TDF5G

Box Dozer Blade

TDF5G

I apologize if this has been posted already.  I don't check this thread often, but I hoped y'all would enjoy it! :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Ed Kennell
5 hours ago, TDF5G said:

I apologize if this has been posted already.  I don't check this thread often, but I hoped y'all would enjoy it! :)

I just saw your post of this video, and I do apologize to you for my later  posting.   :text-imsorry:

• Like 2

TDF5G
2 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I just saw your post of this video, and I do apologize to you for my later  posting.   :text-imsorry:

I would have figured someone had already posted it.   I didn't see it here anywhere so I went ahead and posted.  No apologies to me necessary Ed. :)

• Like 1

KC9KAS

I saw that on FaceBook, and today the daughter of a friend "tagged" me on this and said, "dad thought of you when he saw this"!

I was hurt that he thought I would drive a JD!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sarge

That video is making some serious laps - it's showing up everywhere. Pretty impressed with the box itself - held up great compared to their crappy TV's ...lol .

Sarge

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I'm guessing that  box is secretly reinforced inside with a steel frame.  :scratchead:

• Like 1

Sarge

I suspect the same, some wood or metal inside the box for how well it was scraping the pavement. The video even showed up on our local news station as well as the Weather Channel yesterday.

Sarge

• Like 2

T-Mo

That's an STX lawn tractor, made from the late 80s to early 90s.  Deere did not recommend, nor provide, a front blade for that series as it's intended and designed function was just mowing.  The earlier ones did offer a 38 inch snow blower, but the later ones this was not even offered.  Deere had better options for snow removal in their line, so since the STX line was pretty much built on a light uni-body frame, they were intended for anything more than mowing.

• Like 1

tunahead72

So, the mower will self-destruct before the box? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Sarge

Most likely - if you listen closely when he loaded it up with that wet snow that transmission was whining pretty loudly. A lot of those JD's get scrapped from blowing the trans just by simply pulling a small cart or even a sweeper. Their value used is about as low as it gets for what they cost new...

I have an LA series I inherited from Dad, it does ok for what it is for just mowing but I'd never push it beyond that.

Sarge

• Like 1

T-Mo

Actually, the STX came in both gear drive and hydrostatic drive configurations.  For their price and what they are, they were tough little units.  A lot of them are still mowing today.  Weak point was the hood hinge on them.  Engines were Kohler Commands.