Desko

Lets see the snow rigs!

peter lena

does that come with a HEATED DRIVERS SEAT ?   only asking !, ha ha, Pete

• Haha 4

NinerHB

It's technically a "blue tractor", but it's Toro under the paint.
Built myself a snow cab to not get snow blown in my face.  I have about 500' of driveway to keep clear (including the loop up front, where the mailman comes).  The cab has an acrylic windshield with an old Ford truck wiper arm, manually driven.  The sides and back were 4 mil vinyl, but that froze and then tore in the last deep freeze, so I'm replacing with fiber reinforced clear tarp (14 mil).

Replaced the battery this year, and so far it's fired up whenever I've needed it.

20190128_185341.jpg

• Like 5

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:I’d recognize that anywhere as an xi series  with different paint and decals!  Great snow mover there especially with the deuce and I love the ingenuity on the cab.  

SylvanLakeWH

Another 3" down on three driveways...

This winter is picking up!!!  :banana-skier:

IMG_0158.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Sporting the rarely seen :wh: black hood's factory shovel attachment too, I see.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

@SylvanLakeWH glad you are getting some seat time on the blackhood.  We are in one of those snow/cold weather patterns this winter where it feels like all we are doing is clearing snow.  Sunday I had about 4-6” of wet heavy slush to move with a 2” water base under it. Chose the blade on the Cub for that.  Last night and this morning we got another 6” of light powder and blew that out wit the Dxi and deuce.  Looks like we could get another couple of inches on Saturday and so the fun continues...

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

@SylvanLakeWH glad you are getting some seat time on the blackhood.  We are in one of those snow/cold weather patterns this winter where it feels like all we are doing is clearing snow.  Sunday I had about 4-6” of wet heavy slush to move with a 2” water base under it. Chose the blade on the Cub for that.  Last night and this morning we got another 6” of light powder and blew that out wit the Dxi and deuce.  Looks like we could get another couple of inches on Saturday and so the fun continues...

Glad you guys are having so much fun.

:greetings-clappingyellow:

You can keep all the snow though.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
5 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: Sporting the rarely seen :wh: black hood's factory shovel attachment too, I see.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Yep - Added that last week...

Pretty simple design that holds the shovel perfectly as I go down the road (at excessive speed) to my neighbor's drives...

Mods may want to add a new one to the Manuals section: WH NOS Pt. No. CHEPO-PLSTC-SHVL-001.  :D

IMG_0160.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Mods may want to add a new one to the Manuals section: WH NOS Pt. No. CHEPO-PLSTC-SHVL-001.  :D

You done a good job there and I am appreciative of people's hard work.

Perhaps you'd be willing to share the specifications of your fastening device?

I'm going to need at minimum, the length and wire size of the ends, angle of curl, length and approximate torsional strength of the flexible material used to create the center portion of said fastening device.

:ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

SylvanLakeWH
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

You done a good job there and I am appreciative of people's hard work.

Perhaps you'd be willing to share the specifications of your fastening device?

I'm going to need at minimum, the length and wire size of the ends, angle of curl, length and approximate torsional strength of the flexible material used to create the center portion of said fastening device.

Only specification I took note of: "FREE" (found on side of road during recent walk...) Many, many, many seconds spent bending the S hook to the proper angle to smoothly link in true :wh: style with the perfectly placed holes in the fender pan...Probably at least 15 seconds of detailed and tedious fine tuning with the pliers and vise-grips...

Truly a thing of engineering genius...appreciated only by those with an eye towards the finer things in life...

• Haha 4
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Truly a thing of engineering genius.

Obviously

6 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

appreciated only by those with an eye towards the finer things in life.

Oh yeah yeah.

I know.

• Haha 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Only specification I took note of: "FREE" (found on side of road during recent walk...) Many, many, many seconds spent bending the S hook to the proper angle to smoothly link in true :wh: style with the perfectly placed holes in the fender pan...Probably at least 15 seconds of detailed and tedious fine tuning with the pliers and vise-grips...

Truly a thing of engineering genius...appreciated only by those with an eye towards the finer things in life...

Rylee wanted me to read this to her.  I did.  Then I showed her the picture of the shovel and said elastic band.  She found great humor in the story.  She’s a funny kid too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
2 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Here is my snow rig  for the year!  This is all I needed to clear my driveway with !!

IMG_5522.JPG

Bristles on the broom appear to be the appropriate shade of :wh: red...What year / model  is that broom???

:ychain:

• Haha 3

The Tuul Crib
10 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Bristles on the broom appear to be the appropriate shade of :wh: red...What year / model  is that broom???

:ychain:

It's a B R 549!

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
11 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Here is my snow rig  for the year!  This is all I needed to clear my driveway with !!

IMG_5522.JPG

We've got approximately 30" of base snow right now and over a month of snow season to go...:occasion-snowman:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Pullstart
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

We've got approximately 30" of base snow right now and over a month of snow season to go...:occasion-snowman:

The only thing about that statement I like is that you keep your base.  We get the snow, it’s beautiful, I work like crazy to clear it, then before we get to enjoy it much it melts and rains.  We’ve had the snowmobile going once or twice for short amounts of time this season.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

PeacemakerJack

People have asked me for years why I don’t get a snowmobile...and my answer is based on your statement Kevin.  We don’t retain a good snow base in our area. If you travel three hours north, the usually keep a decent base all season but not down here unless you go back to the late 1970’s.  This year is an exception though. We have gotten quite a bit of snow since the beginning of January and it has stayed around for the most part. Those who have sleds and enjoy winter sports are loving it.

THEN THERE IS THE REST OF US!

(saying, “will winter ever end?”)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WildmanC120

Had a few inches to clear today. Ran like a champ.  As soon as winter is done I have a few things to clean up on the horse and do the right way...like mount that fuel pump somewhere, remove the key witch box and put key in the dash where it should be and build a nice new exhaust as I have all the parts here now.  C'mon spring. 

IMG_20190228_162248.jpg

IMG_20190228_162302.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

Reel Mower Freak

Yes. Garage is a mess. Move along. 

AEC3C866-EC40-43CA-9410-3F99B88731B6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

AMC RULES

:hand: Wait now...there's so much to see in there. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Sarge

Thanks to all the ice/sleet/slush storms we've gotten this year I have broken 2 more floor brooms trying to sweep away a dusting around the back door - it has truly been a rough winter on my equipment. The snow that I have plowed is now in solidly frozen piles that will probably last until the end of April - at which time I'll have to scramble to clean up the gravel and all the branches the ice storms have created. Lot of cleanup work this spring, again. 

Sarge

• Sad 1

953 nut
On 2/28/2019 at 7:35 AM, PeacemakerJack said:

will winter ever end?

Die-Winter.jpg.802cba088ee8bdef1a89eb41bf75c1ac.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib
22 hours ago, Reel Mower Freak said:

Yes. Garage is a mess. Move along. 

AEC3C866-EC40-43CA-9410-3F99B88731B6.jpeg

Nooooo!!! What mess!

Reel Mower Freak
12 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Nooooo!!! What mess!

I should post a pick of the barn then and really blow your mind. Moved in here Oct 31 and have been renovating steady. No time to get organized yet. Need the nicer weather. I’ll post a pick of the whole fleet some day. 

• Like 1