afternoon in high gear and at 1/2 throttle sweeping leaves.  Looking up in the trees, it seems that I'm about 2/3 done.  Lots of oak leaves still in the trees. 

All I had to do at the lake house was to blow the leaves that collected in the 'wind shadow' of the house and sheds into the open, making 3 or 4 sweeper loads.  The rest of the lawn was blown clean (piled on to the fence at the main house) by the high winds we've had the last couple of days.

At least they are dry and are burning well.

• Like 3

Jhook

Got a coat of primer on the back of the wheel weights. Its too cold to paint, but i dont have a garage or heated work space yet. Hoping to have at least a car port next year if not a 10x20 shed if i end up buying this house. But ive had luck in the past heating the paint can (in a bucket of 120 degree water) for a few mins and i also heated the wheel weights to about 130 degrees before carrying them outside. Gotta do what i can before snow flies, can always re do them come spring. 

20201103_194258.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

JohnD
9 hours ago, peter lena said:

that forward steering quadrant , has a removal pop cap for spring pin lubrication

Well look at that!  One on the top and another on the bottom  I hadn't even noticed those.  Thanks for the tip! 

• Like 1

echris
22 hours ago, Jhook said:

Got em👍 50 pounds a piece and scored em for 80 bucks! Im happy. They look great. Now the question is what color do i paint them?

20201102_223545.jpg

20201102_223540.jpg

Those are nice looking wheel weights. I don't think I've ever said that before...

Nice score!

Edited by echris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tractorhead
3 hours ago, Jhook said:

Got a coat of primer on the back of the wheel weights. Its too cold to paint, but i dont have a garage or heated work space yet. Hoping to have at least a car port next year if not a 10x20 shed if i end up buying this house. But ive had luck in the past heating the paint can (in a bucket of 120 degree water) for a few mins and i also heated the wheel weights to about 130 degrees before carrying them outside. Gotta do what i can before snow flies, can always re do them come spring. 

20201103_194258.jpg

I know what deal it is without that envoirement you shall have to use, short before i was in the same situation.

So i crossing my Fingers, you get quick your own Shed, because just work outside ain‘t Funny, especial in this Season.

Just to have a roof over your head and be Windshielded is a dimension in Luxory i never will miss.

With the option to stay a heater aside and you be surrounded like a King..

after preheating the whole Weights and can’s, you can enforce the cure by using a Hairdryer or even a Heatgun.

That works for me as an inbetween solution..

Started thinkering to build my Cardboard Paint Cabin, but i be sure when it‘s built, it will be too small for the next Project.

🤪😎

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

I tossed the 10” plow on Joe, let my niece take a nap on my numb right arm and plowed up a new food plot.

Conveniently on the last pass, the hydraulics quit working and (with sleeping baby in my arms still) I disconnected the hitch and drove away.

A4B13F1E-3DD2-4197-8F70-9C12F8DC4067.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

Pullstart

There was a bit of “trash” in the furrows, but it came out well enough for a food plot!

C4B911DE-E9A2-45A9-BEEC-048F8C2B72FC.jpeg

• Like 6

Pullstart

I think I found the problem... lost a pin!

59910F30-2FDE-419A-AC58-BBA1BB892FD7.jpeg.0fb3bb1ffa0af7d57ac6cca99cc22c50.jpeg

• Like 5

Pullstart

Luckily my helper woke up to help me fetch the plow!

7C5B4398-80CF-49A4-B294-0DECB7BD4026.jpeg

E73B9C49-9DA2-4428-99D5-EC738E911862.jpeg

669AEAF7-2B89-4D18-B927-D26D25260511.jpeg

C8B6F262-D0B8-4BB7-A325-BED43C2926F4.jpeg

83209349-43ED-4C4B-B494-61F572433893.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 4