Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

60 inch deck question

stevebo

Hello Guys,

I recently picked up a 60 inch mower deck for my 1993 520H. This deck is a beast. I have seen other 60 inch decks with front and read side wheels. Mine does not have the front set that mount off to each side. Was this an option for this deck or is mine missing them along with the mounting brackets?? I just watched the video in the other 520 H post and that one had the 60 inch deck with the front wheels. Any advise would be great. Thanks- Steve Bo

kj4kicks

Hi Steve, the early models (I think 1991 and earlier) had the runners. The later models have the wheels.

E.

stevebo

Eldon,

This deck has no wheels in the front. It does not make sense to me since it is such a heavy deck. The only thing that holds the front up is the attach o matic hanger. Sounds to me like I may need to fabricate some front rollers.... Any suggestions??

kj4kicks

Does it have what looks like sleigh runners on the front corners?

Nick

The front wheels on the deck don't carry any weight. There basically adjustable anti scalp wheels where the steel slides were not adjustable. Been a while but I think it was suggested the wheels be set around 3/8" off the ground but that might have been a different deck. :thumbs:

Edit. Now that i think about it, 3/8 doesn't sound like much space on the deck wheel. I do think that might be off. :whistle:

stevebo

This deck has one front center roller that is about 8 inches wide with the sled style gliders on each front corner. I just figured this is a lot of weight to be put on the front hanger. Thanks for the info !!

Nick

The 60" decks were definitely heavy built. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few high hour machines out there with damage after hauling that big deck around for years.

Those 60" decks do cut great and have a sound all there own. :thumbs: