Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Pullstart
26 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

I reinstalled the brakes on one of my horses, the PO had taken then off as the pedal fouled one of the pulleys for the rototiller. I sorted the pulley, found all the bits and after a fight with a few rusted bolts managed to get it all back on the machine and working.

Also swapped the rear tyres out for a spare set that are full of water. It seemed to make a difference when tilling. Will fill my spare set of front tyres with water tomorrow to help control the wheelies!

Filled tires = such a huge difference in control!

Dan.gerous
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

Filled tires = such a huge difference in control!

It's amazing, I wouldn't have believed you until trying it myself.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

water

Straight water? No concern for freezing?

Dan.gerous
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Straight water? No concern for freezing?

Yeah, temperatures here are pretty mild even in the winter it rarely goes much below freezing.

I want a snow blower but it would maybe get used once every three years for a day

• Like 1

Tractorhead
2 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

Yeah, temperatures here are pretty mild even in the winter it rarely goes much below freezing.

I want a snow blower but it would maybe get used once every three years for a day

Enough to have one in spare 😂 you know

It’s allway‘s better to have, than to need 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dan.gerous
27 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Enough to have one in spare 😂 you know

It’s allway‘s better to have, than to need 😉

I wouldn't mind a few more, but different models and especially a big one like a D something, or at least one with a three point linkage.

And I still need one to run a road sweeper.

Have to wait a while though as already overspent on wheelhorses for the year,!

• Thanks 1

Dan.gerous
36 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Bought the horses somewhere to stay. And it’s red.Blue one was already packed full of parts, tools, tractors and house stuff. Just got the Red one and it will be pretty much tractors/parts only. The beginnings of a shop. Just need a roof and some concrete. :handgestures-thumbupright:

DF8372E5-383F-48AA-92D0-81E9FBBF39F9.jpeg

Are you putting a roof between them and using the middle as covered work area?

• Like 1

johnnymag3

So what I did today is connect my idiot light to my key switch according to the Schematics....I was working on the 1257. The Tractor was fool proof before this covid -19 experiment. as I was bored....

now there is no power to the starter. All I did was add the idiot light to the key switch, and boom...JUNK.

The tractor now needs a key switch now. I put one wire on the hot to the ignition coil...IGN and then one to the starter side S of the generator....as stated in the pictures here on WH Red Square site. Now I have no power to the starter generator without jumping the darn hot wire on the back of the switch to the starter wire.          WHATS THE DEAL?

did the key switch just decide to leave town or what? I used a meter to check

Ralph S

I put news shoes and a sleeve hitch on the old girl. Front and rear tires loaded and ready to plow.

20200423_175847.jpg

20200423_175837.jpg

20200423_175826.jpg

20200423_174850.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

19richie66
2 hours ago, Dan.gerous said:

Are you putting a roof between them and using the middle as covered work area?

Going to try to do a 32’ span steel trusses and concrete an 18’x40’ center section. Red container will get a 12’ roll up garage door on the side facing the blue one. The blue one I lose 10’ of in front for my wife’s storage area. I will have a 36” steel walk in door on that side so I can keep wall space. I want to hang all my wheelhorse stuff on that wall. I have a 3’x6’ dealer sign and grilles from many different models to put on the wall and want to put leds in all the headlight bezels so They light up at night. Trophy wall I guess. Going to try and have a 16’ rollup garage door on each end of the slab too. If my plans come together. If not, what you see is what I’ll have with a portable canopy between them and a wood deck :laughing-rolling:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

DF8372E5-383F-48AA-92D0-81E9FBBF39F9.jpeg

Curious, what did those run you delivered? And were they pretty clean? Metal and latches etc. in good shape?

I’m thinking of one of the 20’ long ones as a shed...

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Bought the blue one last August and it was $2800 delivered and got the red one from the same guy today for $2675 delivered. They have some scratches and some dings but overall are very good shape. Door seals are guaranteed to be leak free and the hardware is in great shape. Very satisfied. Should be able to do a complete shop for less than $10k, hopefully . You can buy a new or “one tripper” for $4500/5000 but these will suite my need. The 20 footers are usually more because they are less common I’m told. Depends on where you are I guess. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Interesting plan Richie... any thoughts on putting windows in??? Ventilation issues?? Guy I delivered a tractor to once had one but it was like a cave and it echoed somethin fierce. Even with decent lighting it reminded me too much of being back on a submarine.

