Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

echris
12 minutes ago, Achto said:

The last time that I used my 701 it was acting up on me. It was acting like it was not getting enough gas. Tonight I removed the fuel line from the pump & turned the engine over, it shot gas about a foot to the side. This ruled out the pump, so on to carb. After dissembling the carb I noticed that I could not see through the hole in the main jet. 

First things first, I can not stand having paint on a carburetor. Pet peeve? OCD? Call it what you want, I don't like it. This carb had so much paint on it that I think a PO just dumped a can over the top of it and let it drip off of the bottom.

IMG_20201019_175754618.jpg.7d35b65080fbe6764cef83ce69dcc728.jpg

To solve this issue & make my self happy, I grabbed some aircraft stripper to get rid of the paint. Please take note - Wear heavy rubber gloves and safety glasses when using this product.

IMG_20201019_185053723.jpg.7bc225d829c4a12abe9edc7606c5761d.jpg

I left it soak for about 10 min and then gave it a light scrub with a steel brush. Rinsed it off with brake cleaner and repeated the process one more time. After 45min this is my end result.

IMG_20201019_184713007.jpg.0793b66d72ecafb1c92271b142fae241.jpg

Clock ran out on me tonight so assembly will have to wait until tomorrow.

When I saw your first pic in this post I said to myself, "Don't paint your carbs."

And then I read the rest of your post. :cool:

Nice!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

Tractorhead

@Achto 

Dan, result looks great.

i wondered what an Aircraft remover in your hands will do.. 😂😂😂

But now i know... 🤪🤪😎😎

• Haha 2

Pullstart
9 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

I went ahead and munched the leaves. 

How did they taste?  I imagine ranch can make about anything better...  :teasing-poke:  :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Pullstart
9 hours ago, Achto said:

The last time that I used my 701 it was acting up on me. It was acting like it was not getting enough gas. Tonight I removed the fuel line from the pump & turned the engine over, it shot gas about a foot to the side. This ruled out the pump, so on to carb. After dissembling the carb I noticed that I could not see through the hole in the main jet. 

First things first, I can not stand having paint on a carburetor. Pet peeve? OCD? Call it what you want, I don't like it. This carb had so much paint on it that I think a PO just dumped a can over the top of it and let it drip off of the bottom.

IMG_20201019_175754618.jpg.7d35b65080fbe6764cef83ce69dcc728.jpg

To solve this issue & make my self happy, I grabbed some aircraft stripper to get rid of the paint. Please take note - Wear heavy rubber gloves and safety glasses when using this product.

IMG_20201019_185053723.jpg.7bc225d829c4a12abe9edc7606c5761d.jpg

I left it soak for about 10 min and then gave it a light scrub with a steel brush. Rinsed it off with brake cleaner and repeated the process one more time. After 45min this is my end result.

IMG_20201019_184713007.jpg.0793b66d72ecafb1c92271b142fae241.jpg

Clock ran out on me tonight so assembly will have to wait until tomorrow.

looks great, but where does it put the aircraft when it removes it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Achto
36 minutes ago, pullstart said:

but where does it put the aircraft when it removes it?

:confusion-confused:  I asked Mr. Owl and he was about as much help with this question as he was with the last one.

youask-him-how-many-licks-lt-takes-to-get-tothe-54016797.png.93a9f8b1ccb2f3a5ef540210d1ae257a.png

I guess the world will never know.:lol:

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 8
  • Heart 1

8ntruck
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

How did they taste?  I imagine ranch can make about anything better...  :teasing-poke:  :ROTF:

I've got a doctor's appointment later this week.  Had to get some fiber to improve my numbers.

Dang spell check.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Haha 3

rjg854

Finally finished going through the Raider 12 that I put the engine in.

Flushed and filled the transmission

Rebuilt the carb 

Rewired the tractor

New fuel lines

Transmission drive pulley and key

Rear hub and key

Repaired hood hinges

Tightened the tie rods

Battery

I'll be using it this year as my plow tractor, I feel like it will work out well. I want to see if the transmission will make a difference in how it plows.PXL_20201020_194531418.jpg.acb539858663bf3d32f08dfeefb2ad68.jpgPXL_20201020_194516823_MP.jpg.5ab71c2c3788fdbc7cb438dfe58964a5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

I want to see if the transmission will make a difference in how it plows.

I can tell you from real world experience that it does. 

Trina's tractor is several hundred pounds lighter than mine and hers has less tendency to get stuck along with a very good ability to push snow given the size. 

Comparing apples to apples of equal weight and power the LSD transmission is clearly an advantage. 

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Thanks Eric, that's good to know. Other than lights, I want to redneck some lift assist springs to make lifting that 48" plow easier on the arm :ychain:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jhook

Had about 30 mins of daylight after work. Removed the home made plow off the frankenhorse. Removed the battery as i wont need at anymore, but its a December 2019 battery that came in the tractor so thats a score. Pulled the rear end fill cap and water poured out, no big deal i planned to flush it anyways. Will add a new shift boot as well. Working overnights the next 2 days along with my regular 8 hours during the day. So the tractor will sit soaking in simple green for the next 3 days til Saturday then i will pressure wash the whole machine and start sanding to prep for new paint. Not a terrible looking machine underneath all the hack work. Let me know what you guys think of it!

20201020_181509.jpg

20201020_181522.jpg

20201020_181532.jpg

20201020_181537.jpg

20201020_181546.jpg

20201020_181556.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

I'll be using it this year as my plow tractor, I feel like it will work out well. I want to see if the transmission will make a difference in how it plows.

Randy, I grew up in Central NY and unless the meteorological conditions have changed radically you won't get by with that blade!           :ychain:

PXL_20201020_194531418.jpg.acb539858663bf3d32f08dfeefb2ad68.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Thanks Eric, that's good to know. Other than lights, I want to redneck some lift assist springs to make lifting that 48" plow easier on the arm :ychain:

Lemme know how you do that. 

Methinks Trina would be interested and appreciative of lifting ease. 

pfrederi
Just now, ebinmaine said:

Lemme know how you do that. 

Methinks Trina would be interested and appreciative of lifting ease. 

Get her a hydro!!!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Get her a hydro!!!

She'll be a tough switchover. She loves her a gear drive. 

But after she gets her hands on that Charger who knows??!!??

Maybe I'll just have to get ME another one.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Achto said:

sediment bowl was plugged ******. Some may have decided to get rid of it but I decided to keep it for sedimental reasons

Glad to hear you got that "settled"....

• Thanks 1

squonk

Crick Rock! :)

• Like 1

squonk
10 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Me thinks I would get that dash tower (hood stand ) welded up before the snow flies! :think:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

ohiofarmer

.  I try to get just a bit done on the pair of c145s I recently acquired. The one tire is flat on the rear, but they threw in a set of Goodyear she that are not badly worn.but look just awful with ground in dirt. Pressure washer did not do much to improve the appearance. Next, I painted used motor oil on them, and pressure washed again. Some better. Then Marvel. Looking reasonable. 

Then I remembered that go kart racers use 100 percent wintergreen oil to soften rubber, and that Marvel smells like wintergreen somewhat. Now those tires really look nice  You can buy this stuff at BMI Karts. Just use a bit on a rag and maybe have Marvel on the tag as well non

• Like 2

953 nut

I decided to keep it for sedimental reasons.                                

:laughing-rolling:                                            :laughing-rofl:                                    :clap:                            :laughing-rollingred:                             :laughing-rollingyellow:

Edited by 953 nut
  • Haha 2

Tractorhead
20 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Finally finished going through the Raider 12 that I put the engine in.

Flushed and filled the transmission

Rebuilt the carb 

Rewired the tractor

New fuel lines

Transmission drive pulley and key

Rear hub and key

Repaired hood hinges

Tightened the tie rods

Battery

I'll be using it this year as my plow tractor, I feel like it will work out well. I want to see if the transmission will make a difference in how it plows.PXL_20201020_194531418.jpg.acb539858663bf3d32f08dfeefb2ad68.jpg

I see a hole in the middle of the Tower, what can maybe missused as an anchor point for a woolen tensioner.

added a single light bended chainlink with two bigger washers, to destress the mountingpoint.

in that chainlink You hooked the woolen tensioner, what will be attatched directly to a spring with about 15-20 Kilo springrate.

the spring end is mounted to one free hole in the Lever.

So the Springforce and length can be adjusted, how strong it supports the liftforce.

That shall help you from bottom to a better lifting Angle and reduced the pulling force.

i hope you understand my chaotical description.. 🤪😎

• Thanks 1

Lee1977
18 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

She'll be a tough switchover. She loves her a gear drive. 

But after she gets her hands on that Charger who knows??!!??

Maybe I'll just have to get ME another one.....

GT-14, 520 -H or a C-195

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1

Tractorhead

Firstly in the morning a new Toy arrives...

1C2CED19-6CCC-4B0B-B7DE-59B7DE35A37B.jpeg.fe7e536e41cb04b0550ee8d62bd9e94b.jpeg

chakka - no longer a pleaseplease for Cutting my Steel.

i ordered finally a Bandsaw for the Workshop for the Next Project.

Than it was time to cleanup the Area, 

so i brought all my Machines out of Shed and give them all a adequate Seat time.

I begin with the 656 Horse, what have the whole Area to mow, what it did like a Champ.

The Mowerdeck runns smoothly and cuts quite well.

Than i changer over to the 212 Horse, what cleans up all that Mess after cutting and the leaves.

At least the Beast get it‘s Seattime, to dump the lawnsweeper Cart.

than again the 212 and finally again the Beast.

FBAEF276-5933-4993-9C40-070C16F0D60C.jpeg.b4ecc4808f6897904edc27c7be932fbb.jpeg

After all was done, i cleaned out my Horses with the Cleanout Lifter...

C2026FB8-28C6-4F28-94D0-B3B74D1FCEE2.jpeg.7d6a21bb8f0c133d7d85637ab2f977aa.jpeg

did i mentioned, i love Hydraulic Force..

what an easy Cleaning procedure.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Confused 1