Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Jhook

Greased up the 315 for the first time. Have put about 6 hours on it since i bought it. The carbyne mini grease gun is well worth the money. I only own the mini 3oz guns as i have no use for a big grease gun and this is by far the best one i have used. Well worth the money. Oil change coming in the near future along with air filter as i have no idea when it was serviced last by the previous owner. 

20200724_172502.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Redneckdavis
On 7/24/2020 at 7:34 AM, 953 nut said:

One of the small terminals on the 4 wire solenoid needs to be grounded.solenoid.jpg.7b31755b259ee3b775bf066265c59266.jpg

FYI. Cole hersee 24612-10-BX from Napa similar to this picture.  Hot from batt on right above that starter switch. . Left side is starter and small terminal left is to ground. . Ah hah. 4 terminal non Ford style hooked and working on my pull horse. . 

Batt cables swapped. 

Fuel lines ran. 

Now just have to wait on my custom fuel tank (6in stainless pipe,12" long,approx 1 gal)  and to order a new fuel pump

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

TonyToro
13 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Trina and I played car mechanic for a bit this morning then she and her mom played in the forest for awhile.

They moved a BUNCH of wood around, split some, brought it up to the yard.

I got the Charger Hydro moving on its own power.

IMG_20200725_175830.jpg

IMG_20200725_175828.jpg

Awesome! We must have been working on hydros at the same time. The C-145 We were working on runs and cuts now too.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

953 nut
10 hours ago, Redneckdavis said:

custom fuel tank (6in stainless pipe,12" long,approx 1 gal)

Sounds cool,               :wwp:

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
55 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

Loaded and heading for our first pull of the year.

Tony—is your son going to pull too?  Please get some pics and post them here along with how you guys do in the standings!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

jhook. take advantage of that quick and easy deck drop, and regularly clean out the bottom of that deck , if you want to, you can penetrating oil spray down the bottom side and leave it in the sun to heat up and suck in the oil to the metal, that will stop the rot and grunge cycle . lucas red n tacky grease on those spindles makes a huge difference . stay on it , pete 

• Thanks 1

johnnymag3
19 minutes ago, peter lena said:

jhook. take advantage of that quick and easy deck drop, and regularly clean out the bottom of that deck , if you want to, you can penetrating oil spray down the bottom side and leave it in the sun to heat up and suck in the oil to the metal, that will stop the rot and grunge cycle . lucas red n tacky grease on those spindles makes a huge difference . stay on it , pete 

Lucas is by far the best ever in lubricants....I use it in EVERYTHING

IMG_0281.JPG

• Like 3

peter lena

• Like 1

peter lena

johnnymag3, here is another lubrication additive i use , you will notice the difference and mechanical ease in engine running , i add two ounces to my engine oil , RISLONE , ZINC  , GOT MINE ON LINE, WITH AMAZON PRIME , best price and most ounces ,free shipping . use it in my 3 horses , and the difference in operational running is amazing .  truly worth the try , pete

• Like 1

johnnymag3
13 minutes ago, peter lena said:

johnnymag3, here is another lubrication additive i use , you will notice the difference and mechanical ease in engine running , i add two ounces to my engine oil , RISLONE , ZINC  , GOT MINE ON LINE, WITH AMAZON PRIME , best price and most ounces ,free shipping . use it in my 3 horses , and the difference in operational running is amazing .  truly worth the try , pete

Going to get some of that and try it....Keep some on my shelves along with MARVEL MYSTERY OIL, SEAFOAM, STABIL,LUCAS, among other great juices for our beloved machines

• Like 1

johnnymag3

Rislone 4405 Engine Oil Supplement Concentrate with Zinc Treatment - 11 oz.

Is this the stuff?

Edited by johnnymag3
  • Like 1

johnnymag3

Just ordered a six pack of the stuff...  11 oz. bottles, total 66 Fl. Ounces for 15.00

Great deal

thanks for the suggestion

• Like 1

peter lena

JamesL

...started

20200724_085427.jpg

20200726_103823.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

johnnymag3

Pete....I guess 6 bottles for 14.97 was a great deal then !!!

Redneckdavis
5 hours ago, JamesL said:

...started

20200724_085427.jpg

20200726_103823.jpg

Looks like a good project. Love those fenders. Have the hood?

Jhook

No pics today, but ordered an air filter, oil filter, and pre cleaner today. The 315 has been working all weekend on a 7,000 dollar mulching job at a big commercial property. My landscaping buddies 15 thousand dollar ferris couldn't handle pulling 40 yards of mulch up the steep grade so i ran home and grabbed the horse😂

• Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

IMG_20200726_191210.jpg.2c9363e6660470a4e88a368c48aab940.jpg

Trina and her mom pulled up a couple more loads of wood and spent some refilling the outside wood storage. 

I took a ride on the Cinnamon Horse to get the splitter out of the forest for a little maintenance and cleanup.

Then use it near the yard for a bit..

Also did a little disassembly in the Charger.

Edited by ebinmaine
Added a pic
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2

johnnymag3

Christmas Eve is less than 5 mos. away !!!!

• Sad 2

D_Mac

Sold the 416-8 today and the C-161 a couple of weeks ago. Leaves me " Horseless " again. Sad to see them go, both were really nice tractors. Each ran as good as they looked. I enjoyed fixing both of them up. Look forward to finding my next project now that I have a space in the garage. I still have the Lambert, Simplicity, and the Homemade Tractor. Was hoping someone here would pick up the Homemade. Like to see it go to someone who appreciates it for what it is. 

20200715_110540.jpg

20200626_184741.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

Pullstart

While Rylee raked the lawn... I used Stormy and the ARK 500 to scoop up the trimmings.  Jane the Commando 6 came out to haul it all away.

8CA8131B-307A-4F0D-AFD2-A1617B725B38.jpeg

58208594-7DE5-422F-96AF-5D362DDB5CF4.jpeg

8640FCD7-CCD9-4558-849E-9FE11D44BEC0.jpeg

99DF0C46-B5EF-4945-B12C-DDC17046828E.jpeg

71A82762-16C4-4874-8BD8-D1B0680114BB.jpeg

C11F1FF0-A104-4C0A-87E7-6C105779FF0E.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

RandyLittrell

Found this online and am going to go pick it up tomorrow. Only the second one I has seen for sale since I got my first horse. Never seen one in person before. 

116592952_4721409044539779_6016013140346491994_n.jpg

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 3

oldredrider

One for sale nearby to me. $120. I want it but don't need it. Decisions, decisions. 

SylvanLakeWH
2 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

Found this online and am going to go pick it up tomorrow. Only the second one I has seen for sale since I got my first horse. Never seen one in person before. 

116592952_4721409044539779_6016013140346491994_n.jpg

My eyes...My Eyes... :scared-eek: 

Picking up some Regal Red paint I assume? :ychain:

Nice score - those are great little trailers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1