• Haha 5

Tractorhead

😂 Huh, submarine maybe yes, 

but has the advance if you plan once to move the Workshop in a other Area of the Yard,

you can simply move it with a Cranetruck. Quicker than with any other Workshop.

Thinking since a time about a mobile Workshop like that.

The echo thing depends on the size of the Container and the interieur,

the more is in, the more it doesn‘t echo at all. Same like in empty rooms.

Sidewindows are a must in my opinion, but never a roof hole neiter for Vent.

Ventilating maybe on backside in upper Sidewall with a vent but also just with a filter.

A side Garagedoor for entry into a bit shifted to one side,

to build also a rack for few Tractors could be a good idea.

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 1

19richie66
6 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Interesting plan Richie... any thoughts on putting windows in??? Ventilation issues?? Guy I delivered a tractor to once had one but it was like a cave and it echoed somethin fierce. Even with decent lighting it reminded me too much of being back on a submarine.

I’m putting vents in this one first while its empty and then will vent the second one later. I found a place that sells side vents with screens to keep the critters out. I plan on some type of insulation on at least the ceiling for now. Haven’t got that far. I know a guy that does heating/AC :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

953 nut
3 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I plan on some type of insulation on at least the ceiling

:text-yeahthat:       Without insulation you will get some condensation for sure.

12 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I lose 10’ of in front for my wife’s storage area.

:angry-tappingfoot:               Why would you store your wife in a shipping container?   Isn't she going to live in the house?             :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 6

19richie66
Just now, 953 nut said:

:text-yeahthat:       Without insulation you will get some condensation for sure.

:angry-tappingfoot:               Why would you store your wife in a shipping container?   Isn't she going to live in the house?             :laughing-rolling:

Christmas decorations Mr. Nut :laughing-rolling:

Yes I have been reading/watching videos about  the condensation issues. Plan on insulating the ceiling with close cell foam sheets and contact cementing them up and wall studs with a channel on too for the edges. Lot of work but I think it will be worth it in the end..... if I finish it.

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Why would you store your wife in a shipping container

I'm not seeing a problem here

• Haha 4

Stormin
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm not seeing a problem here

Try it with Trina, Eric. What flowers would you like? :greetings-wavegreen:

• Haha 4

Stormin

Mowed the green and verges today. Using the C-125 as usual. Got the green done and was doing the verge down the lane to the junction, when the engine died. Refused to restart and I had to push it back home.

Check plug for spark. :handgestures-thumbup: Check pump for delivery to carb. :handgestures-thumbup: Off with float bowl and it looked clean. So off with carb and blew the jets out.

Carb back on and changed the in line filter. The one fitted had been on for some years. Primed the carb and the engine breathed life once more. :)

Must have been a minute particle that had found it's way into the main jet.

• Like 4

Tractorhead

After i derusted the whole Mowerdeck last week with rustprevention paint on the underside

i cleaned it today immediately after Mowing with the pressure washer.

8AB7EAAF-6724-4579-AFC3-005560707057.jpeg.365b53b9ec3f515231e6ae7c7b824495.jpeg

After that i regreased the Spindles and the Belt spanner.

• Like 5

Pullstart

The unwanted rodents in the chicken coop lately haven’t responded to my request to vacate the premises.

312C26B2-D81D-40D8-B913-B8B8D51E8C23.jpeg

1CB1CEBF-045F-42F6-A6BF-13C06B05470B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

formariz
2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

The unwanted rodents in the chicken coop lately haven’t responded to my request to vacate the premises.

312C26B2-D81D-40D8-B913-B8B8D51E8C23.jpeg

1CB1CEBF-045F-42F6-A6BF-13C06B05470B.jpeg

Are you fumigating them? Just about to do that with the ground hogs before the damn shed collapses .

• Like 2

formariz

What do you use at exaust so it doesn’t melt?