mikeeyre74

Where does this piece go on my 520H?

mikeeyre74

The previous owner gave me a bunch of “extra parts“ that he had lying around and in the bottom of the box I found this thing… I’m just not sure where it goes because none of my other machines have one of these that I recognize? Can anyone shed some light? 

What's this?

What's this?

mike

benji756

My guess is eather the pto, clutch/brake or seat safty switch.

WNYPCRepair
4 minutes ago, mikeeyre74 said:

The previous owner gave me a bunch of “extra parts“ that he had lying around and in the bottom of the box I found this thing… I’m just not sure where it goes because none of my other machines have one of these that I recognize? Can anyone shed some light? 

What's this?

What's this?

mike

That is the switch for the motion lever, to make sure it is in neutral before you start it. It mounts behind the dash

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 2

mikeeyre74

Snap.  I should’ve mentioned that I know that it’s not the PTO lever, and I don’t believe it’s the seat switch because the wires for all of that are still there… But yes, the neutral safety switch for the motion control makes sense! Thanks! 

Adams94
19 minutes ago, WNYPCRepair said:

That is the switch for the motion lever, to make sure it is in neutral before you start it. It mounts behind the dash

I believe this is correct :text-yeahthat:

dclarke

Here's a pic of it on my 520H, it goes behind the cover plate, right below the ignition switch. 

DSC06155.JPG

Edited by dclarke
  • Like 9

mikeeyre74

Excellent! That makes good sense. 

But it brings up another point.  In your photo, to the extreme left hand side of the image, there is a lock nut compressing a spring.  What is that all about? 

Ed Kennell

My 520 has the motion control on the console, but if that one is on the steering tower, that may be the spring that has to be compressed to shift to reverse, or the hydraulic lift connection to the valve.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

WNYPCRepair
10 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

My 520 has the motion control on the console, but if that one is on the steering tower, that may be the spring that has to be compressed to shift to reverse, or the hydraulic lift connection to the valve.

It has been a while, but I think that is part of the lift mechanism as you said

(Edit)Definitely. It is pushing down on that arm to return the cylinder to a neutral position. 

The motion lever is below that shaft, and is fun to get back together while lining up the roll pin.

DSC06155.JPG.575421830862b3bf96652c11fd3568ba.jpg.30e8593b0a26fb7899901ebecf0376a9.jpg

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 1

dclarke
8 hours ago, mikeeyre74 said:

Excellent! That makes good sense. 

But it brings up another point.  In your photo, to the extreme left hand side of the image, there is a lock nut compressing a spring.  What is that all about? 

Ed and Brian are correct, the spring is on the lever that connects the spool valve to the "lift" control arm. 

DSC06379.JPG

DSC06156.JPG

DSC06157.JPG

mikeeyre74

OK, I see how it's installed in there now, but.. is that some sort of adjustment that I should know about? I take it by all the corrosion on that one there in the picture that you're not doing much with it regularly, but.. I'd be curious to know what the point of it is?

dclarke
1 hour ago, mikeeyre74 said:

OK, I see how it's installed in there now, but.. is that some sort of adjustment that I should know about? I take it by all the corrosion on that one there in the picture that you're not doing much with it regularly, but.. I'd be curious to know what the point of it is?

There’s no adjustment that I can remember, there just needs to be spring tension on it when tightened down. I recently bought this 520 and went thru it. These pics were taken for reference when I took it apart.