Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

19richie66

That looks fantastic @MikMacMike

MikMacMike
1 minute ago, 19richie66 said:

That looks fantastic @MikMacMike

Well thankyou 19richie66

Pullstart
12 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

Thanks pullstart.

That’s all formed with hammer and dolly?  No sheet metal brake?

953 nut
10 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

will be fully welded but right now just held together till I figure out joining the two different frames

:twocents-02cents:    You may want to weld an inch, skip two inches, etc. If you weld the entire length it is very likely to twist.

• Like 1

Tractorhead

However it will be made @MikMacMike, very clean and good Work.

Learned several years ago how to handle, but it wasn‘t my beloved work, so i forgot a lot of fine knowledge.

19richie66
7 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:twocents-02cents:    You may want to weld an inch, skip two inches, etc. If you weld the entire length it is very likely to twist.

Yes sir. Going to clamp it to a work table and zip a little here, zap a little there. I appreciate the advice though. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

MikMacMike
13 hours ago, pullstart said:

That’s all formed with hammer and dolly?  No sheet metal brake?

I tried the tiny sheet metal brake and its just too weak to bend the long runs, as for the short runs you just cant get them into the brake to line up.....Yes it was all hammer and dolly but there is a bit of a good starting trick.

• Excellent 2

MikMacMike
9 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Learned several years ago how to handle, but it wasn‘t my beloved work, so i forgot a lot of fine knowledge.

the one thing is patients and really look at the metal as you bend....if it was a hidden peice id still try to make it smooth but not like a shown peice like where this ones in veiw.

• Like 1

MikMacMike
9 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Visualize and just pateints....and a sheeesh load of time to say the least.

MikMacMike
14 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

I tried the tiny sheet metal brake and its just too weak to bend the long runs, as for the short runs you just cant get them into the brake to line up.....Yes it was all hammer and dolly but there is a bit of a good starting trick.

ahhhhh the trick you ask......now because 18 gauge is too heavy in longer runs because it bends nice angles on the end but in the center it bends with a radiouse and looks awfull.....20 gauge is the max for this break I have and even then its still disapointing. The trick is to mount angle irion to your bench....the best is to screw it through out its length but you can clamp it too for just temporary. Also make sure the angle Iron is no less then 1/4".....heaver = better always....plus you want a very solid bench top so every swing of the hammer doesnt vibrate the bench or it makes a far too long of a job. Rest his soul but my Paw showed me this as we worked on his 1953 Studebaker Starliner Hardtop.....or Lowboy for short heheheh.

• Like 2

MikMacMike
On 12/8/2019 at 11:55 PM, Tractorhead said:

I like that pict - calendar candidate 

While Key freezes, i quick bolted on rear a Load mount.

Huh?

aaaaaahahahaa ok -  wrong Color i know, will be changed if weather give me a chance, 

promised.

6DBD7538-14DF-438B-A2DA-52185E69C9C2.jpeg.661045b79b8aa2f7e0cb0995d0c0531f.jpeg

To add more weight and adjust / release Front Axle.

79CBA88D-2F15-478E-8869-B1847A1157F9.jpeg.71e21f249c4f1101de9127ceb177561f.jpeg

ok, 75 Kilo‘s are not that much, but i can hopping on and it lasts.

maybe i try later this.... D762A07C-0017-441C-BE7F-6DA5709FD351.jpeg.8683f52582868628a813792387d4c8ec.jpeg

😎

Oh wow Id love to see this hooked up but even better I wanna see this in Video action......is that tiller a WH one?

Tractorhead
3 hours ago, MikMacMike said:

Oh wow Id love to see this hooked up but even better I wanna see this in Video action......is that tiller a WH one?

no, it's a local Brand called Siekmann.

this was a made of late  1973-1975, for a 2 Wheeler.

im curious if my Vertical was able to deal with.

but with added Weight of 40 Kilos on the back and another 20 Kilos to front i hope the Gearbox lasts.

The Engine with 16HP will have „fire enough“  to handle.

it becomes a try, and yes, i will do a movie about it.

in case of successfully moving a 650 Kilo heavy Trailer thru weak grounds, i honestly think it can be workin.

but this takes a bit of Time, firstly it have to do it‘s Winter Job.😎

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 2

MikMacMike
2 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

no, it's a local Brand called Siekmann.

this was a made of late  1973-1975, for a 2 Wheeler.

im curious if my Vertical was able to deal with.

but with added Weight of 40 Kilos on the back and another 20 Kilos to front i hope the Gearbox lasts.

The Engine with 16HP will have „fire enough“  to handle.

it becomes a try, and yes, i will do a movie about it.

but this takes a bit of Time, firstly it have to do it‘s Winter Job.😎

What do you mean a 2 wheeler?.....I think if the spades are a bit smaller then the single spade one it should be ok.....Id think??? But what I do like most of all is instead of it pulling to one side like the singles Id think it would pull far more evenly, looking at the spades one pulles left the other to the right....cancelling the pull laterally......hmmmmm Im thinking anyways. Either way if it does have trouble pulling I think ....with out having the opertunity yet to use one, thats what Id do?? I do like that double far better then the single brodere.

Tractorhead

It was for simple plowing with increasing the efficency

what i meant with 2 Wheeler 

that..

35418839-05BE-442F-A98C-E5EE84853D7A.jpeg.0fd73f4602ad3278ea6913e917b3849e.jpeg

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 3

Achto
42 minutes ago, mr biggs said:

Well today I found out  Dooley setup on a garden tractor is not the best idea for plowing snow LOL

Even though your tractor looks super coolB), wider is never better when it comes to traction in snow. Glad you had a good time plowing though.:handgestures-thumbupright: Still waiting for a real snow storm here.:sad-bored:

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
55 minutes ago, mr biggs said:

Well today I found out  Dooley setup on a garden tractor is not the best idea for plowing snow LOL 😁 but it was really fun doing it IMG_20191201_114655.jpg.6edc926e6c515eba0fce2211ac6f3ef7.jpgIMG_20191201_114655.jpg.6edc926e6c515eba0fce2211ac6f3ef7.jpg

IMG_20191201_114707.jpg

Yepp....

Single tires. Chains. LOTS of weight.

What in theeee world size is that plow???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Agree with @Achto Biggs ... loose the duals for winter but please do put them back on for the summer coolness! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Pullstart

I recall this build during summer months, and the skepticism that dual wheels brought then.  Yep, get it skinny, heavy and chained/weighted, you’ll be wishing that plow was even wider!  Looks great!

• Like 1

Lee1977

I got a nice Christmas package from Wheelhorseman yesterday. Got it all installed today. Made a trip around the property to see If I got evert thing back together just before it rained.

SAM-1113.jpg

SAM-1115.jpg

SAM-1116.jpg

• Excellent 6

MikMacMike
10 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

It was for simple plowing with increasing the efficiency

what i meant with 2 Wheeler 

that..

35418839-05BE-442F-A98C-E5EE84853D7A.jpeg.0fd73f4602ad3278ea6913e917b3849e.jpeg

LMAOooooooooooooooooo Whaaaa did I miss that one.....I thought when I looked at the other pic of your that it had 2 spades tilling at the same time.....Its late sheeeeiiiit i need a beer. Still though it is an excellnt Idea and does like you say increase efficiency.

Tractorhead
11 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

LMAOooooooooooooooooo Whaaaa did I miss that one.....I thought when I looked at the other pic of your that it had 2 spades tilling at the same time.....Its late sheeeeiiiit i need a beer. Still though it is an excellnt Idea and does like you say increase efficiency.

Hi MikMacMike,

I honestly wouldn‘t need the efficiency,

the advantage to plow in any direction as you like make me a wanna have for that Plow.

Means you can build a left row or a right row, it just depends where you begin with.

The Tiller will be just enlarged with 2 Hackstars. And 2 metal covers for the Stars.

at least it shall get an quick mounting hitch to be fixed at the back of my Horse.

• Like 1

MikMacMike
3 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Hi MikMacMike,

I honestly wouldn‘t need the efficiency,

the advantage to plow in any direction as you like make me a wanna have for that Plow.

Means you can build a left row or a right row, it just depends where you begin with.

The Tiller will be just enlarged with 2 Hackstars. And 2 metal covers for the Stars.

at least it shall get an quick mounting hitch to be fixed at the back of my Horse.

The tractor hes using is a tad bigger but I also saw that it is a 4x4 too....hmmmm

Is there a standard depth that those tillers are used at or can the depth be adjusted? Why I am asking is you said about the gearbox lasting....I am no farmer....well not yet anyways, hopefully soon. But nothings saying you have to go full depth the 1st run....yes it would save time. But say you go half depth 1st time then second time full depth.....it'll take longer but Id think it might be alot easier on the gear box???? What do you think?

Tractorhead

It was just a 6“ Plow, the one who‘s showed in the Video on the 4x4 is a bigger one.

i used it just as example use.

but i had also a 4x4 Iseki for stronger things to do.

I had an own Thread for it, if you like, you can follow. 

Didn‘t wanna capture this thread.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

I bought a 1985. O6-42ST04 Wheel Horse Snow Blower today from a fellow Red Square 🟥 member in Indiana!   This is the nicest. Snowblower I have seen in years.  Well stored and taken care of and ready to attach and work! 

BA8BE489-B934-4A31-8657-3AE42F5D2DAA.jpeg

305D7065-C6A5-4EE1-8394-ED0CF0D097CA.jpeg

681ADA79-5954-4FFF-A307-3C16814C815D.jpeg

DDCF239E-BDFB-46C7-9662-E9DEA00FB17C.jpeg

DF8A8BA8-E64B-4A24-AC65-1889F097DE4B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5